Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't even get how or what SA's motive would be. He was engaged, about to get a 36 mil settlement. His fiancée was a reasonably attractive woman, albeit with a drinking problem she was working on. Which btw he sounded super chill for a dude who was/did raped/murdered a woman.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Perhaps he's a criminal who has a criminal mind and had just spent 18 years in prison for a rape he actually didn't commit so he decided to actually go ahead and commit the crime.

One could ask what his motive was as a young married man with four children and in his own words, living the good life, to go out and commit a bunch of crimes but he still did.

Perhaps he's a criminal who has a criminal mind and had just spent 18 years in prison for a rape he actually didn't commit so he decided to actually go ahead and commit the crime.

One could ask what his motive was as a young married man with four children and in his own words, living the good life, to go out and commit a bunch of crimes but he still did.

I tend to agree with you here. You don't need to look too far to find a motive for rape and murder. We also hear often when someone is found guilty of a heinous crime and they are perfect citizens. Looks can be deceiving.

The rape only comes from Brendan's version, afaik. Maybe Teresa and Steven argued over something, Steven had a hot temper, and shot her. I feel like we'll never know.

Right, I mean he could be a "victim of the system" and have psychological issues from being in jail for 18 years, or perhaps he was just a criminal to begin with.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AvaAdore, I understand the concept of reasonable doubt, as did the jury, who was explained the burden of proof by both prosecutors and the defense. Reasonable doubt does not mean no doubt. The documentary introduced nothing new. The jury saw the same things we saw, and much more. They were presented all the acts of evidence tampering and the motive that LE had to plant it, and they ultimately decided that the State met their prima facie case and found Avery guilty. Just because LE tampered w. evidence doesn't mean that Avery couldn't have committed the crime. That being said, if the State had used Dassley as a witness and relied on his confession to convict Avery, the outcome may have been different. Dassley and Avery's cases are entirely different. Avery had great attorneys who were clearly advocating for him, and there was plenty of other evidence, both circumstantial and forensic presented that could lead a reasonable person to believe he was guilty of the crimes as charged. Dassley, however, had an attorney who allowed him to meet w. investigators w.o being there, knowing he was a minor and had a lower level of intelligence. His attorney looked for evidence to corroborate a confession that was clearly coerced and didn't fit the facts, when they should have been immediately focusing on getting it thrown out due to his age, mental capacity, and lack of counsel. The confession was the nearly the entire case against Dassley. There is no question in my mind that that confession should have never been allowed into evidence, and w.o it they would have been unable to convict Dassley. What happened to Dassley is an absolute miscarriage of justice, no doubt.

If anyone is going to be granted a new trial as a result of this documentary, it'll be Dassley. I can't see any legal reason why an appellate court would overturn Avery's conviction. Appellate courts don't hear evidence or determine the facts of the case, they decide whether the lower court made the correct legal determinations. Avery didn't give a coerced confession, he had good legal representation, and he clearly had an impartial jury as some of them voted not guilty during the initial poll. The law entitles you to a fair trial, not a perfect one. There are errors that can occur during trial that are not appealable. At this point, I can't see what error was committed during Avery's trial that would entitle him to a new trial. Appeals are not easy to get, and that's for a reason. Disagreeing w. the jury's interpretation of the evidence is not enough to get a new trial- if it was, the appellate courts would be overwhelmed by people who are convicted and unhappy w. the conviction. If this documentary had brought out new evidence that was not introduced or hidden from the jury in his trial, then this would be a whole different story, but that isn't the case. The jury saw all the evidence and heard the defense's case, and they rejected it. Courts are extremely reluctant to throw out jury decisions.

What frustrates me most about this case is the large amount of people who have become entirely convinced of Avery's innocence just from watching a documentary that isn't free from bias and left out important evidence included at a trial, and haven't taken the time to try and learn the facts or understand the legal proceedings. If they did, we wouldn't see change.org petitions w. thousands of signatures asking Obama for an immediate pardon of Avery...the petitions would be to Scott Walker, the governor, who holds the ability to grant a pardon for state crimes.

For the record, I'm not 100 percent convinced Avery is guilty, but I can see how a reasonable person would find him guilty. I think it's extremely telling that the Innocence Project has had no involvement in Avery's second conviction, and distanced themselves from him. His case put the Wisconsin Innocent Project on the map, one would think that if they thought the same cops were coming back to frame him for murder a second time, they'd fight for him, without a doubt.

What do you think of the claim that 80% of the evidence wasn't covered in the documentary??

http://fox11online.com/news/local/l...rer-creates-buzz-threats-for-avery-prosecutor

It doesn't surprise me at all. I feel documentary was manipulative. The things that as a juror would have swayed me, they left out.

But certainly some persuasive jurors could have used those topics to convince other jurors. Would love to know why the jurors chose guilty and what pieces of evidence was basis -- Gotta believe the issues I had were in that mix.

I binge watched this and like so many of you, had to turn it off for a bit at episode 4. What they did to Brendan was inexcusable. His own lawyer and the investigator were clearly biased. Everything the PI did, from repeatedly telling Brendan to confess and say he was sorry, to directing him to draw pictures of the supposed crime scene, to sobbing at the stand when shown a photo of Teresa - he was working for the defense!!!!!
And Dassey's attorney let him be questioned alone by police, knowing he was underage and cognitively impaired. What defense attorney does that?
Also, the absence of a single bit of Teresa's DNA in either the bedroom or the garage, which were both totally cluttered with debris when she was reportedly stabbed and or shot makes no sense. No sense. These were not intelligent, sophisticated men. They could not possibly have removed all traces of blood.
Lastly - Lenk found the key. That alone is a HUGE conflict of interest.
I'm sure the film left things out, but unless these facts were blatant lies, I don't see how the jury convicted either of them. And I really don't understand why all the appeals this far have been denied.

Okay, so we're not supposed to trust the prosecutor because he's a creep and later lost his job due to texting victims of sexual assualt and making suggestive comments BUT Steven Avery chasing down a woman with a rifle and only letting her go because she had a baby in the car isn't indicative that something is seriously wrong with the guy? What would have happened to her had the baby not been in the car? Did he just want to chat with her? Even if we are super nice and give him the benefit of the doubt that his reason for the incident is exactly why he did it, does that still seem like something normal people do? I don't know, I've been pretty mad at quite a few people over my lifetime and never once have I run them off the road and brandished a rifle at them.

Sorry, I'm still just not getting what the alternate theory is here. The police killed her? I can't figure out how they decided to kill her that day. They somehow knew she'd be there, or a squad car just happened to be passing by and the cops snagged her? Then, police officers kill her. They may not be the most ethical but we're now making the leap that they aren't just setting someone up but they are doing so by killing an innocent woman. They don't just have Avery's blood from the old vial but somewhere they have his sweat as well?

There's a lot of talk about the lawsuit. Yes, he was asking for a lot of money but asking and getting are two different things. Odds are he wasn't going to get 36 million and even if he had, it's not as though that money was going to be paid by the police officers themselves so I just don't buy that as such a big motivation for the police. Certaily not motivation enough to kill an innocent woman.

So, let's say someone else killed Teresa. Who? Again, someone who knew she was going to be at Avery's and managed to get her before anyone else could see her. But then how did they manage to plant all the evidence? They got super lucky that Avery had just recently bought shackles and decided to burn them up in a burn barrel? The same barrel they snuck some of Teresa's things into and then started on fire so they too could burn? They hid the car on Avery's property presumably to make it look like he killed her but then hid the plates somewhere else to make it less likely the car would be identified? They left the key in the car and then got lucky that the police decided not to just take the key when they seized the car and test it for DNA but instead decided to keep it, cover it in Avery's sweat that they'd gotten from somewhere, and then plant it in his room, all of which greatly benefitted said unknown murderer.

Steven Avery murdered Teresa Halbach. I agree that Brendan's confession isn't highly reliable and I'm uncertain the extent of his involvement but I have zero doubt that Steven killed her.

Brendan currently has a 2254 habeas petition pending in the Eastern District of Wisconsin. Often times large portions of the state trial record are filed in those cases but I'm not certain if that's happened yet in his case.

What frustrates me most about this case is the large amount of people who have become entirely convinced of Avery's innocence just from watching a documentary that isn't free from bias and left out important evidence included at a trial, and haven't taken the time to try and learn the facts or understand the legal proceedings. If they did, we wouldn't see change.org petitions w. thousands of signatures asking Obama for an immediate pardon of Avery...the petitions would be to Scott Walker, the governor, who holds the ability to grant a pardon for state crimes.

I find this frustrating as well.

And, I agree with your point regarding the Wisconsin Innocence Project. Brendan has some awesome attorneys for his habeas petition but I don't know that any attorney is helping Steven with his appeals.

AvaAdore, I understand the concept of reasonable doubt, as did the jury, who was explained the burden of proof by both prosecutors and the defense. Reasonable doubt does not mean no doubt. The documentary introduced nothing new. The jury saw the same things we saw, and much more. They were presented all the acts of evidence tampering and the motive that LE had to plant it, and they ultimately decided that the State met their prima facie case and found Avery guilty. Just because LE tampered w. evidence doesn't mean that Avery couldn't have committed the crime. That being said, if the State had used Dassley as a witness and relied on his confession to convict Avery, the outcome may have been different. Dassley and Avery's cases are entirely different. Avery had great attorneys who were clearly advocating for him, and there was plenty of other evidence, both circumstantial and forensic presented that could lead a reasonable person to believe he was guilty of the crimes as charged. Dassley, however, had an attorney who allowed him to meet w. investigators w.o being there, knowing he was a minor and had a lower level of intelligence. His attorney looked for evidence to corroborate a confession that was clearly coerced and didn't fit the facts, when they should have been immediately focusing on getting it thrown out due to his age, mental capacity, and lack of counsel. The confession was the nearly the entire case against Dassley. There is no question in my mind that that confession should have never been allowed into evidence, and w.o it they would have been unable to convict Dassley. What happened to Dassley is an absolute miscarriage of justice, no doubt.

If anyone is going to be granted a new trial as a result of this documentary, it'll be Dassley. I can't see any legal reason why an appellate court would overturn Avery's conviction. Appellate courts don't hear evidence or determine the facts of the case, they decide whether the lower court made the correct legal determinations. Avery didn't give a coerced confession, he had good legal representation, and he clearly had an impartial jury as some of them voted not guilty during the initial poll. The law entitles you to a fair trial, not a perfect one. There are errors that can occur during trial that are not appealable. At this point, I can't see what error was committed during Avery's trial that would entitle him to a new trial. Appeals are not easy to get, and that's for a reason. Disagreeing w. the jury's interpretation of the evidence is not enough to get a new trial- if it was, the appellate courts would be overwhelmed by people who are convicted and unhappy w. the conviction. If this documentary had brought out new evidence that was not introduced or hidden from the jury in his trial, then this would be a whole different story, but that isn't the case. The jury saw all the evidence and heard the defense's case, and they rejected it. Courts are extremely reluctant to throw out jury decisions.

For the record, I'm not 100 percent convinced Avery is guilty, but I can see how a reasonable person would find him guilty. I think it's extremely telling that the Innocence Project has had no involvement in Avery's second conviction, and distanced themselves from him. His case put the Wisconsin Innocent Project on the map, one would think that if they thought the same cops were coming back to frame him for murder a second time, they'd fight for him, without a doubt.

You're making a lot of assumptions. That's all I can say.

Obvious misconduct on the prosecution side (Avery). I don't believe he will get a new trial either unless enough bad publicity comes towards Wisconsin AND (as his lawyer mentioned) they develop another new technique that can help exonerate him. But even though I know things not mentioned in the documentary (which I personally didn't even find to sway my opinion on matters), I still think there was not enough to believe beyond a reasonable doubt. They committed crimes in the very beginning with inserting themselves into a investigation that they had no business in because of the pending lawsuit and allegations of misconduct and so forth.

But the motive there was anger at the woman who was his cousin and who happened to be married to the sherrif. I don't even remember precisely what it was about, but he was very angry at her for something she was maybe saying about him? It had a specific motivation and isn't at all similar, IMO, to the crime against the murdered victim.

I'm not saying the motive was the same as the borderline abduction, I'm saying that the actions are violent and criminal in nature. I don't care what someone says, you don't go pull a gun on them. If you do, certainly people will have an opinion that there is a potential for you to go the next step in any direction. That is a completely separate point that goes to support he is capable of doing something that is considered violent and criminal. would you agree ?

My second point in that reply goes to a potential motive. Yes, once someone is shown to have a violent/criminal side, all it takes is another motive for that side to manifest itself. Everything that a criminal does is not for the same motive, it can vary from crime to crime. would you agree ?

So, when someone comes to the door in a towel and that happened multiple times and a woman mentions she is uncomfortable with that, yes, I think it's not crazy to think that him specifically requesting her and leaving someone elses name on the request -- warrants explanation and investigation if that person turns up missing. I think that's responsible. Doesn't mean he did anything and just because she was uncomfortable with him only wearing a towel doesn't define his intentions. But surely we can agree that you want to investigate whether there is more to that topic. right ?

I don't know if this auto trade stuff is even reality. It could be rumors that people take as fact, so as I said, I'm speculating. But, I don't think it's at all implausible that sex could be a motive if indeed he *specifically* requests her to come to the property. Without a body, there's no way that rape/sexual assault could ever be proven. I get that. but that has zero to do with whether a sexual motive was plausible.

3 weeks earlier, they said that Avery bought shackles and cuffs - with Barb Janda. How they know this, I don't know. Is it true ? i don't know. but if true, yes... I do think that it's something you consider. Does it mean anyone that buy those items is capable of rape. nope. But it's fair to evaluate that if it's possible someone was abducted against their will. I think that's just common sense to evaluate and investigate. Doesn't it indicate that someone is turned on by someone being cuffed and shackled ?

I just wish there were actual statements involving these details, because I think they are indeed needed to understand if Avery can be ruled out.

You're making a lot of assumptions. That's all I can say.

Obvious misconduct on the prosecution side (Avery). I don't believe he will get a new trial either unless enough bad publicity comes towards Wisconsin AND (as his lawyer mentioned) they develop another new technique that can help exonerate him. But even though I know things not mentioned in the documentary (which I personally didn't even find to sway my opinion on matters), I still think there was not enough to believe beyond a reasonable doubt. They committed crimes in the very beginning with inserting themselves into a investigation that they had no business in because of the pending lawsuit and allegations of misconduct and so forth.

I agree with this as well.

Let me ask you this. Is it ideal that in the case of law enforcement being corrupt, that whoever potentially might have committed the crime should get a pass ?

I think that's something that's not being evaluated here. I see law enforcement's corruption and this murder as two separate topics. Avery deserves a fair and just trial, which is why I would support him being freed to get that.

I believe that a real investigation needs to take place. That could exonerate Avery completely. An investigation that doesn't ignore everyone else who potentially could have been involved in this murder - bobby, scott, ex boyfriend, roommate, etc -- how can there be justice for terry if those people aren't properly investigated ?

That's what I am getting at. I get that avery was wronged here, I truly do. But I don't know if he is innocent even still.

So is this about making sure we find terry's killer or is it about corruption and avery ? for many, I think it's about the later. For me, I am fine with the corruption being handled and avery being freed. But I want to get answers about what happened that day and if avery was involved. that's just me.

Okay, so we're not supposed to trust the prosecutor because he's a creep and later lost his job due to texting victims of sexual assualt and making suggestive comments BUT Steven Avery chasing down a woman with a rifle and only letting her go because she had a baby in the car isn't indicative that something is seriously wrong with the guy? What would have happened to her had the baby not been in the car? Did he just want to chat with her? Even if we are super nice and give him the benefit of the doubt that his reason for the incident is exactly why he did it, does that still seem like something normal people do? I don't know, I've been pretty mad at quite a few people over my lifetime and never once have I run them off the road and brandished a rifle at them.

Sorry, I'm still just not getting what the alternate theory is here. The police killed her? I can't figure out how they decided to kill her that day. They somehow knew she'd be there, or a squad car just happened to be passing by and the cops snagged her? Then, police officers kill her. They may not be the most ethical but we're now making the leap that they aren't just setting someone up but they are doing so by killing an innocent woman. They don't just have Avery's blood from the old vial but somewhere they have his sweat as well?

There's a lot of talk about the lawsuit. Yes, he was asking for a lot of money but asking and getting are two different things. Odds are he wasn't going to get 36 million and even if he had, it's not as though that money was going to be paid by the police officers themselves so I just don't buy that as such a big motivation for the police. Certaily not motivation enough to kill an innocent woman.

So, let's say someone else killed Teresa. Who? Again, someone who knew she was going to be at Avery's and managed to get her before anyone else could see her. But then how did they manage to plant all the evidence? They got super lucky that Avery had just recently bought shackles and decided to burn them up in a burn barrel? The same barrel they snuck some of Teresa's things into and then started on fire so they too could burn? They hid the car on Avery's property presumably to make it look like he killed her but then hid the plates somewhere else to make it less likely the car would be identified? They left the key in the car and then got lucky that the police decided not to just take the key when they seized the car and test it for DNA but instead decided to keep it, cover it in Avery's sweat that they'd gotten from somewhere, and then plant it in his room, all of which greatly benefitted said unknown murderer.

Steven Avery murdered Teresa Halbach. I agree that Brendan's confession isn't highly reliable and I'm uncertain the extent of his involvement but I have zero doubt that Steven killed her.

Brendan currently has a 2254 habeas petition pending in the Eastern District of Wisconsin. Often times large portions of the state trial record are filed in those cases but I'm not certain if that's happened yet in his case.

The probable cause statement for Brendan linked earlier states the cuffs and restraints were found inside Avery's house. I'm not sure where the idea they were in the burn barrel comes from.

I'm playing devils advocate. An alternative scenario is that someone else who lives on the Avery property murdered Teresa, hid her car and burned her body. The police then, through either tunnel vision or hostility, planted evidence to directly implicate Steven. How did the Toyota key have none of Teresa's DNA? They could have put Steven's on it by rubbing it in his slippers. Why was the key found after multiple searches of the bedroom? And only when Lenk's present? How was the bullet with her DNA only found like 6 months later? The key and the bullet are the only two items that connect Teresa to the inside of Steven's house. Did police investigate other people or houses on the Avery property? No. Well besides Brendan because they wanted Brendan to testify against Steven.

Oh, and Steven's blood in her car. That's pretty bad for him. If not for the dodgy vial of blood I would probably be sold on his guilt because of that.

I agree with this as well.

Let me ask you this. Is it ideal that in the case of law enforcement being corrupt, that whoever potentially might have committed the crime should get a pass ?

I think that's something that's not being evaluated here. I see law enforcement's corruption and this murder as two separate topics. Avery deserves a fair and just trial, which is why I would support him being freed to get that.

I believe that a real investigation needs to take place. That could exonerate Avery completely. An investigation that doesn't ignore everyone else who potentially could have been involved in this murder - bobby, scott, ex boyfriend, roommate, etc -- how can there be justice for terry if those people aren't properly investigated ?

That's what I am getting at. I get that avery was wronged here, I truly do. But I don't know if he is innocent even still.

So is this about making sure we find terry's killer or is it about corruption and avery ? for many, I think it's about the later. For me, I am fine with the corruption being handled and avery being freed. But I want to get answers about what happened that day and if avery was involved. that's just me.
I definitely don't think he or anyone else deserves a pass per se, but they do deserve a fair trial where you don't have the man (Colborn) who hid/sat on information that could have freed you also investigating a murder charge against you. It was conflict of interest on so many levels.

I think he deserves a trial with people NOT associated with the state of Wisconsin, as weird as that sounds.

To me it is about both police corruption and finding her murderer. They are intertwined. How can cases be handled honest and open mindedly when LE has a suspect in mind and not willing to explore other avenues, as they did to him the first time with the rape charge. She would have never gotten true justice from the rape crime as the wrong man was in jail.

This is an old article covering the highlights of Avery's trial. I don't see anything from the prosecution that wasn't shown in the documentary.

I don't remember seeing this from the defense side though - a guy delivering propane to the property on the 31st of October saw a green SUV leaving the property at 3:30, about the same time the bus driver says she saw a woman taking photos :dunno:

http://m.lacrossetribune.com/breaki...57e6-927a-521f7d2d52c6.html?mobile_touch=true

The probable cause statement for Brendan linked earlier states the cuffs and restraints were found inside Avery's house. I'm not sure where the idea they were in the burn barrel comes from.

I'm playing devils advocate. An alternative scenario is that someone else who lives on the Avery property murdered Teresa, hid her car and burned her body. The police then, through either tunnel vision or hostility, planted evidence to directly implicate Steven. How did the Toyota key have none of Teresa's DNA? They could have put Steven's on it by rubbing it in his slippers. Why was the key found after multiple searches of the bedroom? And only when Lenk's present? How was the bullet with her DNA only found like 6 months later? The key and the bullet are the only two items that connect Teresa to the inside of Steven's house. Did police investigate other people or houses on the Avery property? No. Well besides Brendan because they wanted Brendan to testify against Steven.

Oh, and Steven's blood in her car. That's pretty bad for him. If not for the dodgy vial of blood I would probably be sold on his guilt because of that.

I think it's very possible that the killer was not avery but someone else in the immediate area. No one was ruled out, because no one was investigated.

Bobby and Scott testifying against Avery. I could see their motive being to incriminate avery and distance attention from them.

roommate and ex boyfriend likely heard about avery's towel incident(s) from teresa

Chuck and Earl could easily commit the crime and expect steven would be likely suspect.

Which is why I say again - knowing whether or not it's true that avery specifically requested halbach to come to the property is a very important detail. Doesn't mean he did it, but deserves investigation to understand if that is accurate. It's also important to understand if hallbach was uncomfortable around him and why.

let me theorize a bit more. In the documentary we hear from defense about a mystery caller who teresa was ignoring and seemed to say called often. What if that was Steve Avery ? We don't know who it was. But what if it was ?

Lets take a step further. What if avery did attack teresa while she was out there taking pictures. Doesn't he now have her phone ? Can he not then delete voice mails ? We know that their was voice mails missing. right ? Wouldn't that also explain why Steven used a fake name supposedly to summon her to the property ?

Not saying this is how it happened, but given that we are never told who that caller was... isn't it possible ? This is why I say, I cannot rule avery out until this stuff about the auto trader and terry gets clarified. Which might never happen.

This is an old article covering the highlights of Avery's trial. I don't see anything from the prosecution that wasn't shown in the documentary.

I don't remember seeing this from the defense side though - a guy delivering propane to the property on the 31st of October saw a green SUV leaving the property at 3:30, about the same time the bus driver says she saw a woman taking photos :dunno:

http://m.lacrossetribune.com/breaki...57e6-927a-521f7d2d52c6.html?mobile_touch=true

Not sure what that would mean without more details. Delivering propane to Avery himself ? What is to be inferred from this ?

An example is the teenage girl that said brendan was crying. that got mentioned in the documentary and then that she later recanted. right ? That's an example of the documentary giving an explanation for evidence that points towards the police narrative...

What the docu-series left out was the Prosecution's witness that followed.

The press reported:

"Prosecutors followed [Kayla Avery's] testimony with that of Susan Brandt, who worked an internship as a counselor at Mishicot middle and high schools in early 2006... Brandt said Kayla Avery told her and a Mishicot counselor in January 2006 that 'she was scared because her uncle Steven Avery had asked one of her cousins to help move a body.' The girl didn't specify which of her cousins allegedly helped Avery, Brandt said, and she was scared but not 'confused.'"

IMO such a witness bolsters the State's claim that Kayla had in fact said what she said, and might be reversing herself at trial to save her cousin from life in prison.

I don't think it means to Steven himself. Just noting that there was another possible witness in the vicinity at the crucial time. I'm thinking it could have been Teresa leaving if the propane guy confused green and blue. If not Teresa, who was driving the green SUV? Is this an unknown person? Another lead not followed up on? Maybe Bobby or Scott? You're right, certainly need more info to know what it means. But it jumped out to me because it was about the same time that the bus driver reported.

What the docu-series left out was the Prosecution's witness that followed.

The press reported:

"Prosecutors followed [Kayla Avery's] testimony with that of Susan Brandt, who worked an internship as a counselor at Mishicot middle and high schools in early 2006... Brandt said Kayla Avery told her and a Mishicot counselor in January 2006 that 'she was scared because her uncle Steven Avery had asked one of her cousins to help move a body.' The girl didn't specify which of her cousins allegedly helped Avery, Brandt said, and she was scared but not 'confused.'"

IMO such a witness bolsters the State's claim that Kayla had in fact said what she said, and might be reversing herself at trial to save her cousin from life in prison.

Good find. I remember reading about this after seeing the documentary, but never saw the name and details. I honestly can't understand why Kayla would lie about this, it's one of those strange details about this case. Whats even odder is this gets said in January 2006 -- but when does this get reported to police. Shouldn't that be like THAT DAY!!

I don't think it means to Steven himself. Just noting that there was another possible witness in the vicinity at the crucial time. I'm thinking it could have been Teresa leaving if the propane guy confused green and blue. If not Teresa, who was driving the green SUV? Is this an unknown person? Another lead not followed up on? Maybe Bobby or Scott? You're right, certainly need more info to know what it means. But it jumped out to me because it was about the same time that the bus driver reported.
Yeah, I read the list fully and it seems to be a lead that could have been followed up on. But if he did see her vehicle leaving that's a huge piece of evidence. Definitely would want to know more about him.

If he was guilty, wouldn't he just say he didn't see anyone leaving as it would further implicate avery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone