Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom was adopted in the 50s so genealogy has always been a great interest of mine. After I was able to finally identify and locate her birth family I just became really fascinated with historical things in general.

I agree, Nebraska seems to be an important place for AT for some reason. I have researched extensively trying to trace AT's social history and it's like he didn't even exist pre-1996. The first non-criminal related record I have been able to find for him was from a 1996 marriage. And I believe he has been married more than once.

So basically when I come to a point where my search dead ends and someone seemingly just poofed into existence at age 30 my conclusions are either: A) they were adopted or B) they went through a sealed name change or C) both. I am sure other reasons exist, those are just the ones I am familiar with.

Usually stepping back and waiting for some detail to present itself is what it takes to advance. That's what I really like about this online community. Everyone here seems very open-minded and adds value to any topic someone brings up.
Since you looked into AT's marriage record for his first marriage is that a woman that is 15/16 years older than him? What I found for the women he was apparently married to was one 15/16 years older than him and the next one was 11 years older than him. I only bring this up because in the first video he mentioned having a thing for young 20-somethings and he was with a young 20-something. I find this juxtaposition interesting.

Was just going to respond to Taurus and saw your question. One of my hobbies is genealogy and in some cases, I've gotten back to the 1500's. Did the same as Taurus and find nothing on him prior to 1996.

Before the age of 30, on many folks, even those still living, you can often find old school book pictures, newspaper archives that show athletics, school participation, etc., marriage licenses, lawsuits, name of parents or at least one parent, siblings, etc.

There is nothing.

IMO this reeks of either a name change or stolen identity. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I pondered the thought of a name change back when I could literally find nothing besides his criminal records. But it didn’t have any aliases listed on his criminal things so I was confused about that.

I pondered the thought of a name change back when I could literally find nothing besides his criminal records. But it didn’t have any aliases listed on his criminal things so I was confused about that.

How old was he at his first arrest?

Huh... did you genealogy buffs (I'm an amateur) come across the Aubrey C. Trail who died in Virginia? B: 1959 D: 2009. How many Aubrey C. Trails could there possibly be in the U.S.?

Huh... did you genealogy buffs (I'm an amateur) come across the Aubrey C. Trail who died in Virginia? B: 1959 D: 2009. How many Aubrey C. Trails could there possibly be in the U.S.?

This is what I was thinking when I said perhaps he has a stolen identity. MOO

This is what I was thinking when I said perhaps he has a stolen identity. MOO

But even if he stole someone's identity, there would still be information about the person he stole it from. Maybe he just completely made up an identity. Or maybe he just didn't have a super interesting life before he began his life of crime.

That interview was interesting! I agree with those who say it's probably his way of keeping BB quiet. If she knows he's saying she had nothing to do with it, she's sure not going to confess to anything. Behind the scenes, he's more than likely throwing her under the bus.

But even if he stole someone's identity, there would still be information about the person he stole it from. Maybe he just completely made up an identity. Or maybe he just didn't have a super interesting life before he began his life of crime.

That interview was interesting! I agree with those who say it's probably his way of keeping BB quiet. If she knows he's saying she had nothing to do with it, she's sure not going to confess to anything. Behind the scenes, he's more than likely throwing her under the bus.

Exactly. The man whose identity was stolen would have a history.

My hunch is that he was living under the radar. Probably not the type to be involved with high school activities that get a mention in local papers. Maybe started with petty crimes and never got caught, so no police record. Maybe never signed a lease, put his name in the phone book, voted, etc.

IDK, just guessing.

What was the offense of his first arrest?

jmo

I agree, he was probably living under the radar. I was using genealogy resources to try to find out more, too. Even in old obituaries from the town he's supposedly from (Manchester, TN), where there are a lot of people with the last name Trail, he isn't listed as a survivor for anyone. Perhaps he cut off all family ties or was disowned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is hard to explain why nothing is showing up prior to age 29 or 30. He could have changed his name, he could have lived a crime-free life before then, or perhaps he just didn't get caught until then.

I thought he got pretty strong prison sentences for passing bad checks. Not to minimize the crime of passing bad checks, but I can't help but wonder if the courts knew something about him, or suspected something and wanted to keep him out of circulation as long as they could. JMO.

Agree that he may be saying BB is not involved to the media, but is throwing her under the bus behind the scenes. JMO, I don't think BB has even figured out yet that she was set up by AT to take the fall for the PA crime. The con job combined with passing a bad check to those he has conned is his specialty, yet she writes the bad check and only she is charged?

JMO, but I imagine that everyone involved (other than AT) is trying to convince BB to talk and tell what happened. I get the feeling that she is completely under his spell and that she thinks AT has her best interests at heart and that he will protect her. My guess is she still isn't talking. Time will tell on that.

I agree, he was probably living under the radar. I was using genealogy resources to try to find out more, too. Even in old obituaries from the town he's supposedly from (Manchester, TN), where there are a lot of people with the last name Trail, he isn't listed as a survivor for anyone. Perhaps he cut off all family ties or was disowned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Perhaps he spent his youth in foster care, a home for wayward boys, or a combination of both?

Yah the thing that intrigued me the most was I couldn’t find him in a single obituary. Strange. Highly doubt he started his life of crime at 30 either....I mean he himself did say he had been a criminal his whole life lol. Probably the one thing he didn’t lie about.

One other truth we can confirm from his video is that he said he isn't a nice guy.

Since you looked into AT's marriage record for his first marriage is that a woman that is 15/16 years older than him? What I found for the women he was apparently married to was one 15/16 years older than him and the next one was 11 years older than him. I only bring this up because in the first video he mentioned having a thing for young 20-somethings and he was with a young 20-something. I find this juxtaposition interesting.

Is it possible that he was using them as a “kept man” type opposite sugar daddy type situation? Seems like he was out to scam people from the time he could...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah the thing that intrigued me the most was I couldn’t find him in a single obituary. Strange. Highly doubt he started his life of crime at 30 either....I mean he himself did say he had been a criminal his whole life lol. Probably the one thing he didn’t lie about.

FWIW, I'm not listed by name in any obit except my parents' obits - and that is only recently. I have a big family and my grandparents' obits list their children and "many grandchildren." I was one of those many grandchildren. At his age, it's possible his parents are still alive...or didn't have obits in the paper (which is also quite possible).

I'm not quite ready to think anything about Trail's lack of a trail as a young adult.

Good sleuthing, though!

jmo

Is it possible that he was using them as a “kept man” type opposite sugar daddy type situation? Seems like he was out to scam people from the time he could...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting about his marriages with older women and his professed attraction to younger women.

I think you're right that he was mooching off the wives. jmo

Did he ever have a legit job that we know about?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members