Found Deceased NE - Mark Clardy, 46, drove away from home, Omaha, phone pinged near I-80 & Mahoney State Park, 6 Dec 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man who went missing on Tuesday. Mark Clardy was last seen wearing a navy blue jacket, blue jeans, and brown Crocs.

Here's what we know from police

On Tuesday, Dec. 6 the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a missing person named Mark Clardy.

According to police, Clardy was last seen at his residence in the area of 192nd & F Street around 11:30 when he left in his black 2019 Subaru Outback, Nebraska plate WGF 152.

No one has seen or heard from him. Clardy was last seen wearing a navy blue jacket, blue jeans, and brown Crocs.

An emergency ping from his phone last placed its location near Interstate 80 and Mahoney State Park on 06 DEC 22 at 1730 hours.

Anyone with information should call the Douglas County Sheriff’s tip line at (402) 444-6000.

Note: Age taken from public records.

I’m a former coworker of Mark’s. Disappearing is entirely out of character for him, so many people are in utter shock and disbelief over this. He is one of the kindest, down to earth, intelligent, responsible people I know. Praying for his safe return.

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man who went missing on Tuesday. Mark Clardy was last seen wearing a navy blue jacket, blue jeans, and brown Crocs.

Here's what we know from police

On Tuesday, Dec. 6 the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a missing person named Mark Clardy.

According to police, Clardy was last seen at his residence in the area of 192nd & F Street around 11:30 when he left in his black 2019 Subaru Outback, Nebraska plate WGF 152.

No one has seen or heard from him. Clardy was last seen wearing a navy blue jacket, blue jeans, and brown Crocs.

An emergency ping from his phone last placed its location near Interstate 80 and Mahoney State Park on 06 DEC 22 at 1730 hours.

Anyone with information should call the Douglas County Sheriff’s tip line at (402) 444-6000.

Note: Age taken from public records.
What is an "emergency ping"? I've never heard that term before.

Is his phone off or no longer pinging?

Where was he headed since he was expected back?

Any toll roads he might travel near home?

Following too many disappearances on WS lately.

I hope he turns up well very soon!
MOO

The body of a Douglas County man who had been reported missing was found Saturday in Cass County, officials said.

Mark Clardy was reported missing on Tuesday. He was last seen at his home near 192nd and F Streets that day, according to a press release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. He left his home around 11:30 a.m. in a black 2019 Subaru Outback.

An emergency ping of Clardy's phone placed its last known location near Interstate 80 and Mahoney State Park in Ashland at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, the sheriff's office said.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of Clardy's death.

What is an "emergency ping"? I've never heard that term before.

Is his phone off or no longer pinging?

Where was he headed since he was expected back?

Any toll roads he might travel near home?

Following too many disappearances on WS lately.

I hope he turns up well very soon!
MOO
I wonder if the emergency ping is what my phone can send out if I press and hold two buttons together. My understanding is it’s supposed to call and send out my location if something were to happen and I could get a hold of my phone. I accidentally set it off in my purse once and 911 called me back, with police in route. I’ve read that the Apple Watch can do something similar while monitoring your heart beat and what not but I haven’t actually gone down that rabbit hole. I know it can call for you. We are looking to get one for MIL when she is around house by herself.

I wonder if the emergency ping is what my phone can send out if I press and hold two buttons together. My understanding is it’s supposed to call and send out my location if something were to happen and I could get a hold of my phone. I accidentally set it off in my purse once and 911 called me back, with police in route. I’ve read that the Apple Watch can do something similar while monitoring your heart beat and what not but I haven’t actually gone down that rabbit hole. I know it can call for you. We are looking to get one for MIL when she is around house by herself.

Assuming it's an iPhone, on iPhone 8 and later, you have to press both the side and the up or down volume button. hold it long enough and the phone will eventually call emergency services After the call ends, the phone will then send text messages to emergency contacts of your location, if designated.

The iPhone 14 and 14 Pro models also have 'crash detection' that will automatically call when it detects a crash. The 14 and 14 Pro were released on September 16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back