NE NE - Jessica O'Grady, 19, Omaha, 10 May 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=6304838

Edwards Murder Trial Goes To Jury

Omaha, NE - Both sides have finished their closing arguments in the Chris Edwards murder trial. The case is now in the hands of the jury. The 12 men and women will decide if Edwards is guilty of murdering his pregnant girlfriend, Jessica O'Grady. The college student disappeared last May and has not been seen since. The Judge in the case has instructed the jury to deliberate through the weekend. Expect coverage of the verdict as it happens on Action 3 News and here on action3news.com

So looks like no verdict until Monday:confused:

If we were on that jury we would have been out for 10 minutes :furious: The evidence is all there in the blood...sword...shovel...hedge clippers, etc. What more do they need.

The Judge in the case has instructed the jury to deliberate through the weekend.
Hmmm, I took this to mean that the judge has disallowed the jury from taking the weekend off. I don't think that the judge can tell the jury how long they have to deliberate. So maybe we will get a verdict over the weekend?

Messages at the bottom of this site - nothing very interesting but strangely, there are a few people stating that the prosecution proved nothing. :waitasec:

WOWT - News

I think you are right JG, re that the judge can't tell them how long to deliberate, I just thought it was worded strangely. It could be an error in the reporting as well. Lets hope it doesn't take them that long to decide they have more than enough CE for guilty BARD.

Some jury members may struggle over not having a body. They also might say that while there is evidence that she died in his bedroom and bled all over his room, that they don't have enough proof that HE did it.

What do you think are the issues the jury could be struggling with? (Anyone, not just JG)

Hmmm, I took this to mean that the judge has disallowed the jury from taking the weekend off. I don't think that the judge can tell the jury how long they have to deliberate. So maybe we will get a verdict over the weekend?

You're Welcome! Now I just wish he would tell them where she is so that Jessica's family can have some closure....

Thank you Lord I am so pleased they came back quickly there has never been a doubt that he did it and the aunt helped cover it up I still think she knows where Jessica is. May he rot in jail.

Yes, thank God.
Praise to that jury.
I couldn't imagine how hard it must've been to see all of that graphic evidence.

I hope Jessica's body is recovered for her family and for her to have a proper burial.

I would venture a guess that poor Jessica was dumped into water or a landfill, though. This is very sad. Prayers for her family.
I'm sure they would rather have Jessica back alive than to have gotten a verdict of guilt for that creep. The verdict at least gives them some justice.

I am so thankful for this verdict. It didn't take the jury long to decide on 2nd degree murder. The evidence said it all. I'm so glad that there has now been justice for Jessica. I hope that her family can eventially find her body.

The girlfriend saying that Edwards didn't act any differently after the murder then he did before just goes to show what a cold killer he is. His friends may have seen one side of him but he had another side that he must not have shown to anyone but Jessica. I will never understand why he slaughtered her.
He could have broken up with her but I guess it is no different from the husband who could have gotten a divorce. When will they learn that if you take the life of another you almost always end up in prison for years and years? There is never anything gained. It really is insane.

What amazingly great news! I'm so glad that the jury saw all of the CE for what it was and that they didn't buy into the nonsense spewed by that shameful defense attorney.

From the article:

The defense has vowed to appeal the decision.

I don't know why I expected anything else. :rolleyes:

Let them appeal away. Of course the defense will tell the creep that they will appeal. They lost the case ;) I think every defense gives their client that big line just so the client won't be so upset. We all know how those defense attorney's lie. He will probably never hear from the defense again :D

I guess if his parents want to waste their money on this worthless piece of chit go right ahead. This boy isn't going anywhere but to the big house to live and there he will stay. Oh are those ole cons gonna love his skinny butt.

OMG, that's the first time I've seen a picture of the mattress! And this pig just turned it over and continued to sleep on it!?!? No remorse whatsoever.

It definitely made my stomach churn when I first saw it....and his girlfriend had sex with him the next night on that bed! barf. It is interesting reading some comments on the newstations websites ~ a lot of people seem to think his girlfriend had something to do with it - atleast with helping him dispose of the body. The aunt is of course mentioned, too. On the news last night, the investigator stated that they believe someone helped him, but they can not prove it and he doubts there will be any charges filed for an accomplice....

Edwards lawyer did state that if telling where the body was would give his client some leniency, that he "isn't stupid" and would do what was best for his client....then immediately said "it has been their position that Chris Edwards did nothing to this young girl".....ugh... how does he sleep at night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back