Netherlands Netherlands - Teteringen, BlkFem 315UFNET, 15-20, 'Meisje van Teteringen', prob. Morrocan, Dec'90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By the way, I can’t find our JD on the unidentified police page anymore, but when I search the entire site she’s still there. A bit odd, IMO, because she’s always been on the unidentified page.
Yes, I noticed that too and tried to find a reason for that or criteria. I saw there are more unidentified persons "transferred" to the section 'wanted or missing' Wanted & Missing | politie.nl. Some of them are in both sections of the site (in 'unidentified' and 'wanted or missing' with a file about the case). At first I thought this are solely criminal cases but there are also missing person's cases where a crime is possible but not necessarily. I'm not totally sure why they arranged it like this.

In the explanation is this:

Files <dossiers>​

In these investigations, the police are asking for your help to solve the case. You can give tips or indicate how you think the case went (what is the scenario?). You will then be kept informed of new developments in the case.

What they actually are saying is that they need help from the public to solve this cases.

My interpretation: this are not only unidentified persons, but the Dutch police want to know the identity, the circumstances surrounding a case and hasn't been able to find more leads to solve it. This are mostly cases with a criminal element.

Other thoughts/interpretations?

This should be a direct link to the girl found in Teteringen. *Warning PM picture at link*

https://www.https://www.politie.nl/en/wanted-and-missingpolitie.nl/gezocht-en-vermist/dossiers/2018/08-teteringen-jonge-vrouw-dood-aangetroffen-in-bos/jonge-vrouw-aangetroffen-in-bos-teteringen.html

ETA
The url isn't working though. ???? Just copy pasted it.

Last edited:
May 2023

1683834721031.png

''Teteringen girl (NL02)

On 25 December 1990, Christmas Day, the body of a young woman was found in the woods near Teteringen, near Breda. It has never been made clear who she is. However, it is clear that she was killed and probably severely neglected and mistreated before her death. Via the link you can find more information about the case. On the case page there are photos that can be experienced as shocking.''
1683834871578.png
1683834906089.png

Operation Identify Me: Seeking the names of unidentified victims of murder
Case name: Teteringen Girl
Case code: 2023-NL02

• Date of death (estimated): December 1990
  • Date of discovery: 25 December 1990
  • Location: The Netherlands: Near Galgestraat and the Cadettenkamp area in Teteringen
  • Sex: Female
  • Estimated year of birth: 1965 - 1975
  • Estimated age: Between 15 and 25 years old
  • Height: 163 cm
  • Skin tone: Olive skin
  • Hair colour: Probably very dark grey-brown hair, nearly black, with colour change to mid-brown or auburn near the top
  • Eye colour: Unknown
  • Clothing: The victim was dressed in a red turtleneck sweater of the brand "Carine" and burgundy red corduroy trousers (brand unknown). The victim was not wearing shoes, socks or underwear.
  • Tattoos, birth marks, scars: Unknown
  • Jewellery: None found

The case​

On 25 December 1990, the body of a young woman was found in the woods in Teteringen, near Breda, in the Netherlands. Her identity was never established. However, it is clear that she was killed and had probably been neglected and abused before her death. The body was found close to the A27 motorway near Breda, less than a 30-minute drive from the Belgian border.

Characteristics​

For at least five years before her death, the victim probably lived in the Netherlands or a similar country (most likely in central Europe, such as Belgium, Luxembourg, France or Germany).

Based on photos of the victim and technical information from police experts, a drawing was made showing what the girl or woman would have looked like when she was still alive. When the victim was found she had short hair, but it is possible that she had previously had longer hair. When she was found, she was very thin and emaciated.

The body was wrapped in several rugs and blankets.

Contact
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the Dutch national police via the form below.

You can also contact them and view this case on their national police website.

1683863831918.png
Location where victim was found, near the Cadettenkamp area in Teteringen, the Netherlands

1683863891928.png
Location where victim was found

1683863913639.png

Victim's clothing

1683863930537.png
Lace wrap

This is a case I started watching after seeing it mentioned on Interpol. It's stunning to me that DNA has tied her to a diaspora community in a specific city, and yet she cannot be identified. Add that to the memorials people put up with her name and face being taken down by vandals...someone knows who she is, I think. I'd say more, but I know this community is very careful with its words.

This is a case I started watching after seeing it mentioned on Interpol. It's stunning to me that DNA has tied her to a diaspora community in a specific city, and yet she cannot be identified. Add that to the memorials people put up with her name and face being taken down by vandals...someone knows who she is, I think. I'd say more, but I know this community is very careful with its words.
Wondering if the UID Doe might not be recognized in the community because in life, she was possibly hidden under a burka?
Would a sketch showing the Doe covered up possibly ring a bell with somebody? speculation, imo.

Wondering if the UID Doe might not be recognized in the community because in life, she was possibly hidden under a burka?
Would a sketch showing the Doe covered up possibly ring a bell with somebody? speculation, imo.
I think it would be very difficult to identify anyone in a proper burqa since it doesn't even leave the eyes showing clearly, and a quick research run says that type of hijab was uncommon in Belgium before it was banned. Morocco doesn't have mandatory hijab or bans on it, though -- but maybe she came from an observant family.

35 years ago, someone in a burka would stand out like a house on fire in the wide area around Breda.

Nowadays, the burka is (partially) banned from public life in Denmark, Austria, France, Belgium, Bulgaria, Gemany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.

35 years ago, someone in a burka would stand out like a house on fire in the wide area around Breda.

Nowadays, the burka is (partially) banned from public life in Denmark, Austria, France, Belgium, Bulgaria, Gemany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
The term i should have used was hijab, not a burka. Would a hijab be possible?
''‘Hijab’ is often a generic term for the attire that Muslim women wear to cover their heads as a religious practice. Today, the term also refers to an item of clothing that covers a woman’s head (and often neck), leaving the face uncovered.''

I wish the Dutch police could contact @othram

Hi @9glenn9 and @othram

A few points for clarification.

This is a case in Europe. Genetic genealogy is far less popular in Europe than in the US.
On top of that, the girl from Teteringen probably belongs to a segment of the population that makes even less use of GEDMatch and similar websites. Chances of finding her through these databases are slim IMO.

The Dutch Police makes use of the Dutch DNA criminal database, the DNA missing persons database and the judicial DNA databases of other European countries (INTERPOL).
The Public Prosecutor's Office is preparing a pilot project of two cases in which they will make uses of US databases like GEDMatch in the hope of identifying a victim of one cold case, and the perpetrator of another cold case. They have not named the cases.

From the official statement:

Since the ancestors of many US residents originate from Europe, it is possible that distant relatives of unknown suspects or unknown victims in Dutch criminal cases may also be found through the US databases.

IMO they may get lucky, but chances are that this will be more complicated. If they find one or more relatives in the US, they will have to trace them back to the point where their ancestor arrived in the Americas, and then from that point down on the other continent. If that is doable without another reference point in Europe or Northern Africa, I don't know.
(The search across two continents for the Mad Trapper of Rat River comes to mind ;) )

IMO as of now, the best chance of identifying the Teteringen girl by genetics would be when someone reports her missing and leaves DNA in the Europena database for Missing Persons, or if a relative commits a crime that has his / her DNA entered into the system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back