NE NE - Ryan Larsen, 11, with autism, La Vista, 17 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There used to be at least one that you could cross a small path or small walking bridge to get to - my oldest was going through Chemo at the time, and I called it by her first name and "Island" as if it were hers! This was several years ago, long before the flooding in 2019...maybe that little walkway is under water now?

It's still there. There's that one and another one that isn't connected.

So there's a lead, but they won't tell us what it is, they've called off civilian search volunteers, cadaver dogs picked up a scent there, and now they're draining the lake. This isn't looking good at all.
Cadaverine dogs?!? It seemed they were only using SAR dogs at that time. Do you have a link? TIA :)

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/monday-marks-one-week-of-search-for-ryan-larsen

It's in the live stream halfway down the page at about 3:15. In fairness, this guy says a lot of dumb things in this live stream, so he may have misspoken.
Interesting! Either he has some inside info or he misconstrued “K9 picked up his scent” as per the LE release. The best trained dogs will only hit on human cadaverine so I have my fingers crossed that this reporter is mistaken. Thanks for your clarification and link!

Great link, thank you @swedeheart
I’m a bit irritated there was so much chatter of canines but not a single reporter asked for clarification of the type of canine search, as SAR and cadaverine are very different! SAR always being used first in a situation where foul play is not suspected and they’re hopeful for a rescue.
Sounds like several dogs hit in the same spot, so either Ryan spent some time there, and/or his remains are in the water by that spot. So scary and heartbreaking for his family and the community. Really liked the police chief and his thorough update for the community.
Sending hugs to his loved ones :(

I’m really interested to know what it is that they have found but aren’t sharing. Seeing as they are paying so much attention to the area, I cannot imagine it is anything good. This is about 40 minutes away from me and SO heartbreaking.

I’m really interested to know what it is that they have found but aren’t sharing. Seeing as they are paying so much attention to the area, I cannot imagine it is anything good. This is about 40 minutes away from me and SO heartbreaking.

Same. They said it was a lead a civilian search volunteer found, but wouldn't say what it is. I'm trying to think of why they would not say. Does it point to foul play? Are they just not wanting to make the call until it's certain? I feel like if it was something hopeful or that didn't directly point to the worst having happened, they would've told us.

This is extremely local for me. Every time I'm outside I'm looking up in trees, behind bushes, down in creeks...

BBM
Ryan Larsen search: Authorities still looking for missing La Vista boy
May. 25, 2021 at 7:42 AM CDT

The water line at Walnut Creek Lake in Papillion has dropped by 2 feet as authorities increasingly focus their search for 11-year-old Ryan Larsen on the northeast side of the lake. As of Tuesday morning, Ryan, who has been missing since May 17, still has not been found. [snip] Lausten said authorities have zeroed in on areas where K9 units had given three indications of a scent. Authorities previously blocked off all access to the Walnut Creek area starting Thursday night to discourage people from coming in and possibly scaring off Ryan if he was hiding there; but the area was back open Sunday. The chief said multiple dogs have hit in the same areas of Walnut Creek — “one Friday, one Saturday, and one (Monday)” — so efforts have been focused there.

Google Maps
Map Details
Title - La Vista boy missing
Description - La Vista Police are alerting the public to a missing 11-year-old autistic child. Ryan Larson is a sixth-grade student. He was last seen earlier Monday leaving school at La West Elementary. Omaha Police confirm he has a tendency to hide. Updates on WOWT.com.

BBM
'Absolutely false': Chief blasts rumors as desperate search for 11-year-old Ryan Larsen continues
2 hrs ago
La Vista Police Chief Bob Lausten said Monday night he is aware of rumors swirling on social media about an arrest. He said these are false and "disgusting." "There has been some chatter on social media from some keyboard warriors in basements talking about, 'We have an arrest, we found Ryan,' that is absolutely false. Any information that's going to come about this case is going to come from the La Vista police department," he said. "We continue to search." [ snip] Lausten was asked if there's any reason to believe there is foul play involved. "Until we find Ryan we can't get to the point to figure that out," he said.

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-25_12-31-34.png
    upload_2021-5-25_12-31-34.png
    68 bytes · Views: 4
Man, I hate it when they say that, it just makes me want to see what the rumors are, and I know that's the exact opposite of what they want.

The rumors are mostly suspecting and sleuthing the family based on nothing except it being "impossible" for him to walk a few miles to the park without being spotted. Never mind the fact that he could've been hiding during the day and moving at night. The police have said there is NO indication of foul play at this point. Social media is just the worst sometimes. Between that and the outrage that the police "aren't doing enough" and that the school didn't basically handcuff him to his desk, it's just an absolute dumpster fire.

Police: Search for Ryan Larsen at Walnut Creek comes up empty
The 11-year-old has been missing since May 17
https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local...cus-on-walnut-creek-in-search-for-ryan-larsen

This is awful. I pray they find him and he's been snacking on some found food and playing hide and seek.

If they do find him alive, I think they should put an ankle monitor on him (IMOO). I feel like putting an ankle monitor on my youngest, now that I've suggested that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back