Found Deceased NE - Carly Schaaf, 23, Lincoln, 17 May 2021 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone smothered her while she was doing drugs seems more accurate.
If she didn't die of an overdose, it seems off to include it as a COD.

Also another weird thing about the autopsy report:
"As of Thursday, it also remained unclear where exactly she was killed. Schaaf’s death certificate describes the location of her death as “unknown” — noting only that she was found near the lake."

Why would they not have this information?

Sheriff Terry Wagner had said the body was purposefully covered. (source)

As disturbing as it is to write this out, it seems most likely that she was killed in another location and then buried by the lake, and they don't know where that location is.

Sheriff Terry Wagner had said the body was purposefully covered. (source)

As disturbing as it is to write this out, it seems most likely that she was killed in another location and then buried by the lake, and they don't know where that location is.
Oh, thanks, that makes sense and is obvious now that you said it.
I was so upset that a death by smothering is being (victim) blamed on her drug use that I lost my trust in the whole thing.

Per the LJS article, the death certificate says she suffered from 'acute intoxication' at time of her death by diphenhydramine and methamphetamine. The article states diphenhydramine is commonly found in OTC allergy meds like Benadryl.

Jackson the officer quoted in the article says they have determined how long her body was in location found. But this info they will "hold close" .

Article also says no suspect has been announced.

(Apologize I'm on phone & challenged with posting and linking and not repeating what others have already posted.)

Long-awaited autopsy reveals Lincoln woman Carly Schaaf died by homicide, records show

Last edited:
Per the LJS article, the death certificate says she suffered from 'acute intoxication' at time of her death by diphenhydramine and methamphetamine. The article states diphenhydramine is commonly found in OTC allergy meds like Benadryl.

Jackson the officer quoted in the article says they have determined how long her body was in location found. But this info they will "hold close" .

Article also says no suspect has been announced.

(Apologize I'm on phone & challenged with posting and linking and not repeating what others have already posted.)

Long-awaited autopsy reveals Lincoln woman Carly Schaaf died by homicide, records show

So….she was using meth and the Benadryl was to help come down? Or??? Im just wondering if the drugs were just in her system or if they actually contributed to her death in some way. And yes, I already know using drugs can put ppl in dangerous situations with dangerous ppl. But I get the feeling they are withholding quite a bit of info in this case.

LPD tweeted the release: https://twitter.com/Lincoln_Police/status/1403804296257445901

Says 'due to evidence found at the scene... considered suspicious.'

Really hoping they have this figured out and will make arrest.

RIP Carly.

Well, now we know what evidence made it seem suspicious! Also, we know they found her body because they found pictures on the suspects phone and a video of him assaulting her while she was unconscious. The fact that her body was in a comforter and wrapped with a shower curtain definitely screams suspicious! It is safe to say that he is a monster! She didn't deserve what happened to her - and neither did the other two SA victims! I wonder what happened to the previous case of SA against him?!

Newer article from 2023 talking about how the people who killed Carly are also being charged for federal gun crimes. It also includes some more info about the circumstances around her death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back