NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I said one of the four scenarios must have happened.

I was going to elaborate on how a possible stalker could have kidnapped Jason, but this hypothetical person must have been sitting outside his house for some time - possibly hours - waiting for an opportunity. This would certainly have been noticed by the neighbors.

Understood. I was just elaborating on each possible scenario. Obviously only one occurred.

Yes, I doubt a stalker was waiting outside his house & saw him leave. His walking to the H.S. was unplanned. And, I agree neighbors would almost certainly have noticed a strange car sitting outside his house for anything other than a short period of time (that is, if the stalker didn't already live on that street). And, a pedestrian standing around for any length of time would have been way too obvious.

Last edited:
Do you know anything about the guy who lived across the street from you that committed suicide? Was his corner house one street up from Jason's?
Yes. His house was on the corner, across the street from mine. He always seemed friendly. He had a plow on his truck one year and pushed off my driveway. When his GF left, is when he killed himself. Like other news in the neighborhood, I didn't here about it right away. I don't remember if he owned or rented that house. There were three different families in there during the time I lived there.

We had a broad daylight puppy abduction about a mile South of Benson High last week. It got me thinking about how life was before security cameras were everywhere. The neighbor across the street had a pretty good system and caught the whole thing, and the dog (German Shepard) was mysteriously returned after the airing on the News.

How times have changed in 22 years. Cameras, social media, without those, I doubt they would have solved this case.

I know its a dog, and I know it wasn't over six feet tall, but it demonstrates how fast something can vanish.

We had a broad daylight puppy abduction about a mile South of Benson High last week. It got me thinking about how life was before security cameras were everywhere. The neighbor across the street had a pretty good system and caught the whole thing, and the dog (German Shepard) was mysteriously returned after the airing on the News.

How times have changed in 22 years. Cameras, social media, without those, I doubt they would have solved this case.

I know its a dog, and I know it wasn't over six feet tall, but it demonstrates how fast something can vanish.
Thief was lucky it was only a puppy. Personally I'd rather take my chances kidnapping a 6'1 grown man rather than a grown German Shepherd

Do we know how long his car was in the shop at that point?

I recall searching some time ago for the date of the hailstorm which damaged his car. I attempted to search my old posts for anything about it, but the site wasn't in the mood to load anything.

It is working now and I found my post from October 11, 2017.

Interesting.

According to Weather Underground, there was little precipitation in the three weeks prior to his disappearance. Hail typically forms during a thunderstorm. The only day with significant rainfall in the three weeks before his disappearance was May 30, 2001. That must have been the day of the hail damage.

I wonder what day he took it into the shop and how long he was expecting his car to be out.

It is working now and I found my post from October 11, 2017.
It's possible that his car was damaged in May but he waited until June to get it fixed. Perhaps he waited until he had some more money.Not sure how long it had been in the shop but probably at least a couple days. If Jason had been working while the car was in the shop, then his dad likely drove him to and from work seeing as he normally started at 5:30 pm and his dad was home by then. That Wednesday was presumably the first/only time he was on foot while his car was being repaired.

There was actually two storms, but this was the big one:

May 13, 2001 It totaled my Pathfinder, and I got a Mazda Pickup that I had a minor claim on later that spring/summer.

JJ drove a Honda. I don't remember the make or year. He probably only had liability on it like most college kids. When Jim got it back from the shop, he would not sell it. It could still be in his garage for all I know, maybe it went to the brother.

Not to de-rail the thread too much, but hail storms can really mess up your car. About 11+ years ago in the late Spring-time, I was driving home from somewhere & a lot of cars around me at a stop-light had the back windows broken out/shattered - it looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to them. But, a lot of cars had the same/similar damage.

Driving further, I saw cars on the side of the road that looked like they had been in serious accidents - with smoke coming out of the engine, etc. There was evidence of small pieces of ice, etc. near the cars in some areas.

As it turned out, I had just missed a serious, unexpected/freak hail-storm that had done serious damage to a lot of cars in one specific area.

Last edited:
There was actually two storms, but this was the big one:

May 13, 2001 It totaled my Pathfinder, and I got a Mazda Pickup that I had a minor claim on later that spring/summer.

JJ drove a Honda. I don't remember the make or year. He probably only had liability on it like most college kids. When Jim got it back from the shop, he would not sell it. It could still be in his garage for all I know, maybe it went to the brother.

That means the hailstorm which caused him to be without his car that day occurred exactly a month before his disappearance. It may not tell us anything about what happened, but it is eerie.

We currently have two missing teens in Omaha. Both went missing within days of each other, and within 12 blocks of each other.

Trent Tiemeyer - Log into Facebook
https://www..com/f/please-help-find-trent-tiemeyer-reward
It's weird that this one is not on the news.

Bishop Vinsonhaler - OPD is asking for help finding missing teen

There have been some others, but they seem to have been runaways. These two have disappeared without a clue.

It does seem to me that these two young men are named as missing in MSM (see link). Therefore they can have their own threads here. I'll try to take a look into creating threads, if needed, tomorrow.
Great find! I thought my Googling skills were better than that. I don't know why this has been kept out of the news, other than our local FOX station. The town is obsessed with a 40 year-old missing woman, who's BF fled to Belize. (Sad story in it's own right, but the police have clues)

At first I thought one of these boys went to Boystown, but 132 & Dodge is under the jurisdiction of Boystown, NE. (Boystown, used to be its own town, but Omaha grew out around it.) Meaning if they want to search South of Dodge Street from 132nd to 144th Street, they need to cooperate with Boystown Police.

We currently have two missing teens in Omaha. Both went missing within days of each other, and within 12 blocks of each other.

Trent Tiemeyer - Log into Facebook
It's weird that this one is not on the news.

Bishop Vinsonhaler - OPD is asking for help finding missing teen

There have been some others, but they seem to have been runaways. These two have disappeared without a clue.
According to the map, yes they both went missing in same area.Looks to be about 20 min. drive from Burke to Benson high school, just out of interest.

Great find! I thought my Googling skills were better than that. I don't know why this has been kept out of the news, other than our local FOX station. The town is obsessed with a 40 year-old missing woman, who's BF fled to Belize. (Sad story in it's own right, but the police have clues)

At first I thought one of these boys went to Boystown, but 132 & Dodge is under the jurisdiction of Boystown, NE. (Boystown, used to be its own town, but Omaha grew out around it.) Meaning if they want to search South of Dodge Street from 132nd to 144th Street, they need to cooperate with Boystown Police.
I don't know much of anything about Boystown, being north of your border but will look it up just to see. On another note, I rewrote to one of the contacts in JJ's case about the longtime unidentified skull in nearby Ashland in the park creek, will write again if no response. But I was interested to read in one past account of JJ's disappearance that there had been a sighting (supposedly of him) near Ashland in the park there in early days. I don't think it was actually him, but just startled me after researching about the skull. ;)

But I was interested to read in one past account of JJ's disappearance that there had been a sighting (supposedly of him) near Ashland in the park there in early days.
I worked with JJ's uncle at SITEL. Ken had a son that went to UNL in Lincoln, and Ashland is halfway between the two cities. That boy looked a lot like Jason and they think maybe it was him. He had been at Mahoney State Park just outside of Ashland.

I worked with JJ's uncle at SITEL. Ken had a son that went to UNL in Lincoln, and Ashland is halfway between the two cities. That boy looked a lot like Jason and they think maybe it was him. He had been at Mahoney State Park just outside of Ashland.
Ah!!! Ok, that explains things! Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

A mentally unstable person or meth user could have been parked along his route. He could have felt threatened when Jason walked by and demanded he enter the car. He could have threatened to use a weapon - real or not - and Jason entered the car. The driver drove off.

This theory fits neatly with Ockham's razor and does not require any conspiracy theories, loud accidents, set-ups, stalkers, or unconfirmed lovers.

A mentally unstable person or meth user could have been parked along his route. He could have felt threatened when Jason walked by and demanded he enter the car. He could have threatened to use a weapon - real or not - and Jason entered the car. The driver drove off.

Re: this case, almost anything is possible. However, re: the scenario above the only way I see JJ getting into a car under these circumstances is if the perp. brandished a gun that JJ could see. I.e., if you're minding your own business & just walking along, and someone crazy unexpectedly demands you enter their car & threatens a weapon they don't have - it's extremely unlikely that 99.9% of us would do so. If no gun was shown, JJ had a lot of options. He could have:

1) Continued walking faster in the hopes that the perp. wouldn't follow him.
2) Run like hell to get away from the perp., which could easily include running through people's yards & into their backyards, etc. - to get away from the street. JJ was 19 & seemed to be in reasonably good shape. So, I can easily see him shaking this alleged perp.
3) Gone to a neighboring house & requested that the neighbor call the police (if they opened the door), etc.

Note again that JJ vanished in broad daylight while walking through a suburban neighborhood, not @ 1:00am on a deserted city street.

Last edited:
Re: this case, almost anything is possible. However, re: the scenario above the only way I see JJ getting into a car under these circumstances is if the perp. brandished a gun that JJ could see. I.e., if you're minding your own business & just walking along, and someone crazy unexpectedly demands you enter their car & threatens a weapon they don't have - it's extremely unlikely that 99.9% of us would do so. If no gun was shown, JJ had a lot of options. He could have:

1) Continued walking faster in the hopes that the perp. wouldn't follow him.
2) Run like hell to get away from the perp., which could easily include running through people's yards & into their backyards, etc. - to get away from the street. JJ was 19 & seemed to be in reasonably good shape. So, I can easily see him shaking this alleged perp.
3) Gone to a neighboring house & requested that the neighbor call the police (if they opened the door), etc.

Note again that JJ vanished in broad daylight while walking through a suburban neighborhood, not @ 1:00am on a deserted city street.

Fair enough. It wouldn't be surprising for someone with a history of paranoia and/or drug use to have a gun with them in their car. Going with your analysis, all it would take is such a person driving up to Jason, rolling down the window, showing the weapon and telling him to get in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back