Netherlands Netherlands - Utrecht CS, BlkMale, 40-50, 9th June 2020, train from Germany

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have submitted a possible match to the Dutch police today.
Smarts Roberto G., 41 years old, is missing from Germany since April 2020.
A photo and more data can be found at :
Niederkrüchten - vermisste Person | Polizei NRW

I guess it's not him and he is probably found. The link is no longer in use and the missing persons file seems to be gone.

Dear visitor,
You tried to access an invalid page. The address you requested no longer exists on our server or never existed at this address.

When I saw the bag, I thought it looked like the Argos logo. I'm not so sure having seen subsequent pictures, though, I think the white line goes up too far. If it is an Argos logo, that would be significant, as I believe Argos only operates in the UK and Ireland. I did have a quick search and came across Edah, a Dutch supermarket chain with a pretty similar logo. That also seems unlikely despite him dying in the Netherlands, since they went out of business in 2008. So unless it's a very old bag, that also seems to be a dead end.

When I saw the bag, I thought it looked like the Argos logo. I'm not so sure having seen subsequent pictures, though, I think the white line goes up too far. If it is an Argos logo, that would be significant, as I believe Argos only operates in the UK and Ireland. I did have a quick search and came across Edah, a Dutch supermarket chain with a pretty similar logo. That also seems unlikely despite him dying in the Netherlands, since they went out of business in 2008. So unless it's a very old bag, that also seems to be a dead end.
You might be right. It's so hard to see.

1665235430242.png

Somehow I have the feeling this man was trafficked from an African Country into Italy and from there to North-Europe, through a smuggler. Maybe he still owned them money, maybe he wanted to "buy out" a family member, his wife, child, who-ever that was hold captured by the smugglers and they blackmailed him, but the "deal" was called off for whatever reason or the smugglers didn't show up, gave him the run around. He wandered around for hours on the station. Maybe he was waiting, searching....and gave up. The money still in his pocket.

Could also be a situation where he suspected to see his child after a long long time, that lives in the Netherlands with his ex wife. Maybe the money was alimony he wanted to give the mother he had to work for first. And she and the child(ren) never showed. The money still in his pocket.

Total unrelated I'd imagine but the project leader of the Hadron collider, professor Lyn Evans graduated from Swansea university.

His jacket is quite unique. I have been looking for fabric with that specific plaid pattern and found nothing online not even with other colors.
Also looked for similar jackets in popular brands in Europe and in large online retailers such as Amazon, Shein, Aliexpress and found nothing.
Majority of plaid hoodies don't have text and do not have a different material in the cuffs and waistband. So, he is wearing a very unusual jacket that could definitely help identify him if we knew where it came from. I am guessing it is not from a major brand and not a lot of those were produced.
Using google image search I was able to find this hoodie sold by Uniqlo (no sale date available since it was in a second hand reseller for 60$) that resembles his jacket. However this Uniqlo jacket has no text in the back and no lining in the hoodie part. Uniqlo has shops in both Germany and Netherlands.

uniqlo.jpg

You might be right. It's so hard to see.

View attachment 371793

According to wikimedia "shopping bags in the Netherlands" section (i just found out this exists), Edah bags are/were like this
Edah_shopping_bag,_Winschoten_(2019)_01.jpg
By Donald Trung Quoc Don (Chữ Hán: 徵國單) - Wikimedia Commons - © CC BY-SA 4.0 International.(Want to use this image?)Original publication : --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News ) (WikiProject Numismatics ) (Articles ) 18:48, 3 September 2019 (UTC) - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, File:Edah shopping bag, Winschoten (2019) 01.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

This is not similar to his bag. I was thinking that maybe it is a bag from Fissler - a major cookware brand. Their logo looks like this:

fissler.png

His jacket is quite unique. I have been looking for fabric with that specific plaid pattern and found nothing online not even with other colors.
Also looked for similar jackets in popular brands in Europe and in large online retailers such as Amazon, Shein, Aliexpress and found nothing.
Majority of plaid hoodies don't have text and do not have a different material in the cuffs and waistband. So, he is wearing a very unusual jacket that could definitely help identify him if we knew where it came from. I am guessing it is not from a major brand and not a lot of those were produced.
Using google image search I was able to find this hoodie sold by Uniqlo (no sale date available since it was in a second hand reseller for 60$) that resembles his jacket. However this Uniqlo jacket has no text in the back and no lining in the hoodie part. Uniqlo has shops in both Germany and Netherlands.

View attachment 375820
The jacket: maybe it's customized by himself or somebody else with iron on patches? I searched for the word Sivansea but couldn't find it. Also not in another language. Somehow it feels like some kind of prayer to enlighten himself or the world. Or am I totally crazy?

The jacket: maybe it's customized by himself or somebody else with iron on patches? I searched for the word Sivansea but couldn't find it. Also not in another language. Somehow it feels like some kind of prayer to enlighten himself or the world. Or am I totally crazy?

I think it says Swansea, which is a city in Wales. The rest just seems like nonsense, definitely the kind of stuff you see on cheap shirts in Asia and sometimes Africa. Like how shirts in the US or UK might have random Asian words on and for someone who speaks that language it's probably nonsense, it just looks cool to someone who doesn't know the language. In some countries having random English phrases on clothes just looks cool, doesn't matter what it says.

I definitely agree that it could have been customised. The fonts are all different, like he (or someone else) just got a pack of iron-on patches and picked some out at random because they looked cool together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back