NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, to me this is exactly where theories like this unravel. Remember, Jason had a very clear, specific purpose in walking to the high school at that moment, and looking at it from his perspective, his agenda didn't leave any margin for error. He was due to meet the co-worker at the school at 11:15 AM, and he left his house sometime after 10:45. So it's hard to understand why/how he would get distracted from this very definite course by getting into somebody else's car. He would have known he was pushing it, time-wise. To make this work at this point, I assume most people imagine that this unknown driver agreed that he himself would give Jason a ride to Fazzoli's (of course this doesn't resolve anything about why he would flake out on the ride from the original co-worker). But it just gets more bizarre when you try to add in some new detour—like the unknown driver getting Jason to go inside a house or whatever—because it's just adding more time onto the clock, and making Jason later and later for work. Wouldn't anybody in such a situation respond: "no, buddy, I can't go over to your house and help you mount the t.v. on the wall, because, like I told you, I'm running late for work." So this is the general reason I tend to assume that, within this hypothetical scenario, something happened to Jason more-or-less immediately after he got into the car.

[Posted this once then deleted it to fix formatting, then re-posted]

I don't think this scenario is quite as implausible as you make out.

We've heard that apparently Jason was a good-natured, trusting young man and depending on how impressionable he was, and the kind of relationship he had with this hypothetical individual, he might have agreed to a quick detour to help them out. Jason was planning to start a new job next week anyway, so did it matter too much if he was a little late at Fazoli's?

Person offers Jason a ride to work, Jason consents, person has to stop at his house quickly to get something, invites Jason inside under false pretenses... and you know the rest. Compared to some of the theories posited in this thread, it's really not 'out there'.

It does make you wonder sometimes, doesn't it, Neesaki?

We've heard that apparently Jason was a good-natured, trusting young man and depending on how impressionable he was, and the kind of relationship he had with this hypothetical individual, he might have agreed to a quick detour to help them out. Jason was planning to start a new job next week anyway, so did it matter too much if he was a little late at Fazoli's?

Person offers Jason a ride to work, Jason consents, person has to stop at his house quickly to get something, invites Jason inside under false pretenses... and you know the rest. Compared to some of the theories posited in this thread, it's really not 'out there'.

RBBM for focus
I'm thinking something along those lines. Though the time frame in which this could happen is slim, it's probably the best scenario. I'm thinking it would also have to be someone Jason was acquainted with because Kelly said he was shy, so I'm not leaning toward a stranger.
I wonder if there were any former Fazoli employees that were recently let go that might have slipped under the radar?

After learning about this adult male from Jason's work that befriends young adult males, I really think he could be a possible POI. It's someone Jason would know and could be the "John Wayne Gacey" type that people in this thread were talking about. 10 Days is plenty of time for him to get rid of evidence and conjure an alibi

Wondering if there are any recordings/video of Jason rapping or DJ'ing on the radio show?

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-562589
He became a young man who loves his family, and despite his age, preferred to stay home more than most other activities. Despite his shy nature, he reveled in his job as a DJ for the local college station. He loves to walk, is an avid sports fan, and helping others was a regular part of his daily life.

“He never told us these things, but we found out from those who knew Jason that he took it upon himself to help a handicapped boy at school to get from class to class,” says Kelly. “He also sang a rap song in front of the whole school to help a friend get elected to the student council, even though he was shy and quiet. We saw for ourselves how you would literally run to open the door for elderly people, or help someone across the street.”

Thanks, Dot. I remember reading or hearing this somewhere.
Sounds like him stopping to help someone on his way to the school to catch his ride is a possibility.

https://youtu.be/YPkNyagD2UQ

8:45 onwards has a short clip from his radio show.

Thanks for that! Listening to JJ really made him " come alive " for me, he would have been an excellent DJ he should have been able to continue to live his dream.

Could his disappearance have been connected in some way with a fan, or come to the attention of others working in the music/ video entertainment business?
imo speculation.

Could his disappearance have been connected in some way with a fan, or come to the attention of others working in the music/ video entertainment business?
imo speculation.
I don't know to what extent of 'fans' he really had, much less ones that had any reason to get violent or obsessive with him. He only did the DJing I think once or twice a week for the college station. Not sure why someone would want to take out the college station DJ, but I suppose anything is possible

I don't know to what extent of 'fans' he really had, much less ones that had any reason to get violent or obsessive with him. He only did the DJing I think once or twice a week for the college station. Not sure why someone would want to take out the college station DJ, but I suppose anything is possible

Here is another cold case involving a college DJ, who was murdered after she was offered a bigger role at a radio station.
Other than someone previously throwing a rock at her car, there does not seem to be a motive or suspect in her murder. fwiw.
http://catalystnewspaper.com/news/cold-case-murder-outside-of-colorado-colleges-armstrong-hall/

[h=1]COLD CASE: Murder outside of Colorado College’s Armstrong Hall[/h]
Sandberg started volunteering at KRCC in the early 90s, working odd jobs at the radio station and “cobbling together a living,” said Jeff Bieri, the current program director at KRCC who worked with Sandberg for roughly a decade.

Slowly, she gained her footing at KRCC, becoming a part-time employee until the station’s operation manager passed away of cancer. She applied for the
Jocelyn Sandberg. Photo courtesy of Cris Stoddard.
job and got it.

Before long, Sandberg became a community voice, broadcasting to thousands in the region each day.

That's an interesting read, dotr. Personally I think Pring-Wilson in all likelihood did it and he just got off on technicalities.

I appreciate your push-back—you make a sound case for it not being an absurd theory (though I'm still only begrudgingly acknowledging that). I'd just want to make the point that, even if this scenario is feasible, it shouldn't be giving people that "case-closed," resolution-at-last kind of feeling. When there's a case this intriguing, I hate to see people "settle" on a resolution in their mind, and then cease to be interested in it anymore. To use an analogy, I'm surprised how many people have become absolutely certain that Maura Murray has been in the woods this whole time, right where she laid down and succumbed to hypothermia. And now the case has even become tedious and boring for them. So anyway I hope that doesn't happen in Jason's case.

I appreciate your push-back—you make a sound case for it not being an absurd theory (though I'm still only begrudgingly acknowledging that). I'd just want to make the point that, even if this scenario is feasible, it shouldn't be giving people that "case-closed," resolution-at-last kind of feeling. When there's a case this intriguing, I hate to see people "settle" on a resolution in their mind, and then cease to be interested in it anymore. To use an analogy, I'm surprised how many people have become absolutely certain that Maura Murray has been in the woods this whole time, right where she laid down and succumbed to hypothermia. And now the case has even become tedious and boring for them. So anyway I hope that doesn't happen in Jason's case.

Thanks for that! Listening to JJ really made him " come alive " for me, he would have been an excellent DJ he should have been able to continue to live his dream.

imo speculation.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Regarding the the theory of the man who invited the boys from Jason's previous work to his house, if he did it I'm very surprised there haven't been more victims.

Ekardh's suggested scenario about someone giving a false pretence of having to stop by their house for some errand and lures Jason inside, is absolutely a possibility, as that is a tactic that has been used before. I for example immediately came to remember the murder of teenager Daniel Morcombe, who was offered a ride after having missed the bus, but was in actuality taken to an abandoned house at a farm under the pretext that the driver, mr. Brett Cowan, just quickly had to tell his wife where he headed;
"Mr Cowan said he offered Daniel a lift to the Sunshine Plaza shopping centre, but instead drove the young teenager to an abandoned demountable house on a macadamia farm in the Glass House Mountains.
‘‘I knew this place had a workers quarters on it,’’ Mr Cowan told Fitzy. ‘‘I do know it was there, because I had been in there and had, had me man fun…

‘‘I went in the house and then came back and said [to Daniel], ‘the missus said do you want a drink before we go?’

‘‘He came inside and I went to pull his pants down. I panicked and I grabbed him.’’
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...confession-shown-in-court-20140227-33md8.html

However if a similar scenario to this happened in Jason's case, it must have been someone familiar with the surroundings, like someone who either lived nearby, or who at the least had regular access to some nearby place, as it would have been very difficult to make an excuse for any longer distance drive as Jason after all had a waiting meet-up just fairly nearby, and a longer drive would undoubtedly have raised suspicion.
Of course this only applies to the actual luring-away-to-some-place scenario, and not to a scenario where the victim after entering the vehicle is drugged with a rag of chloroform or held at weaponpoint, as the perpetrator in such a case can drive as far away with the victim as he wishes.

RBBM for focus

I'm thinking something along those lines. Though the time frame in which this could happen is slim, it's probably the best scenario. I'm thinking it would also have to be someone Jason was acquainted with because Kelly said he was shy, so I'm not leaning toward a stranger.
I wonder if there were any former Fazoli employees that were recently let go that might have slipped under the radar?

I think it might be a big red herring to exclude a stranger scenario on the grounds of Jason being shy, as I can personally testify to myself once having been very shy as a child and adolescent, and yet it was very easy for that man I told about earlier to invite me into his car under the offer to drive me home; an offer I readily accepted and jumped into the car, despite me having no idea who he was and despite only being 2 blocks from home.
I can so easily see Jason walking along the road when suddenly a car slows in, and the driver, a complete stranger, leans forward a bit, saying; "Hi! You need a ride or something?"
Jason: "Nah I am just going a few more blocks to a meet-up."
Driver: Well where is the meet-up waiting?"
Jason: "Just at the school"
Driver: "Why that is exactly the direction I am heading! Hop in, I'll drive ya!".
Jason: "Okay, cool, thanks".

That someone is shy doesn't mean they won't take a bate. In fact, I would rather say that specifically because a person is shy, it can actually make it more likely that the person will accept offers like for example a ride, as shy people often tend to be more likely to comply with people rather than rejecting them or, as the shy person might see it, "being difficult".
For this reason, it could just as well have been a complete stranger that might not even have been native to Omaha that were out cruising and then noticed Jason walking and seized the occasion. We must in this aspect also keep in mind that such predators can travel many miles accross countries and between states. Either in order to avoid suspicion, or because they have jobs that requires them to travel a lot.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Regarding the the theory of the man who invited the boys from Jason's previous work to his house, if he did it I'm very surprised there haven't been more victims.

I have really no specific opinion on the older man, however in a theoretical scenario, the lack of further victims could very easily be explained with that 'one victim' being something completely unpremeditated, either like manslaughter or even an utter accident.

Ekardh's suggested scenario about someone giving a false pretence of having to stop by their house for some errand and lures Jason inside, is absolutely a possibility, as that is a tactic that has been used before. I for example immediately came to remember the murder of teenager Daniel Morcombe, who was offered a ride after having missed the bus, but was in actuality taken to an abandoned house at a farm under the pretext that the driver, mr. Brett Cowan, just quickly had to tell his wife where he headed;
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...confession-shown-in-court-20140227-33md8.html

However if a similar scenario to this happened in Jason's case, it must have been someone familiar with the surroundings, like someone who either lived nearby, or who at the least had regular access to some nearby place, as it would have been very difficult to make an excuse for any longer distance drive as Jason after all had a waiting meet-up just fairly nearby, and a longer drive would undoubtedly have raised suspicion.
Of course this only applies to the actual luring-away-to-some-place scenario, and not to a scenario where the victim after entering the vehicle is drugged with a rag of chloroform or held at weaponpoint, as the perpetrator in such a case can drive as far away with the victim as he wishes.

I think it might be a big red herring to exclude a stranger scenario on the grounds of Jason being shy, as I can personally testify to myself once having been very shy as a child and adolescent, and yet it was very easy for that man I told about earlier to invite me into his car under the offer to drive me home; an offer I readily accepted and jumped into the car, despite me having no idea who he was and despite only being 2 blocks from home.
I can so easily see Jason walking along the road when suddenly a car slows in, and the driver, a complete stranger, leans forward a bit, saying; "Hi! You need a ride or something?"
Jason: "Nah I am just going a few more blocks to a meet-up."
Driver: Well where is the meet-up waiting?"
Jason: "Just at the school"
Driver: "Why that is exactly the direction I am heading! Hop in, I'll drive ya!".
Jason: "Okay, cool, thanks".

That someone is shy doesn't mean they won't take a bate. In fact, I would rather say that specifically because a person is shy, it can actually make it more likely that the person will accept offers like for example a ride, as shy people often tend to be more likely to comply with people rather than rejecting them or, as the shy person might see it, "being difficult".
For this reason, it could just as well have been a complete stranger that might not even have been native to Omaha that were out cruising and then noticed Jason walking and seized the occasion. We must in this aspect also keep in mind that such predators can travel many miles accross countries and between states. Either in order to avoid suspicion, or because they have jobs that requires them to travel a lot.

I have really no specific opinion on the older man, however in a theoretical scenario, the lack of further victims could very easily be explained with that 'one victim' being something completely unpremeditated, either like manslaughter or even an utter accident.

I agree this cold be something close to what happened. Shy, and unassertive. Makes sense, sadly. :(

I keep thinking that trash day could be an important clue here. For example, as Jason is walking to meet his coworker for his ride to work, someone near his walking route asks for help with their trash cans. Jason responds favorably since he has seen the person before in the neighborhood. Perhaps Jason drags the cans into the person's garage--out of sight of others--and the abduction occurs. I truly believe the answers lie near his route to the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep thinking that trash day could be an important clue here. For example, as Jason is walking to meet his coworker for his ride to work, someone near his walking route asks for help with their trash cans. Jason responds favorably since he has seen the person before in the neighborhood. Perhaps Jason drags the cans into the person's garage--out of sight of others--and the abduction occurs. I truly believe the answers lie near his route to the school.
It's possible. In the podcast interview, Jason's mom said that he used to walk to school before he got his license, so maybe someone had been watching him for awhile. Once he got his license he didn't really walk anymore perhaps, so the person had given up. However, one fateful day Jason is seen walking again so maybe the person (sex offender?) takes advantage of Jason not having his car and lures him inside with the trash cans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either that or something awful becomes of Jason (at the hands of someone else) and his body is put in a dumpster, taken to landfill and that's why he was never found.

It's possible. In the podcast interview, Jason's mom said that he used to walk to school before he got his license, so maybe someone had been watching him for awhile. Once he got his license he didn't really walk anymore perhaps, so the person had given up. However, one fateful day Jason is seen walking again so maybe the person (sex offender?) takes advantage of Jason not having his car and lures him inside with the trash cans

Great point!
If Jason used to walk to school and then began driving places, somebody who may have had an eye on him, perhaps even getting ready to move away, saw an opportunity and took it.
Recently watched a true crime show where two girls were tricked into a garage after being asked to help an older neighbour " with a sore back " move a box.
One girl was murdered, the other got away and was able to bring LE to the perp's house.
Perp had been totally under the radar, he was the grandfather of a boy known to both girls and he had been taking note of the girls in the neighbourhood for some time, checking them off his list.

Could there have been a situation like that in Jason's area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95