New book coming out by Paula Woodward

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I bought J. Kolar's book, and find it most notable for the evidence it presents that is factual and verifiable from the documentation on the case. I also read the book by FBI profiler John Douglas who was hired by the Ramseys and proclaims their innocence (OK, I've read them all, but am just mentioning these two). Douglas's rose colored glasses regarding the Ramseys' involvement in the case was a real disappointment when I read his book-- Douglas holds as fact some of the most questionable evidence-- believing in the stun gun theory, the basement entry, etc. What really killed Douglas's credibility for me was when he totally bit on John Mark Karr as the killer. I saw an interview with him right after Karr was arrested, and Douglas was warning that Karr " might try to feign mental illness." (don't have the cite, but Google it)

My most obvious issue with the Intruder theory is that it just doesn't explain the ransom note. The 'practice" pad, the handwriting comparison, the length of the note itself, the phrasing of the note, the note being directed to JR, the $118K ransom amount, and the "terms" the "kidnappers" set-- to me, none of this makes sense except under the RDI theory.

Second, regardless of what the hired guns said, my "personal opinion only" is that there was a decided LACK of true cooperation by the Ramseys . I'm an attorney and I know what cooperation with the authorities looks like, and to me, it wasn't there. The Boulder PD, with their lack of experience in homicides and their view of the Ramseys as pillars of the community , were at a disadvantage from the start-- the Ramsey defense team was in place and the walls were up from the minute the police were called. In today's world, I would like to think that the family would have been separated immediately and statements taken. The house would have been treated as a crime scene immediately, with the family removed and a thorough search of the house done.

Also, it seems the proponents of the intruder theory embrace the basement window entry-- despite the spider webs on the window and the suitcase placed so it appeared someone tried to use it to climb out the basement window, and lack of evidence showing that it was even possible for someone to escape the house that way. Although there have indeed been cases where an intruder did enter a house and kidnap a child ( Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart) , in those cases no one bothered with a ransom note-- they were there to kidnap, rape and kill, and that's what they did, but NOT ON THE PREMISES-- they grabbed the kid and got the hell out of there.

The Ramseys had good legal counsel in the early stages of the investigation, followed their attorneys' advice, and therefore controlled all their statements and interviews. Once the basic "story" was set by the Ramseys, all they had to do was stick to it, not embellish it, and let their attorneys deflect the rest of the evidence.

And as for Lou Smit-- he was indeed a respected investigator, but if an investigator is out there praying with the suspects, doesn't that affect objectivity on the most basic level? Plus, the stun gun theory, which was advanced by Smit and "hired gun" Douglas, has been conclusively disproved-- the Kolar book has some nice photographs showing the difference in the marks made by the stun guns vs. what was measured on the body at the autopsy-- the prongs of the device are a different distance apart from the marks on the body.

So, I won't be checking out any pro Ramsey book on this case. If you want to see a decent analysis of some of the evidence , check out Kolar's Foreign Faction book. I found out about the book here at WS and am glad I took the time to read it. At this point, I don't see anything changing about the case, as the Boulder PD sure doesn't seem to want anything else to do with it. The case is done, and it's sad-- somebody got away with murder of a little girl. All LE can do is learn from this case and apply it to future cases involving a child's death in the home.

:goodpost:

Great post! Welcome to websleuths, looking forward to more posts from you.

"Once the basic "story" was set by the Ramseys, all they had to do was stick to it, not embellish it, and let their attorneys deflect the rest of the evidence."-- So true.

otg,
Thanks. For a moment I thought it was SuperDave. I wonder if DocG has anything to say about BR's presence during the 911 call and JR's remarks?

Since his theory relies on JR being unable to prevent PR from dialling 911 and messing up his master plan.

I don’t read DocG’s blog on a regular basis for reasons I don’t need to go into. I’m familiar with his theory and why he believes he’s “solved it”. But seeing how he arrives at much of what thinks, I don’t agree with his conclusions. His idea on the meaning of Burke’s voice on the 911 call is a good example of exactly this.

On this page of his blog, he says the following:
As for the 911 call, I've never been able to hear anything remotely like either John or Burke's voice on that recording, I think that story is a myth. Even if Burke's voice IS on the recording (which I doubt) all it tells us is that he was present when the call was made -- so what? How does that make him guilty of murder?
So since he has not heard it, he thinks it is a "myth". But just in case BR’s voice IS on the recording (which he doubts), the only importance of it he sees is that it means he was present when the call was made -- nothing more.

BTW, if anyone is interested, the first four sections of his eBook are available as a preview. And if you want to ante up the $6, you can read the rest of it -- including such enlightening chapters as “Why I (DocG) Am So Popular” :rolleyes: , “Patsy the Patsy”, and “Fantastic Theories” (which will be anyone else’s theory that disagrees with his).

Attachments

• Ruled IN Chapters.jpg
    Ruled IN Chapters.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 73
Why I Am So Popular...

No but... seriously.... What.

bump!

Originally Posted by Junebug99
This book has all ready being pre ordered by 1000's, and the author didn't have to pay to have her worked published, that speaks volumes to me.

where would one find the info about the number of pre-orders?

bump!

I am interested in that too, redheadedgal. I really wish folks would answer questions that have been posed to them.

JMO

Thanks otg! I had no idea DocG wrote a book. I am shaking my head at some of the chapter titles...Lordy...LOL

JMO
I keep picturing a certain owl when I read some of the chapter titles.

Does anyone here know or remember the Orly Owl? :giggle:

o-rly001.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_RLY?

I don’t read DocG’s blog on a regular basis for reasons I don’t need to go into. I’m familiar with his theory and why he believes he’s “solved it”. But seeing how he arrives at much of what thinks, I don’t agree with his conclusions. His idea on the meaning of Burke’s voice on the 911 call is a good example of exactly this.

On this page of his blog, he says the following:
As for the 911 call, I've never been able to hear anything remotely like either John or Burke's voice on that recording, I think that story is a myth. Even if Burke's voice IS on the recording (which I doubt) all it tells us is that he was present when the call was made -- so what? How does that make him guilty of murder?
So since he has not heard it, he thinks it is a "myth". But just in case BR’s voice IS on the recording (which he doubts), the only importance of it he sees is that it means he was present when the call was made -- nothing more.

BTW, if anyone is interested, the first four sections of his eBook are available as a preview. And if you want to ante up the $6, you can read the rest of it -- including such enlightening chapters as “Why I (DocG) Am So Popular” :rolleyes: , “Patsy the Patsy”, and “Fantastic Theories” (which will be anyone else’s theory that disagrees with his).

otg,
I reckon DocG deftly sidesteps most of the important questions. The R's admitted BR was awake that morning once the details of the 911 call were made public.

A major element of DocG's theory is that PR deviates from the instructions in the RN, something JR, allegedly, never anticipated, yet if he is present at the 911 call, and he read the RN too, why does he not attempt to prevent PR from dialling on the grounds of JonBenet's safety?

Then there is BR's collusion with his parents to fake being asleep when the first responders arrive. What is all that about, where does that fit in with PR's alleged response to reading the RN, i.e. automatically notify the police, contrasted with the premeditated plan to have BR asleep in bed?

DocG's theory is a Jam Tomorrow theory, its all about something that was intended to happen, but never due to the behaviour of an impetuous wife!

bump!

On a fan site! Oh gee Paula W!...I can hardly wait for your wonderful and most intelligent book to be published. I can't wait to be soothed some more. Bring it Paula...

You know that this is what most IDI's are hoping and praying for with PW's book, although they're too shy to admit it.

And that's just my humble old opinion.

"Coming Soon in Books

"Browse our top 50 pre-orders in Books--including both hardcovers and paperbacks--updated weekly."

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Ramsey-Listen-Carefully-Fictions/dp/1617731455/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389366873&sr=8-1&keywords=Listen+mr+ramsey+paula+woodward"]Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully!: Facts, Fictions, Lies, and Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey: Paula Woodward: 9781617731457: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kULu3BdbL.@@AMEPARAM@@41kULu3BdbL[/ame]

There are preorders.. The number may not be released but it is available and I know at least one person who did preorder it. So that begs to reason there are more.

The book hasn't received enough publicity yet to get that many preorders. The only MSM attention has been Daily Camera. Very few books get thousands of preorders....

I find it absolutely hilarious that people will believe info from a book that a reporter wrote, but will not believe info from an actual detective who saw the whole case file.

Since I can't post in the IDI thread, I will ask this question here and maybe(hopefully) get an answer.Another poster wrote in another thread, they couldn't understand why people discount LS, who worked for the DA and "saw it all." Well the same goes for Kolar. He was hired by the DA and "saw it all." Why do people discount his work?? Just asking! TIA

I find it absolutely hilarious that people will believe info from a book that a reporter wrote, but will not believe info from an actual detective who saw the whole case file.

Since I can't post in the IDI thread, I will ask this question here and maybe(hopefully) get an answer.Another poster wrote in another thread, they couldn't understand why people discount LS, who worked for the DA and "saw it all." Well the same goes for Kolar. He was hired by the DA and "saw it all." Why do people discount his work?? Just asking! TIA

You didn't ask me Landonsmom, but I'll answer anyway: Because JK's book flies in the face of their IDI "theories", as does ST's book! Personally, I'm not a BDI, but never the less, he presents legitimate evidence. PERIOD! Since his evidence can't be refuted, then JK is personally attacked by some who question his motives for writing the book. They have to have some way of ignoring hard, cold evidence of RDI. Also, IMO, finding a reporter to be a "credible" source, and a police chief (in another CO town) as not credible, shows a serious lack of judgment and common sense. :facepalm:

To those who discount JK's book: If this book were not true, why wouldn't JR sick his "pit bull"' LW on him? I guess JR is wealthy enough, not to sue, but he could enhance BR's bank account. It makes a statement, to me, that they won't sue because the contents of JK's book cannot be disputed.

To those who discount JK's book: If this book were not true, why wouldn't JR sick his "pit bull"' LW on him? I guess JR is wealthy enough, not to sue, but he could enhance BR's bank account. It makes a statement, to me, that they won't sue because the contents of JK's book cannot be disputed.

Very true, and we know how sue happy JR can be. I don't know that he could sue on behalf of BR, or even BR himself sue, because JK never really came out and said he thought BDI, but he sure got the point across anyway.

Very true, and we know how sue happy JR can be. I don't know that he could sue on behalf of BR, or even BR himself sue, because JK never really came out and said he thought BDI, but he sure got the point across anyway.

Burke would have to be the one to file the lawsuit, since he is an adult now. Since he is still considered a private citizen, he would have an easier time suing for libel or slander than John, who has put himself out there in the media, and became a public figure.

imo, none of the R's will sue 'cause they would then be under the duress of investigations and cross-examinations which would lead to more and more, and more.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back