Netherlands Netherlands - Utrecht CS, BlkMale, 40-50, 9th June 2020, train from Germany

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dutchhelp

Reaction score
man-utrecht-cs-onbekend.jpg

Length: 1.70 meter
Build: Thin posture
Hair: bald/short grey hair
Clothing:
  • Blue/white/red checkered jacket from the Collider brand. On the back at the bottom the print Nothing Will
  • Black body warmer
  • White shirt
  • dark jeans designed by Abercombie and Fitch
  • red sneakers
  • black cap
  • Green mouth mask (picture looks more blue though)
  • Watch of the brand Police
On Tuesday the 9th of June, 18:45 a deceased Black male was found at Utrecht Centraal Station. The death is a suspected suicide.

Camera footage shows the man arrived at Amsterdam Central station at 13:30 with the ICE from Frankfurt, and then traveled via Amsterdam Amstel Station to Utrecht Central Station.
He likely traveled from the direction of Germany. The red plastic bag in the image was not found back. The man had no identifying papers or things with him and had a neat appearance.

Dutch police listing, with Post mortem picture: Utrecht, Centraal Station | politie.nl

Pictures of the clothing:
linker-borst-vest.jpg

adidas.jpg

boerenpetje.jpg

gesp-broekriem.jpg

What's strange is his travel.
I just checked and the ICE (fast international train) from Frankfurt to Amsterdam CS stops in the Netherlands at Arnhem, Utrecht CS and Amsterdam. It's strange that the man first went to Amsterdam CS and then back to Utrecht CS.

It indicates the man was found at 18:45, a news article mentioned he died jumping in front of a train at a platform.
He spoke/addressed a person at Amsterdam Station around 13:30. He arrived in Utrecht CS 14.21 with the Den Helder train (from Amsterdam).

What's strange is his travel.
I just checked and the ICE (fast international train) from Frankfurt to Amsterdam CS stops in the Netherlands at Arnhem, Utrecht CS and Amsterdam. It's strange that the man first went to Amsterdam CS and then back to Utrecht CS.

It indicates the man was found at 18:45, a news article mentioned he died jumping in front of a train at a platform.
He spoke/addressed a person at Amsterdam Station around 13:30. He arrived in Utrecht CS 14.21 with the Den Helder train (from Amsterdam).

Yes, that's indeed strange...maybe he missed the stop for whatever reason and had to take a train back to Utrecht. But why Utrecht.....he could have jumped before a train in Amsterdam. Don't see the logic right now. I can only think of he met somebody, hoped to see somebody in Utrecht (maybe a supposed lover he met through internet) but it didn't turned out ok.... and he jumped on the way back.

Maybe there was a present in the red bag?

Last edited:
man-utrecht-cs-onbekend.jpg

Length: 1.70 meter
Build: Thin posture
Hair: bald/short grey hair
Clothing:
  • Blue/white/red checkered jacket from the Collider brand. On the back at the bottom the print Nothing Will
  • Black body warmer
  • White shirt
  • dark jeans designed by Abercombie and Fitch
  • red sneakers
  • black cap
  • Green mouth mask (picture looks more blue though)
  • Watch of the brand Police
On Tuesday the 9th of June, 18:45 a deceased Black male was found at Utrecht Centraal Station. The death is a suspected suicide.

Camera footage shows the man arrived at Amsterdam Central station at 13:30 with the ICE from Frankfurt, and then traveled via Amsterdam Amstel Station to Utrecht Central Station.
He likely traveled from the direction of Germany. The red plastic bag in the image was not found back. The man had no identifying papers or things with him and had a neat appearance.

Dutch police listing, with Post mortem picture: Utrecht, Centraal Station | politie.nl

Pictures of the clothing:
linker-borst-vest.jpg

adidas.jpg

boerenpetje.jpg

gesp-broekriem.jpg

Thanks for making this thread!

Abercrombie & Fitch heeft 339 winkels in de VS, Engeland (Londen), Frankrijk (Parijs), Canada, Italië (Milaan), België (Brussel), Nederland (Amsterdam) , Duitsland (München, Düsseldorf en Hamburg), Denemarken (Kopenhagen), Hong Kong, Ierland (Dublin), Japan (Tokio), Singapore en Spanje (Madrid). In het kader van de merkbeleving zijn de winkelmedewerkers modellen die vooral Abercrombie & Fitch-kleding dragen. Het Europese hoofdkwartier bevindt zich in Milaan.

Abercrombie & Fitch - Wikipedia

POLICE Watches

When the POLICE brand was launched in Italy in 1983, it was one of the very first companies to turn sunglasses into a fashion statement. Throughout the 1980’s, these stylish and sophisticated sunglasses became famous worldwide. As the company grew, it quickly expanded its iconic eyewear brand into a popular range of fragrances, clothing and watches. POLICE Watches were launched in 2003 and quickly became a major component of the overall POLICE brand personality.

I could not identify the jacket online. It seems to be a knock off or from an unknown brand. I got no hits for the brand "collider". A search for "Nothing will" and "Swansea" also returned nothing.

For the plastic bag, i am wondering what could be written on it. I enlarged the picture and it does not resemble the logo of any brand or shop I can recognize. Could it be that it says Dutyfree and this guy came from Frankfurt airport?

I could not identify the jacket online. It seems to be a knock off or from an unknown brand. I got no hits for the brand "collider". A search for "Nothing will" and "Swansea" also returned nothing.

For the plastic bag, i am wondering what could be written on it. I enlarged the picture and it does not resemble the logo of any brand or shop I can recognize. Could it be that it says Dutyfree and this guy came from Frankfurt airport?

The brand 'collider'...hmmm very mysterious. No hits indeed.

DPG Media Privacy Gate

Who is mysterious dead at Utrecht CS? And why did he have a huge amount of money with him?

Who is the middle-aged man who ended his life in colorful clothes and with a mouth mask on Tuesday 9 June at Utrecht Central Station? Utrecht detective Diederick Lambers has been doing everything he can to give him a name for months.

July 9. Exactly a month after the unknown man in cheerful clothes, after wandering around for hours at Utrecht Central station, decides to jump on platform 18 for the incoming train at 6.45 pm, Detective Diederick Lambers is standing at his grave.

A funeral director reads F. Starik 's poem Farewell to a Stranger.

A man died and I don't know who he is. Who he was. What, why or how. A man died and I don't even know why. It doesn't matter either. I don't know his age or his name.

<snip>

What was his last trip like, that day? For hours, employees of the Dutch Railways (NS) watched camera images and discovered that the unknown man had traveled from Germany to Amsterdam on the high-speed train ICE. During that trip he passes the cathedral city for the first time, but does not get off yet.

Detective Diederick Lambers:
"Even though we don't know his name, he's human and must have family and friends somewhere who miss him"

Lambers knows that the man boarded in Cologne, thanks to the help of his German colleagues. “His striking clothing made work a lot easier. The German police found the man on images from Cologne station. That is our last open end. Which train did he take to Cologne? We don't even know if the man is from Germany. ”

Images also show that the man at Amsterdam Centraal is talking to an NS employee around 1.30 pm. “I spoke to the employee, but he talks to so many people every day that he cannot remember the conversation with the man. My hope was that he still remembered the language in which the man had spoken to him. Or that he might have bought a ticket with his debit card. Then I would have had it at last. ”

The man takes another train in Amsterdam and gets off in Utrecht. “He wanders around the station for hours. He's still talking to a homeless man. We tracked him down, but he couldn't remember anything either. In images it seems as if the man is handing something over to the homeless person. Maybe his phone. We do not know."

Plastic bag
Then the man on platform 18 walks into the blind spot of the camera. “Due to the position of his feet, we were able to check later that he was standing in front of a waste bin. The red plastic bag he always carried with him was suddenly gone. Shortly afterwards he jumps in front of the train. When we found out after a day that he probably threw his bag away, the bin was already emptied. There was also nothing with the found objects. ”

Lambers thought for a long time about what could be in the red bag. ,,We will never know. We found a gigantic amount of money in his pocket. More than a thousand euros in banknotes. They were all consecutive numbers from the same series, so he pinned the money somewhere. We just don't know where. ”

His DNA and fingerprints are also passed through the European database, but without result. “We took his body through a forensic scan to find out whether he had a prosthesis, for example. That could have given us new information. But nothing again.”

The police soon decide it is time to enlist the help of the public. They share a photo of the deceased man online, taken in the morgue, hoping someone recognizes his face. “The tips could be counted on the fingers of one hand. One tip seemed to be serious and involved someone's ex-partner. But that also led to nothing. No one has come forward who is looking for a man with his description.”

<snip>

Yet Lambers consoles himself with the thought that the unknown man himself made the choice to end his life. “It's sad, but it's his choice. Maybe he didn't want to be found either, so he threw away his bag. This case has intrigued me terribly. We are left with many questions. What was that money for? It remains guesswork."

Why couldn't they trace which bank those consecutive bills came from?

Did he seem to be wandering aimlessly or looking for someone in particular?

Why couldn't they trace which bank those consecutive bills came from?

Did he seem to be wandering aimlessly or looking for someone in particular?

Very interesting remarks @ChatteringBirds especially the bills. Also there are camera's placed with pin machines....also no CCTV footage found?

Very interesting remarks @ChatteringBirds especially the bills. Also there are camera's placed with pin machines....also no CCTV footage found?

By pin machines do you mean bank ATM machines? From where do you think they could be missing CCTV footage? It does seem they have what they could get from the train stations, or am I missing something?

By pin machines do you mean bank ATM machines? From where do you think they could be missing CCTV footage? It does seem they have what they could get from the train stations, or am I missing something?

Yes, sorry I mean an ATM machine (Dutch language was "shining through" :oops:)

i feel like they haven’t done the max amount of research on this case. also bump & merry christmas to all my fellow sleuthers! <3

Bumping up in memory of this John Doe. I hope he'll be identified soon. I feel he was waiting for someone who was supposed to help him start a new life in Europe but either that person didn't show up or he couldn't find them. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back