NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It’s really hard NOT to be suspicious considering the circumstances, IMO.

At first, I truly thought this was just an unfortunate accident, but now I don’t think so.
I feel if it were an accident, wouldn’t his body be found? Where could he have gotten in that amount of time?
How do you see this going down?
It has always been my opinion that after he walked away from the house, looking for a way back to Moorcroft that he started walking that way. I believe one or more of the people close to or involved in the argument from the house that he left from, went out looking for him after the storm and found him. But instead of things being calm and his returning, the argument flared again and a fight broke out and Chase was accidentally killed and his body hidden. I believe those people are being protected by others not talking and telling what they know.
MOO MOO MOO MOO

It has always been my opinion that after he walked away from the house, looking for a way back to Moorcroft that he started walking that way. I believe one or more of the people close to or involved in the argument from the house that he left from, went out looking for him after the storm and found him. But instead of things being calm and his returning, the argument flared again and a fight broke out and Chase was accidentally killed and his body hidden. I believe those people are being protected by others not talking and telling what they know.
MOO MOO MOO MOO
I think you just nailed it! :(

IMO, the wife was po’d, maybe even embarrassed, that her husband walked off on foot. Asking a stupid question about a death certificate to LE, hardly paints her as a murderer or her participation in foul play against Chance. Apparently she even told his new company not to hold his job for him. Again, I see anger and maybe in that moment, she didn’t care about him at all. It was a crappy thing to do. IMO

I listened to The Vanished podcast on this case. I’m happy the wife trusted the show to give her side of the story. Otherwise, if you would have just listened to Chance’s mom (as an example), you would have thought the absolute worst of the wife and her family. That was my takeaway. I totally understand why the wife is being silent with the media now. I’m assuming the family was split right down the middle with a huge fireball. That stinks, especially if there’s any grandchildren.

What would the motive be for her and/or her family to catch up with him, after he walked off on foot, to kill him?

IMO

IMO, the wife was po’d, maybe even embarrassed, that her husband walked off on foot. Asking a stupid question about a death certificate to LE, hardly paints her as a murderer or her participation in foul play against Chance. Apparently she even told his new company not to hold his job for him. Again, I see anger and maybe in that moment, she didn’t care about him at all. It was a crappy thing to do. IMO

I listened to The Vanished podcast on this case. I’m happy the wife trusted the show to give her side of the story. Otherwise, if you would have just listened to Chance’s mom (as an example), you would have thought the absolute worst of the wife and her family. That was my takeaway. I totally understand why the wife is being silent with the media now. I’m assuming the family was split right down the middle with a huge fireball. That stinks, especially if there’s any grandchildren.

What would the motive be for her and/or her family to catch up with him, after he walked off on foot, to kill him?

IMO
I honestly don't think that they meant to kill him. I think some one or two of them went out to look for him to give him a ride home and tempers flared again and the fight resumed because they had been drinking all afternoon. He was killed and his body hidden and some folks know where and how it happened. They are being protected through silence. Wonder when someone will break that silence. MOO MOO MOO

I was so excited about the new possible leads on Chance's case. Now I'm pretty disappointed, because apparently it's all info from a "multidimensional internationally recognized psychic medium and remove viewer". Not promising :/
MOO.

I was so excited about the new possible leads on Chance's case. Now I'm pretty disappointed, because apparently it's all info from a "multidimensional internationally recognized psychic medium and remove viewer". Not promising :/
MOO.
I was under the impression that in addition to the drawings created by the psychic medium, that the tip line was blowing up and there was actual traction on the case.

YES THIS. I'm sorry but the wife having him declared dead just after he went missing never sat right with me.

Nobody, including a spouse, can have anyone "declared dead" just after they go missing.
Just remember that SS survivor benefits for a child do not start until the adult with SS dies.
The wife had a newborn and was left with no income, a mortgage payment and car payments IIRC.

I followed this case here and on other sites for several months after CE's disappearance.
Here is my 'Occam's razor' take on what happened.

CE and BIL + FIL spent the day golfing and drinking.
CE was angered about something that was said and called his wife to come and pick him up.
CE was picked up by his wife and CE told his wife they were leaving immediately and going back home.
Wife went into her grandparent's house to pack up their things .
CE took off walking.
A severe storm with flash flooding occurred.
It is highly likely that CE was swept off his feet and carried into the river.
It is highly likely his body has not been found due to it being wedged under debris downstream.
A sad story which has been made even sadder by the unfortunate and baseless speculation of some.
JMO.

IMO

BBM

There was no motive for the wife's family to kill CE:
1) No life insurance on him.
2) CE provided the income + health insurance for the family (just bought a new house, car + truck payments, wife was starting nursing school).
3) No Social Security survivor benefits for the baby or the wife because CE is "missing" not deceased.
JMO.

BBM

There was no motive for the wife's family to kill CE:
1) No life insurance on him.
2) CE provided the income + health insurance for the family (just bought a new house, car + truck payments, wife was starting nursing school).
3) No Social Security survivor benefits for the baby or the wife because CE is "missing" not deceased.
JMO.
I don't think there was an intent to harm him. I think they went out to find him and give him a ride back to the house so he and his wife could drive back to Moorcroft. I think tempers flared again and there was an altercation and he died. They panicked and hid him and are protecting each other in silence. MOO MOO MOO MOO

I may just be imagining this but I seem to recall reading that the argument was about what Chance earned. I seemed to get the impression they ribbed him about it, obviously they'd all been drinking so what could have been a fairly innocuous joke was taken to heart by Chance.

I followed this case here and on other sites for several months after CE's disappearance.
Here is my 'Occam's razor' take on what happened.

CE and BIL + FIL spent the day golfing and drinking.
CE was angered about something that was said and called his wife to come and pick him up.
CE was picked up by his wife and CE told his wife they were leaving immediately and going back home.
Wife went into her grandparent's house to pack up their things .
CE took off walking.
A severe storm with flash flooding occurred.
It is highly likely that CE was swept off his feet and carried into the river.
It is highly likely his body has not been found due to it being wedged under debris downstream.
A sad story which has been made even sadder by the unfortunate and baseless speculation of some.
JMO.

I don’t even pretend to be as knowledgeable of this case as many of you, but for some reason I feel the weather played a part in his disappearance. My mere opinion, but I think he walked off to blow off steam when a storm rolled in causing a flash flood. Chase got carried off somehow by the water & as you stated it’s quite possible his body is tangled or wedged under debris. I know that seems blunt; I apologize, but water is one of those things that I respect. It can get dangerous real quick & is very unforgiving.

Nobody, including a spouse, can have anyone "declared dead" just after they go missing.
Just remember that SS survivor benefits for a child do not start until the adult with SS dies.
The wife had a newborn and was left with no income, a mortgage payment and car payments IIRC.

You are correct, but apparently she didn't know that and she did try.

You are correct, but apparently she didn't know that and she did try.

After a certain amount of time she *knew* he was dead because she believed he would never leave his baby son.
I assume that she was hoping that she could apply for Social Security survivor benefits since she and the baby no longer had any income.
I've seen similar reactions in young widows with young children. They move quickly from grieving to a survival mode in order to financially and emotionally care for the child/children they will now be raising on their own.
JMO.

I don't think there was an intent to harm him. I think they went out to find him and give him a ride back to the house so he and his wife could drive back to Moorcroft. I think tempers flared again and there was an altercation and he died. They panicked and hid him and are protecting each other in silence. MOO MOO MOO MOO

OK, I'll buy in.
If this occurred there would certainly be cell phone calls between a number of people which would fit the timeline of the night of CE's disappearance.
Also, the cell phones would be located where CE's cell phone last *pinged* at the time of his disappearance.
Do you think LE has not looked at this?
JMO.

I could swear there was a poster on this board who lives in the area and said thats not the way the rain water works here. That is huge, if I am remembering correctly. Thats impossible where I live, too, so it made sense to me. If the water doesn't fill and run like that, then that theory can be tossed out.

I may just be imagining this but I seem to recall reading that the argument was about what Chance earned. I seemed to get the impression they ribbed him about it, obviously they'd all been drinking so what could have been a fairly innocuous joke was taken to heart by Chance.

I found a post on the first page of the thread that linked an article they explained how Chance had just lost his job, was expected to start a new one, possibly working 2 jobs or maybe even 3 if the mines opened back up.
So it is possible the argument was about Chance and earning enough money to provide for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway