Found Deceased NE - Craig Baxter, 28, North Platte, 4 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Departing from the area of South & 24th streets Craig could have headed north on 48th Street as mentioned, explaining the phone pinging near the University, and he would have gone that way to access interstate #80 towards Omaha which is 55 miles from his sisters neighborhood. Just an observation, about half way (30 miles) along the route the highway (#80) crosses Platte River at Eugene T Mahoney State Park.

:candle:

Where are you Craig?

Hope for a positive outcome on this, but got that niggling feeling in my gut.

I hope this does not turn out as it sounds (to me). Hoping he just wanted to back out of the posting and panicked.

Departing from the area of South & 24th streets Craig could have headed north on 48th Street as mentioned, explaining the phone pinging near the University, and he would have gone that way to access interstate #80 towards Omaha which is 55 miles from his sisters neighborhood. Just an observation, about half way (30 miles) along the route the highway (#80) crosses Platte River at Eugene T Mahoney State Park.

:candle:

Where are you Craig?

Here is a quick map of locations mentioned in the media. Craig Baxter missing from Lincoln NE - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.kdsu3HEeNUK4&usp=sharing

twitter hashtag: #findcraigbaxter

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_399dae43-a94e-572d-b79a-a2630861ae13.html #findcraigbaxter

568edebae6db7.image.jpg

As per comments in his Find Craig facebook page, there are concerns the family has that they are not expressing because they don't believe it would be helpful to the investigation. Which is true, really, knowing someone's personal struggles doesn't help you find that blue SUV he's driving.

Prayers he is found safe.

An aside, this is a typical scenario when young adults go missing. Family will often say "there's no way he would leave, he was just starting his dream job". But in fact, that's EXACTLY when people leave. On the verge of a new phase of their life.

Did he have a cash card, or cash on him? He would be needing money, gas, food, if he is just out there someplace, "getting away". I wonder if his family can track his accounts...he is kind of old to be on his parents' accounts but since he was a student, maybe they can?

According to the FB group, he had blankets and pillows(?) with him so they believe he could be sleeping out of his car. Here's hoping he's safe and is found soon (if he wants to be).

Local to me so I have been following closely. My issue w him living in his car is we are going to be in single and negative digits over the next several days. Blankets won't keep him warm in that long term, this could get very bad for him if that is in fact what he is doing. From some comments it appears he was/has struggled mentally so I hope he is in the right state of mind enough to realize these temps are too dangerous to sleep.
A man was found dead about a year ago after falling asleep in his vehicle in temps like this. I hope Craig makes it safely back to his family.
Also I came across an article w a woman saying she was nearly certain she saw Craig at a clinic close to the last ping asking for medical help, but the article doesn't say if staff confirmed anything. Wouldn't staff recognize him from all the local publicity?
This is so sad. I hope he returns, I can't imagine how his loved ones feel.

http://www.northplattebulletin.com/index.asp?show=news&action=readStory&storyID=31286&pageID=3

There hasn't been any license plate information released on the BMW X3 that I've been able to locate so far. Does it not have a tag, etc.? That would help the public, would it not?

:confused:
:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His license plate is Nebraska plate 15-B187

Oh dear, FB page has a message to stop search-await news.

If you just run a search of his name in posts on FB, it looks like he may have been found and wants to be left alone.... Guess time will tell.

So terribly sad. I'm interested to hear maybe some details, this is right in the middle of town. Wondering if it was his vehicle, I have a hard time believing it was, if he's been there for any length of time, and no one has noticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back