NE - Det. Kerrie Orozco, 29, fatally shot, Omaha, 20 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How horrible that this young Police Officer was killed, and now her newborn baby who was born premature, and was due to be taken home tomorrow will never feel her mother's touch, hear her mother's voice or see her mother's face. How tragic for her family and the Omaha LE community. Prayers for her family and loved ones.

RIP Officer Kerrie Orozco.

I'm glad the **** is dead. He won't be able to kill anyone else, and shouldn't have been on the streets to kill Off. Kerrie Orozco in the first place.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/oma...4cc-ff1b-11e4-913c-a7885fa50422.html?mode=jqm

"Orozco was sworn in as an Omaha police officer in May 2008 in a class of 36. The former Kerrie Holtz married Hector Orozco Lopez in April 2011.

Kerrie Orozco had two stepchildren, 8-year-old N. and a stepson, S., who is 6. Kerrie had a newborn baby who was born Feb. 17, Olivia Ruth. She was set to be released Thursday from the neonatal intensive care unit at the Nebraska Medical Center."

Tomorrow should have been a day of celebration for this family. Their precious baby girl is finally coming home. Mom should be starting her maternity leave. Instead the family has to plan her funeral. Their lives are forever changed, all because of a criminal with a gun. How overwhelmingly sad this all is.
It's just so tragic and sad.

Even beyond the tragedy of her death, this reignites my fury over the piss poor maternity leave we have in the US. A mother (or father!!!!) shouldn't have to defer her maternity leave because her child was born premature. She should be able to stay with her child in the hospital without risking her job.

This whole thing is horrible.

Lately it seems as if these things never bother with the judicial system. Criminals shooting cops to avoid some BS warrant. Cops using undue force and killing suspects without due process.

I imagine a judge sitting behind the bench, looking forlorn like the Maytag repairman.

MY OPINION.

Bbm. The "BS warrant" Officer Orozco was serving was for a shooting in Sept. 2014. It may be BS to you, but it wasn't BS to the family of the person Wheeler was suspected of shooting.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/thi...4cc-ff1b-11e4-913c-a7885fa50422.html?mode=jqm

As a brand new mommy, I doubt Officer Orozco was looking to play Dirty Harry.

On the positive side, there are no signs of civil unrest in Omaha resulting from the shootings.

omg my heart is breaking........not another one :(

bless this officer's family as they look for answers that just won't be coming......bless this husband and her two step-children and look over her infant daughter as they all stumble through the next few days listening for her voice, wondering where their stability went and what happened to their world........

i'll have to check in on this thread later......i'm just overcome with grief right now......bless them all, sending all my prayers......

:rose: officer kerrie orozco, rest in peace, with honor
:rose: strength to those that love her

thank you ma'am, for your service :rose:

I feel so "backed up". Like I can't separate myself from these people I don't even know. Sorry to "drag" another thread in here, but the Hattiesburg, MS police killings also just threw me for a loop. And those were on Mother's Day. I wish I could remain apart from such awful doings. I want to be objective.

But imagining these babies without their mothers or fathers; these mothers and fathers greiving their child; these communities of LE and these communities affected by crime and the LE response to crime.

They are all hurt in different ways and as Americans, we should be above this. No more new mommas being gunned down. No more "rough rides" or planting tasers.

If the murders of this officer and the two young officers in MS and the deaths in Charleston and Baltimore teach us anything, let it be that we are all human, all fallible and that all of our lives are precious to those whom we love. Everyone was someone's loved one.

I can't quit seing the baby faces of officers Tate and Deen. And now this brand new momma. And Freddie Gray and his loved ones. Why do we live like this? Why aren't we better?

Bbm. The "BS warrant" Officer Orozco was serving was for a shooting in Sept. 2014. It may be BS to you, but it wasn't BS to the family of the person Wheeler was suspected of shooting.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/thi...4cc-ff1b-11e4-913c-a7885fa50422.html?mode=jqm

RSBM
Emphasis mine

So heartbreaking. I for one will not shed any tears over the death of a perp who guns down an officer merely serving a warrant.
Disgusting piece of s____t garbage !

Murdered on cold blood just before she was to start maternity leave. :(

Forgot if it was on CNN, and if needed I will try to look it up --- but there was a short video on a summer camp for kids who have lost parents who were in law enforcement. The hardest testimony came from a young girl about 7 or so, who described the death of her father by saying ( and I'll paraphrase) , "...there were two bad guys behind my dad and one of them shot him (her father) before he could get his gun...." This is how a child perceived it , as "bad guys" .:(
Made me so angry to think about people who rob children's parents from them.
Criminals also do this to their own children --- either by getting incarcerated for most--or the rest of their lives, or by getting themselves killed because they wanted to have a shootout with le.

SICK OF IT , and sick of perps who either shoot law enforcement officers or lie about how the cops treated them. (Mike Browns' buddy Dorian)

It's hard to believe the level of self control le needs to be able to do their jobs when they face risks like this on a daily basis.
I think we need to start getting 100% tougher on perps who shoot others, and not a slap on the wrist and then let out of jail. This Wheeler should have still been locked up. :jail:

And I don't want to hear from Wheelers' family about what a nice , gentle person he was. At least the taxpayers won't have to support him for the rest of his life !!
:moo:

Rest in gentle peace, Ofcr. Orozco. My condolences to your loved ones and may god watch over your little girl !

Oh dear God she died.

I knew that she was wounded badly, but I thought at least she had a chance.
I was on the board right about when first reports were beginning to come in.

What about her newborn baby to be released tomorrow?
Her family, her stepchildren, all of those that she loved and they loved her too?

Rest in peace Officer Kerrie Orozco :rose:

The last time I cried over a case was the Caylee Anthony case.

I don't know what else to say.

After reading about this lovely young officer I realized something...it may sound corny but it's how I feel.

Sometimes I think that on this earth there are angels disguised as human beings. I think that officer Orozco was one of those angels.
She was even involved in rescuing animals...

I am astounded at a couple of the posts on this thread. ( I'm only able to see them if another member quotes the poster.)

I don't understand what is going on here anymore? We are talking about a human being getting shot and killed in the line of duty.

Have some respect for this fallen officer and take your agenda elsewhere. My God in heaven, it sickening that I had to type that.

The sheer cruelty is astonishing. I think that it's part of the reason why this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

RIP angel in disguise Officer Kerrie Orozco. :candle:

After reading about this lovely young officer I realized something...it may sound corny but it's how I feel.

Sometimes I think that on this earth there are angels disguised as human beings. I think that officer Orozco was one of those angels.

I am astounded at a couple of the posts on this thread. ( I'm only able to see them if another member quotes the poster.)

I don't understand what is going on here anymore? We are talking about a human being getting shot and killed in the line of duty.

Have some respect for this fallen officer and take your agenda elsewhere. My God in heaven, it sickening that I had to type that.

The sheer cruelty is astonishing. I think that it's part of the reason why this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

She sounds like she was truly one of the best of the best. Her loss is an incomprehensible tragedy for her family, but it's also a major loss for her police department and community. The world is a poorer place now.

Thanks button wasn't enough, Wysteria. :loveyou: No matter how much you resent the police, she was shot FIRST. Does that not qualify her as a victim? As far as the "BS warrant," don't warrants have to be issued by a judge? So there goes the argument about due process somehow being circumvented by an overzealous cop. She did everything by the book and died for it.

I can't stop thinking about this today. This officer had to be elated, knowing her baby was coming home, waiting to spend her maternity leave with her precious little one. It should be such a blessed day for the family. To think all of that was taken away by some with a gun.
There have to be better ways to protect our police officers!

http://m.ketv.com/news/omaha-officer-killed-in-shooting-near-30th-and-martin/33127572

I think this is the most current article. They just had a live press conference. My heart is absolutely broken. For some reason knowing the suspect fired first makes me feel better, knowing that people are going to have to drop the "police brutality card." The police chief has said his officers actions were justified. Doesn't make the fact that she's gone any easier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant by "BS warrant" that NOTHING in that warrant was equal to a person's life.

In other words, what kind of monster thinks killing an officer to avoid a sentence is a good idea? The warrant was total BS compared to this woman's life. They two aren't even close.

I might kill another person to save my child's life if that person were trying to kill her. I get that. But killing a cop to avoid going to jail? Total BS.

I will say this: people on this forum will jump on posts and twist what you say and repost it over and over and try to villify you. Why are there so many dadgum bullies on here?

I said nothing but supportive and respectful things regarding the awful murder of this officer and yet my words are being twisted as somehow anti-LE.

Is it really that hard to not jump people's ***** and go on some tirade? Really?

Not directed at you, but at all posters who are being reactive without reading or understanding.

I just cannot imagine this families grief. The children probably were so excited at school today. Telling all their friends and teachers about how their baby sister is coming home tomorrow. Had the suspect survived, I don't think that it would phase him what bit what he did to this family.
My heart aches for her family, and her law enforcement family.

I just cannot imagine this families grief. The children probably were so excited at school today. Telling all their friends and teachers about how their baby sister is coming home tomorrow. Had the suspect survived, I don't think that it would phase him what bit what he did to this family.
My heart aches for her family, and her law enforcement family.

Those thoughts were what kept my heart sick over the Hattiesburg officers that were murdered. I just kept thinking about their families and the unimaginable grief.

And now this young woman with a beautiful family.

I wish all the guns and hate would just go away. Too many good people with so much to live for shot to death.

Those poor babies. It will never be okay for them. Never.

What a tragic loss.

A brand new mama, an animal rescuer, a mentor to children, and a brave officer working just one more day to make the community she serves a safer place for all before taking a leave to spend time with her new baby... I just can't. This is devastating news.

My heart breaks for her family and friends. Rest in peace Officer Orozco. :rose:

If there are any other Omaha peeps on here OPD is asking that those who support officer Orozco wear blue tomorrow. :blue:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back