Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just edited with a better link. The lenient sentence is interesting!

Maybe a local could help me out with a few questions I have...

Has crime scene units been back to the house AT/BB live at? I haven't seen any mention of this in the media at all. This tells me, they probably don't think it happened there...(which makes sense since I'm sure people were upstairs)

Second, why were AT/BB renting a basement from someone if they made "100k a year" in their "antique" business. 100k a year is a lot of money for small town Nebraska.... (could this be because they didn't want background check ran) or maybe they weren't making anywhere near that sort of money.

Lastly, is it not kind of weird to rent a basement from someone in small town NE? I mean everyone rents their basement out where I live now, so it's very common, but i grew up in a small town not far from where Sydney grew up and can't say i ever heard of anyone doing that.....which leads me to....people had to wonder what an attractive 23 year old was doing with AT. You can be as "quiet" and as hidden as possible but you still live in a town of what...1,800? Just wondering what the local take on them was.

Not incredibly relevant at this point but just wanted to address all the "antiques schmantiques" style comments.

I 100% agree that $100k seems silly, I'd say this is a gross exaggeration, but not so sure about all the ideas that by "antique" he means drugs and the such like.

Someone on social media came forward saying one or both of them had ripped her off , she was an antiques dealer. I wish I had saved the post, I can't find it now.

This article also confirms that they really did have connections to the antiques world.

"Both Trail and Boswell were known to Lincoln-area antiques dealers. One said the pair picked up a paycheck Nov. 15, the same day Loofe was last seen.

A manager at one dealer said Trail had been a customer for many years, coming and going infrequently — most recently about a month ago. Staff at another antiques mall said the pair rented several display cabinets to sell vintage glassware and toys, beginning in June."

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_6ee16f6f-c429-53a2-9a76-2fcfc4b8bfc8.html

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Then you weren't looking hard enough...try the Marc dutroux case, the matamoros ranch / Juarez murders, the finders, the presidio and west point cases, Henry Lee Lucas, arliss Perry, charles Manson, even the franklin credit union and you will eventually uncover the tip of a very large and bloody iceberg. These things are probably a discussion best left to another thread, though, as the SL murder seems to be more simply motivated.

I do not believe spreading conspiracy theories will help this case. Im also pretty sure its against TOS but i can be wrong.

On that note, there is an interesting story unfolding in BB s hometown of Trenton, MO. The body found there the same day as SL was found seems to have been staged to be found. LE laughably ruled it a suicide....family members are outraged and demanding investigation by outside law enforcement. Rural organized crime? Probably in no way related to SL, but due to the disturbing coincidences we should maybe keep it on our radar.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-performed-on-trenton-human-remains

On that note, there is an interesting story unfolding in BB s hometown of Trenton, MO. The body found there the same day as SL was found seems to have been staged to be found. LE laughably ruled it a suicide....family members are outraged and demanding investigation by outside law enforcement. Rural organized crime? Probably in no way related to SL, but due to the disturbing coincidences we should maybe keep it on our radar.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-performed-on-trenton-human-remains

I don't believe Trenton is BBs "hometown". It's pretty obvious she's from Iowa. But also I came across this last night....and what's even more interesting/coincidental her ex fiancé appears to have been friends with Tanner.

Heard! I was under the impression it was her hometown due to other posts here. It is the town where her mother and child live???

I'm pretty sure you can't post about POIs family members .....so without saying much...no they don't appear to live in Trenton. I believe BB just lived there with the ex.

To your last point: FWIW - not once has LE used the term "remains". They have consistently referenced a body being recovered...

My .02...

<snip from link>

The police chief referenced cellphones, social media and debit or credit cards Nov. 28. "Those are all different avenues that we are looking at and should be looking at in order to identify where Sydney was, where Bailey Boswell and Aubrey Trail may be."

Bliemeister called it a valuable component of the investigation. Last Thursday, he said it led to Boswell's and Trail's arrests. Tuesday, he said it led to finding Loofe's remains in Clay County.

+1
5a272fbabac1d.image.jpg

Larry Barksdale

Larry Barksdale, a former Lincoln police investigator who retired in 2012 with more than 40 years experience, said Tuesday the same way shipping companies can track online purchases and trucking firms keep tabs on semitrailers, so, too, do law enforcement use digital information to help in investigations.

But, for law enforcement to get the information, a judge has to review the process and approve warrants, said Barksdale, who now teaches forensic science at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

Quote that refers to SL's body as "remains".... :crying:

Second, why were AT/BB renting a basement from someone if they made "100k a year" in their "antique" business. 100k a year is a lot of money for small town Nebraska.... (could this be because they didn't want background check ran) or maybe they weren't making anywhere near that sort of money.

Lastly, is it not kind of weird to rent a basement from someone in small town NE? I mean everyone rents their basement out where I live now, so it's very common, but i grew up in a small town not far from where Sydney grew up and can't say i ever heard of anyone doing that.....which leads me to....people had to wonder what an attractive 23 year old was doing with AT. You can be as "quiet" and as hidden as possible but you still live in a town of what...1,800? Just wondering what the local take on them was.

I think that's exactly why they rented someone's basement... so the police wouldn't have their address. It was probably a super informal thing with no background check and no one would ever know they were there. AT said that LE thought he still lived in Falls City. This could just be because of the warrants though, and not necessarily because he was planning something terrible.

I'm from a rural town in a different part of NE, and no one rented rooms/basements there. Maybe it's different closer to the Lincoln/Omaha area though, and they just lived there to get cheaper rent in a town relatively close to Lincoln. I do know that in Omaha, it's common.

And the antiques... someone on social media actually had their business card (and uploaded a picture of it... it's A&B Antiques). They definitely at least pretend to be in the antique business. It could still be a money laundering thing though. Maybe that's why the FBI got involved.

http://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/sydney-loofe-case-search-continues-in-saline-co

So Clay County search is wrapped up but they are back to searching in Saline County??? (this is wilber, where phone pinged)

obviously are looking for SOMETHING specific....

Texting with my mom earlier today Farmers in Clay County near the area SF was found have been told to keep a look out for trash bags or containers. She hasn't heard anything about the search today around Wilber.

Texting with my mom earlier today Farmers in Clay County near the area SF was found have been told to keep a look out for trash bags or containers. She hasn't heard anything about the search today around Wilber.

That's what I'd heard... scattered trash bags. I still hope it's just a false rumor.

(disregard... I found it's already been mentioned)

Maybe a local could help me out with a few questions I have...

Has crime scene units been back to the house AT/BB live at? I haven't seen any mention of this in the media at all. This tells me, they probably don't think it happened there...(which makes sense since I'm sure people were upstairs)

Looks like someone posted a link to an article referring to another search in the Wilber area today.

As for the antique business - my $0.02 - they don't exactly come off as the brightest light bulbs. That could be their net number before business expenses, rent, taxes (if they paid them!) etc. Even then, if they are selling glassware and small collectibles they would have to sell a good volume to bank on that. I'm hardly an expert at antiques but from my poking around in antique/junk stores glassware usually isn't going for a lot of money.

Renting in a small town - I think that is a good point. I've had family members that have rented in Wilber, but this has been a good 20+ years ago, but I think it's still true the POI's could have picked up a rental for pretty cheap. I think there is a reason they are renting the basement - in all likelihood, their Landlord may not ask many questions and that was part of the appeal. Also, they could maybe come and go with fewer neighbors observing them. My grandma used to joke in Wilber your neighbors know what time you use the bathroom, and if the POI's had a small house or apartment they would have neighbors who could be nosy and ask questions. They may have known their upstairs neighbors wouldn't ask questions.

As I keep saying, I think it is ultimately extremely strange no one seemed to have seen them at the bars, or at Casey's, or even at the Wal-Mart in Crete - or at least I haven't heard any local talk pertaining to sightings. If it's the case no one has seen them, then why were they so careful at keeping a low profile?

For what it's worth, inside the meth community (probably similar in the newer opioid culture) they are constantly trading and selling things (collecting and stealing also). There are intricate networks involving everything from scrap metal to sports cards, car parts to antiques, firearms and many things in between. Cash and drugs are interchangeable at various points of exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela