NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.omaha.com/article/201305...-omaha-home-deaths-treated-as-double-homicide

Omaha World Herald coverage with a video. LE is already calling this a 'double homicide'.

Can you imagine what tomorrow will be like at CU Pathology?

The professor who died today was the chairman of the department of pathology until not long ago: he was getting ready to move away, and retire. He was the chairman when MB was training there. Past posts incorrectly stated that Dr. Hunter was the head of the department: he was not. He was the director of the residency program. I find it hard to believe that what happened today is a coincidence.

The professor who died today was the chairman of the department of pathology until not long ago: he was getting ready to move away, and retire. He was the chairman when MB was training there. Past posts incorrectly stated that Dr. Hunter was the head of the department: he was not. He was the director of the residency program. I find it hard to believe that what happened today is a coincidence.

My thinking exactly. Two murders affecting the Pathology department of people in their homes in five years? This story is not getting full media attention here in Omaha tonight- we had city elections today with a bitterly contested mayor race (Police issues were involved, ironically). I expect if this is proven as a homicide we are going to see a lot of developments in the next 48 hours.

I'm an Omahan. I was just going to post this. Glad to see it's already here. This couple lived about a mile and a half from me. We've had a lot of break ins and thefts, so at first, I thought this would turn out to either be a murder/suicide or a home invasion gone wrong. But once they named the victims my hinky meter went off big time!

Dr. Hunter was briefly interviewed by the reporter from the World Herald in today's story. He said he has not heard from OPD but is following developments with interest. Her seems to think there may be a link.

The delivery person who found them was quoted as saying he noticed a gun clip on the front porch. No verification of how they died but this sounds like a gun was used. Pretty risky IMO in a neighborhood with other homes nearby.

I am wondering if LE will be looking at CU staff in this, or at former Pathology residents. If this is the same perp as in the Dundee murders, he may have overplayed his hand in taking these people out. I wonder if their impending move out of town triggered action on his part? I also wonder where Michael Belenky is these days- is anyone in LE keeping track of him? He'd have been at CU the same time as Dr B.

Thanks Snick, looks like a few of the channels are saying that OPD think it is a double homicide. Wasn't there another murder suicide of a doctor in the neighborhood?

Yep, but not sure in Dundee but nearby. The dr. & wife were to leave on vaca the following day. IIRC, their home was burglarized after le cleared the scene & the victim's families disputed the m/s theory. There is a thread on WS but cannot recall their last name.

Just saw the news on the double homicide of the Creighton Dr. and his wife.
http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news...home/-/9674510/20140972/-/3po7rr/-/index.html

I am not one to believe in coincidences and at this time I have really nothing else to add unless I hear or see something in the news. I just hope this case gets solved in a timely manner unlike Thomas and Shirley's case. I wanted to edit my post to added that apparently we are not the only ones that think Thomas and Shirley's case are related.

I hope that dna & fingerprints were lifted from the hunter home and can be compared to any that is on the gun clip found at the Brumbeck home.

One story mentions a gun clip being found. Different MO? Not a lot of blood by the doctor...
Too eerie! Dr. Brumback came to CUMC pathology department in 2001. I'm looking up the years our friend was there as a resident.

As Snick mentioned previously, MB came to CUMC in 2005. Dr. Brumback was there at that time.

Two minor items of interest found in my surfing today:

I lost the page but there was something about Dr Brumback being scheduled to attend a Pathology conference in St Petersburg Russia in early June- that's MB's birthplace as I recall.

Then I found this review of a movie made in 2008 (!) called 'Pathology"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0964539/combined

Plot is about some Pathology students that try to pull off the perfect murder (s).

In my surfing I find this story is getting a lot of attention, stories appear on sites based all over the US. Most of them mention the Dundee killings as possibly related.

Two minor items of interest found in my surfing today:

I lost the page but there was something about Dr Brumback being scheduled to attend a Pathology conference in St Petersburg Russia in early June- that's MB's birthplace as I recall.
Then I found this review of a movie made in 2008 (!) called 'Pathology"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0964539/combined

Plot is about some Pathology students that try to pull off the perfect murder (s).

In my surfing I find this story is getting a lot of attention, stories appear on sites based all over the US. Most of them mention the Dundee killings as possibly related.

Interesting! that is his birthplace or he went to school there.

KETV 6PM news segment- update:

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news...wife/-/9674510/20158170/-/d8qdnv/-/index.html

Video of home and interesting referrals to the Dundee case. Dr Hunter has been cautioned by OPD not to discuss anything with the media. LE not releasing details to the public but there is a reference to 'similarities' in the two events. Good picture of Dr and Mrs B.

CU Pathology department head says everything is going on as normal there, no special safety precautions. At least that's what is being said to the public.

Too early probably for any speculation. You have to wonder though, is someone targeting staff members and if so could it be a former student or even a current employee?

All,
I have followed this case since day one. My family is in LE and has connections through out Omaha. 1st, I can confirm the LT. in charge of the cold case squad was at this scene. He is one tough SOB. I can also confirm various federal agencies have been brought in through out the investigation of both cases. I can confirm as well that OPD has been literally, all over the world. From my sources the 2008 crime scene was one of the most,"grizzly," scenes they have ever scene with the amount of blood. I will attempt to answer any questions but I can not answer all questions.

All,
I have followed this case since day one. My family is in LE and has connections through out Omaha. 1st, I can confirm the LT. in charge of the cold case squad was at this scene. He is one tough SOB. I can also confirm various federal agencies have been brought in through out the investigation of both cases. I can confirm as well that OPD has been literally, all over the world. From my sources the 2008 crime scene was one of the most,"grizzly," scenes they have ever scene with the amount of blood. I will attempt to answer any questions but I can not answer all questions. I would bet the farm these cases are connected with all the cases I have seen over the years. Yes, I do believe these cases are connected.

Thanks Nick!

Nick12, thanks for your input and welcome to Websleuths!
It's good to know they have DNA from the 2008 case, I hope it belongs to the killer.

It seems like someone has a big grudge and a long memory against CU pathology dept.

Nick12, thanks for your input and welcome to Websleuths!
It's good to know they have DNA from the 2008 case, I hope it belongs to the killer.

It seems like someone has a big grudge and a long memory against CU pathology dept.

Always been around..read every page of this...trust OPD and there detectives, Justice will prevail.

Always been around..read every page of this...trust OPD and there detectives, Justice will prevail.

I know who you refer to as the tough SOB, and he is. At the outset I think mistakes were made by the original investigators but these guys now are relentless and they will catch this creep. If this is the same perp he made a big mistake if he killed again- from what I have heard the Dundee crime scene although as you say, grisly, was remarkably free of evidence. That's hard to replicate again. If this is the same guy the chances of catching him went up tenfold when he did this.

I also think that Dr B's announced move may have been the catalyst for this crime. Whoever this is felt the window was closing and Dr B needed to be taken out before he left Omaha. Maybe the perp felt Dr B had figured out who he was and would spill the beans once he was no longer on staff. Much of the focus in the past here was on Dr Belenky. IMO he is a possible suspect but for some reason he never fit in, in my mind. My thinking lately has shifted to closer to home, someone at CU or maybe a disgruntled former pathology resident. I know that was probably
looked into however. Glad to have you here!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny
Back