New Damien Echols Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I truly believe that these 3 were the murderers and that they had the right guys in jail. I also think that hollywood and social media is what got these creeps out of jail. Other than the evidence and info that I have read, this kind of crime never occurred again in that area once these three were in the slammer. Good clue that they were the guilty ones. Its just sick to me that these little boys were so brutally murdered and now their murderers get to walk free.

Not really. Unless you believe this was the work of a highly unusual type of murderer, (ie, a pattern killer), there's no reason to suppose the crime would have been repeated even if the killer remained free. And even if it was the work of a pattern killer - which I do not believe - there's no reason to suppose he would have stayed in that area after the murders either.

Cappucino: I appreciate that thought, I however believe there are many killers who do stay in the same areas and that a random killing like this would belong to only a really sick type of person who would remain in the area and that there would be other killings. I'm not a professional but its just my opinion that they would not have stopped there.

That let's the wm3 out then, unless you can tell me who they've killed in the last 20 years.

That let's the wm3 out then, unless you can tell me who they've killed in the last 20 years.

Hard to kill when your sitting in prison. And even harder to find young victims that are smaller and younger than you in there too. They don't put children of elementary age in there.

No, not really. Murders happen in prison, sadly. Besides all three have been free for nearly three years at this stage.

Yea but even Charles Manson has not killed again in prison. 3 yrs is no big deal and the three know they are being watched to some extent. I know BTK stayed in the area for yrs, there are more but I don't keep that up to date on all of them. Its just my opinion as it seems that most crazy type killers like this seem to keep put, maybe due to a job, a family or something that ties them to the area like the Serial killer in Long Island. Yes there are random cross country killers also but I feel that is more rare.

Yea but even Charles Manson has not killed again in prison.

Plenty of other people have though. If the wm3 were really the kind of compulsive, sick killers you describe in your earlier post the chances are high that at least one of them would have killed again since. Its been 20 years after all, not even BTK controlled himself that long.

I agree that most serial killers stay within their comfort zone, rather than moving all around the country. That, however, is no reason to suppose that whoever was responsible for the West Memphis killings would have stayed in the area in the aftermath. Serial killer or not, if he had any sense he would have got the hell out of dodge, at least for a while.

Plenty of other people have though. If the wm3 were really the kind of compulsive, sick killers you describe in your earlier post the chances are high that at least one of them would have killed again since. Its been 20 years after all, not even BTK controlled himself that long.

I agree that most serial killers stay within their comfort zone, rather than moving all around the country. That, however, is no reason to suppose that whoever was responsible for the West Memphis killings would have stayed in the area in the aftermath. Serial killer or not, if he had any sense he would have got the hell out of dodge, at least for a while.

I guess time will tell then, cause btk could go three yrs also.

Time will tell, indeed. In the meantime, the fact that the killings were not repeated is not evidence that the right people were arrested. Too many unknowns for that to be in any way meaningful.

Time will tell, indeed. In the meantime, the fact that the killings were not repeated is not evidence that the right people were arrested. Too many unknowns for that to be in any way meaningful.

I agree, it is not a for sure thing. By the way, Cappuccino is my favorite beverage. So it makes it hard to argue with you . LOL!

I'm not only refering to WM3 Truth, but rather the evidence compiled in their "The Case Against the WM3", and I do so because I see no point in reinventing the wheel.

Then you can hardly expect replies from others when you're expecting them to go read some other site.

I've yet to find a supporter who will respond to my requests for an argument in favor of reasonable doubt which addresses all the evidence against the convicted. If one ever does I'll read it, whether it is on the Blackboard or otherwise.

Then you need to go back and read 50% of the posts on all the numerous threads. You might disagree with them, but to say that no one has put forth arguments of reasonable doubt which addresses all the evidence is an inaccurate statement.

Yes, and the appellant in that case cited an Arkansas case as you quoted, along with a Connecticut case and a Hawaii case, while the state cited cases from Kansas and Texas along with some from in state. Citing precedent from other states is hardly unusual.

Attorneys cite cases from other jurisdictions when they have no leg to stand on under the law of their own state or it is a case of first impression.

Sure, and the paragraph I previously quoted explains that the court sided against the appellant and in favor of the state.

I figure it would've been upheld, as I consider the reasoning in rulings in other states I've referenced previously to be sound.

The rulings in other states may be sound under their laws. It would not have been upheld in this instance because the trial Judge is bound to follow the law of the State in which he presides as it's handed down by the higher courts or legislature. Whether the trial judge believes the reasoning in other states is more sound or not is irrelevant. He is bound to follow the law of, in this case Arkansas.

Well for instance when CR claimed "anecdotal evidence from the likes of a couple of 'tweens", she was misrepresenting witness reports as if they were simply anecdotes, and ignoring the fact that more than a couple young girls reported witnessing Echols brag about commuting the murders. In reality, Jodee Medford, Jessica Medford, Jackee Medford, Christy VanVickle, and Katie LaFoy all reported witnessing as much at a softball game, and Brandy Wilson reported witnessing the same at the skating rink.

Then the same holds true with your comments about the alibi witnesses.

I truly believe that these 3 were the murderers and that they had the right guys in jail. I also think that hollywood and social media is what got these creeps out of jail. Other than the evidence and info that I have read, this kind of crime never occurred again in that area once these three were in the slammer. Good clue that they were the guilty ones. Its just sick to me that these little boys were so brutally murdered and now their murderers get to walk free.

And it never occurred before while they were on the streets or since then that I'm aware of. I do agree that without the HBO documentary, no light would have been shed on this case and Echols likely would have been put to death already.

And it never occurred before while they were on the streets or since then that I'm aware of. I do agree that without the HBO documentary, no light would have been shed on this case and Echols likely would have been put to death already.

Well killers start somewhere and they were pretty young to be starting down that road. BTW: I don't believe everything that HBO puts on tv, it is for ratings and money. I also don't believe everything on the internet, I try to form my own opinions with what info I can find on my own. I have seen too many tv dramatizations that I know were pumped up and changed just for ratings sakes.

Well killers start somewhere and they were pretty young to be starting down that road. BTW: I don't believe everything that HBO puts on tv, it is for ratings and money. I also don't believe everything on the internet, I try to form my own opinions with what info I can find on my own. I have seen too many tv dramatizations that I know were pumped up and changed just for ratings sakes.

Its a bit of a leap though to start with triple child murder, don't you think? There are people connected to this case whose criminal records were already more serious than anything any of the wm3 got up to prior to May 1993, and have clocked up more crimes since. Two people connected to this case have killed people since, (although neither killing was a murder).

Does anyone think KC Anthony will kill again? Misty Cummings hasn't killed anyone again. Scott Peterson hasn't killed again, yet we know he is guilty, Jodi Arias hasn't killed again but we know about that one too.
I guess what I'm saying is that just because these boys havent killed again in 3 yrs is not an indication of innocence. I also do believe had they been on the streets all these yrs that they would have.
We know Drew Peterson killed again. So is it just a one time thing for some and not others? Or is it once someone has killed they have the inclination to do it again? I'm asking this as a serious question.

Its a bit of a leap though to start with triple child murder, don't you think? There are people connected to this case whose criminal records were already more serious than anything any of the wm3 got up to prior to May 1993, and have clocked up more crimes since. Two people connected to this case have killed people since, (although neither killing was a murder).

It's a bit of a leap, but unfortunately it does happen, kids killing kids and seems to be a worsening trend. I truly think that if Damien did not encourage this act the others would not have followed or been involved. I do believe he was the ring leader of the bunch and talked the others into it.

Does anyone think KC Anthony will kill again? Misty Cummings hasn't killed anyone again. Scott Peterson hasn't killed again, yet we know he is guilty, Jodi Arias hasn't killed again but we know about that one too.
I guess what I'm saying is that just because these boys havent killed again in 3 yrs is not an indication of innocence. I also do believe had they been on the streets all these yrs that they would have.
We know Drew Peterson killed again. So is it just a one time thing for some and not others? Or is it once someone has killed they have the inclination to do it again? I'm asking this as a serious question.

Firstly, its been over 20 years not three years. You can't discount the years they were in prison because we all know people can kill in prison. There has been at least one inmate killed by a fellow prisoner on Varner's Death Row, so even Damien would have had opportunities, the other two more so.

As to the question, I think serial killers are a lot rarer in real life than in fiction. How common they are I don't know. The recidivism rate for murder is far lower than for other crimes, so presumably for most its a one time thing.

Cappucinno: I agree that if you have a desire to kill that prison will not stop you, I do however believe that if your desire to kill involves a younger weaker person, much younger and easy to subdue that you will find it difficult to find this in a prison population. Somewhat like a child molester can't molest while in prison since there are no kids there. They don't want to molest adults, its not the same to them.
I am starting to believe from things I've read lately etc that Serial killers may be more abundant than we would care to believe. I hope I'm wrong but it is frightening to think about. I do believe that murder, as in crimes of passion may be more of a one time thing, but then I look at Drew Peterson and I wonder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back