NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the above info on a crime site, can't recall which one but it seems to me the most likely scenario. Hopefully a full look at all the sex offenders, including one across the street, was made.
Guessing that the type of people sex offenders associate with, might not be quality human beings, just wondering if a guest of one, might have been leaving the home, spotted Jason and scooped him up?
Even if such a person was not at the home of any of the other s/o in the area at that time, they may have noticed Jason at a previous time, inquired about him, then waited for the opportunity to circle the neighbourhood and get him.
speculation, imo.

Guessing that the type of people sex offenders associate with, might not be quality human beings, just wondering if a guest of one, might have been leaving the home, spotted Jason and scooped him up? .

Kind of difficult to "scoop up" a 6 foot tall young man.

There may have been sex offenders in the area, but it's kind of a blanket term. What was their victimology?

People like Jason don't just get randomly nabbed off the street in broad daylight. Not unless they're involved in some shady activity.

I believe it had to be someone he knew.

Kind of difficult to "scoop up" a 6 foot tall young man.

There may have been sex offenders in the area, but it's kind of a blanket term. What was their victimology?

People like Jason don't just get randomly nabbed off the street in broad daylight. Not unless they're involved in some shady activity.

I believe it had to be someone he knew.
True, did not mean that Jason was literally scooped up, but rather, conned, sweet talked ect. in to getting into somebody's vehicle.
Not wanting to offend anyone, but wondering how well JJ knew others from his church - they would be familiar with him considering he had given a sermon.
Many of the missing person cases have an element of mystery to them, but this one rates right up there.
imo, speculation.

Guessing that the type of people sex offenders associate with, might not be quality human beings, just wondering if a guest of one, might have been leaving the home, spotted Jason and scooped him up?
Even if such a person was not at the home of any of the other s/o in the area at that time, they may have noticed Jason at a previous time, inquired about him, then waited for the opportunity to circle the neighbourhood and get him.
speculation, imo.
yes, or one of the SO residents themselves lured him in, and drove off with him. Or someone offered him a ride. And Jason seemed like such a nice guy, he may've gone with the person unfortunately. Just a thought.

The more I think about it, the more I agree that it would make sense if Jason had a planned intermediate stop that he didn’t tell anyone about.

If someone (friend or stranger) pulled over and unexpectedly offered him a ride and he accepted, his likely response would have been something along the lines of “thanks! I’m meeting a co-worker in front of Benson High.” It’s hard to imagine a scenario where an unexpected driver head to some place other than Benson and J. willingly goes into another building without becoming suspicious. It seems slightly more plausible to me that someone could have lured him into a house at random with a question like, “hey, could you help me roll my trash cans into my garage?,” but it seems risky in the middle of the day when other people might have seen/heard it.

But both scenarios would have been less noticeable if Jason willingly got into a car that he was expecting to take him to an intermediate destination, or if he approached a house that he had planned to stop at. I don’t have any evidence for it, but it just seems more likely to me than him randomly running into a John Wayne Gacy type who decides “now’s chance.”

Rural farmland is my guess. I happen to know from research that there are at least a few people near Jason that owned farmland (or a family farm), something that I'm guessing is not too uncommon in Nebraska; especially if it's owned by the older generation. My top theory (unless proven otherwise) is that someone nearby lured him into home or car, harmed him, drove his body out to ye old rural farm and buried him. I don't believe that Jason is anywhere near Omaha, or at the very least that he is anywhere near his block. Less of a chance of someone finding anything if the victim is buried on your own property out in the middle of nowhere. Also would have the luxury of time- burying a grown man must take a lot of it. Usually when victims' bodies are found, they're in shallow graves in the woods. However, on one's own private land, it can be much more thorough. Then the perp can drive back to Omaha, maybe offer their home to be searched, join the search party and play dumb. Obviously there is nothing concrete there, but seeing how there's nothing else to go off of, it's as good as anything I suppose.

As it turns out, his mom has said in a podcast there are a few sex offenders in their area, and one across the street! He and I assume others were checked out but no evidence found. Of course, that doesn't mean one of them wasn't involved.

Jason Jolkowski: The Cubs Fan Who Didn't Come Home | Free Podcasts | Podomatic" apparently podcast featuring his mom: In an interview in 2016 with Kelly, Jason’s mother, she likewise revealed that the investigation have been working on this angle, as well.

Here follows some of the details she revealed about the investigation:

She said that during the time of Jason’s disappearence, there were a number of registered sex offenders residing within and around their neighborhood area, and one of those offenders lived just across their street. This person was of interest and investigated, and his house was also searched, but nothing was found tying him to the disappearence.

I just listened to the podcast again. The sex offender Kelly is referring to wasn't actually across the stree from them , but rather across the street from the park where Jason would have passed, but the opposite direction from the school. The searching of a neighbor's house is secondhand information I saw once on another forum, posted by someone who supposedly had talked to Kelly. However, I haven't seen any proof of that.
From what I've seen on his neighbors, many of them seem to have been elderly. There was one guy on his immediate block who was living alone at the time (divorced) and does seem kind of 'off' from what I've seen on his FB-- but that does not necessarily mean he is a suspect.

Jason's case is so baffling because he was a very low-risk victim. As far as we know, Jason was not into drugs, gangs or any other unlawful behaviour, and his victimology doesn't have the same risk factors as a young woman or child. On the face of it, we have an amiable, squeaky clean young man with no known enemies.

I don't think Jason disappeared voluntarily and I don't see much scope for an accident, so foul play most likely occurred. Low-risk victims are frequently murdered by someone known to them, be it a family member, friend or lover.

I agree.
It doesn't appear to be a family member.
It seems that if he met with foul play by someone known to him, this person would be someone within walking distance a few minutes from his house and a few minutes to the HS parking lot.
It would be someone that the investigators ruled out or didn't suspect or investigate at the time of his disappearance.
Just my opinion.

I was reading up a little on the Jonelle Matthews case, given that POI Steven Pankey was just recently indicted. Interesting to note that he was a youth pastor at the church that Jonelle's family attended. Given Jason's involvement with his, this definitely makes me still think the church could be worth looking into. Can't ignore that the priest there left by 2002/2003. Could be coincidental, but still kind of interesting.

Prepared to get pushback on this, but I actually think I'm going to amend my thinking to go with Jason committed suicide. I sorta feel he had a plan, it got disrupted by Fazoli's calling, so he blew off his coworker by having her meet elsewhere, then went off and did his act. For anyone saying that he wouldnt do this with a ride waiting for him, sometimes it's easier to think "not going to be my problem soon" than it is to tell someone no when they ask for a favor. Especially someone who may be socially awkward. I think he grabbed his Fazoli's shirt to not alert his brother (he wasn't wearing it) , went out, ditched the shirt and killed himself. Maybe the river? Around Omaha there are also places of thick brush or even further out there is remote farmland. I think his body is somehow being blocked from view . People can't narrow in a proper suspect because maybe there isn't one? If the window of time is so small and things had to line up so perfectly for whatever happened to happen, then maybe Jason alone is responsible for his disappearance

Prepared to get pushback on this, but I actually think I'm going to amend my thinking to go with Jason committed suicide. I sorta feel he had a plan, it got disrupted by Fazoli's calling, so he blew off his coworker by having her meet elsewhere, then went off and did his act. For anyone saying that he wouldnt do this with a ride waiting for him, sometimes it's easier to think "not going to be my problem soon" than it is to tell someone no when they ask for a favor. Especially someone who may be socially awkward. I think he grabbed his Fazoli's shirt to not alert his brother (he wasn't wearing it) , went out, ditched the shirt and killed himself. Maybe the river? Around Omaha there are also places of thick brush or even further out there is remote farmland. I think his body is somehow being blocked from view . People can't narrow in a proper suspect because maybe there isn't one? If the window of time is so small and things had to line up so perfectly for whatever happened to happen, then maybe Jason alone is responsible for his disappearance

Not sure I believe it myself , but it’s an interesting theory that deserves consideration. Assuming for a moment that the scenario is true, it’s possible that he somehow believed ditching the Fazoli’s co-worker would hasten discovery of his body. Alternatively, it’s possible that he chose a deliberately obscure location to avoid upsetting his devout Catholic family.

There are two holes I can see in the scenario: (1) How did he get from his neighborhood to whatever site he chose? I don’t know Omaha geography terribly well, but it doesn’t seem like he was near the kind of open space you describe. (2) what was his method? Without being o rely graphic, the vast majority of methods I can think of would leave behind evidence of some kind.

Not sure I believe it myself , but it’s an interesting theory that deserves consideration. Assuming for a moment that the scenario is true, it’s possible that he somehow believed ditching the Fazoli’s co-worker would hasten discovery of his body. Alternatively, it’s possible that he chose a deliberately obscure location to avoid upsetting his devout Catholic family.

There are two holes I can see in the scenario: (1) How did he get from his neighborhood to whatever site he chose? I don’t know Omaha geography terribly well, but it doesn’t seem like he was near the kind of open space you describe. (2) what was his method? Without being o rely graphic, the vast majority of methods I can think of would leave behind evidence of some kind.

Jason liked to walk (according to his mother) so maybe he walked to whatever spot? If he wasn't planning on meeting by 11 am anyway, then he wasn't really under a time constraint. Just as one example, there's a thick brush of trees next to Adams Park, which is only a mile away from his home. As for how, who knows. Maybe he took a knife with him and cut his wrist, maybe he used his Fazoli's shirt to strangle himself. Like you said, he has devout parents and maybe didn't want to shame them. I'm not saying the theory is bulletproof obviously, but given that this was an unusual victim, during an unusual time of day, under unusual schedule changes, I think it's an idea that gets passed over too quickly.

Jason liked to walk (according to his mother) so maybe he walked to whatever spot? If he wasn't planning on meeting by 11 am anyway, then he wasn't really under a time constraint. Just as one example, there's a thick brush of trees next to Adams Park, which is only a mile away from his home. As for how, who knows. Maybe he took a knife with him and cut his wrist, maybe he used his Fazoli's shirt to strangle himself. Like you said, he has devout parents and maybe didn't want to shame them. I'm not saying the theory is bulletproof obviously, but given that this was an unusual victim, during an unusual time of day, under unusual schedule changes, I think it's an idea that gets passed over too quickly.
Honestly, I'd put this above both the 'hit by car/ body hidden' and 'sucessfully ran away to start a new life' theories. The only place that seems to really be able to conceal a body would be the Fontenelle Forest, but that's a 10 mile walk according to Google Maps. Still gotta go with foul play though

Hi I've caught up now. Can someone clarify please...on thread #1 on post 38 by Kelly it says Jason's younger brother saw Jason hauling trash cans to the kerb. Two things strike me - one was I've also read the opposite in these threads - that Jason saw his brother moving the trash and went to help. Which is correct? Also Supposing Jason did pull the trash to the curb, what time was the trash lorry due to visit there?

Hi I've caught up now. Can someone clarify please...on thread #1 on post 38 by Kelly it says Jason's younger brother saw Jason hauling trash cans to the kerb. Two things strike me - one was I've also read the opposite in these threads - that Jason saw his brother moving the trash and went to help. Which is correct? Also Supposing Jason did pull the trash to the curb, what time was the trash lorry due to visit there?
There's different reports about where his brother was exactly, but when his parents were on the Montell Williams show talking about the case, his mom mentions that Michael heard a noise outside and looked out the window to see Jason bringing in the trash cans. I take that one as the actual happening. It would make sense too because if he quickly looked out the window and then went away, it could explain how he didn't potentially see something that might have happened nearby. The garbage truck had already come by and emptied the bins, so he was actually bringing the can back IN the garage.

There's different reports about where his brother was exactly, but when his parents were on the Montell Williams show talking about the case, his mom mentions that Michael heard a noise outside and looked out the window to see Jason bringing in the trash cans. I take that one as the actual happening. It would make sense too because if he quickly looked out the window and then went away, it could explain how he didn't potentially see something that might have happened nearby. The garbage truck had already come by and emptied the bins, so he was actually bringing the can back IN the garage.

Thank you. That is very helpful.

An accident or suicide cannot be ruled out, simply because there is no evidence of anything. Jason literally upped and vanished without a trace. However, I think suicide is unlikely, as the circumstances do not support it, and I feel he would've been found by now. Similarly, there wasn't much scope for an accident on a short walk down the street to the high-school. Jason was a low-risk victim, so it would be unusual for him to be abducted or murdered but that's why there aren't many cases like this.

This is my first post in over a year.

It might be helpful in the search for insights to review the events of June 13, 2001.

To the best of my memory on this case:

Jason has the day off and is at home with his younger brother.
Jason is called into work. His car is in the shop so he needs a ride. Instead of giving complicated instructions to his house someone suggests just meeting at his old high school.
Jason takes a shower and gets ready for work.
Jason takes the garbage cans in.
Jason walks towards the the school.
The co-worker arrives at the school and does not find Jason.
Jolkowski's mother is called at work some hours later and asked if she has heard from Jason. She is surprised and wonders why she would have heard from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste