New Darlie Interview - WFAA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was lurking a little here is what I know-TEXAS WILL LOCK YOU UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY, there are more cases of people on death row in texas that have been proved innocent than anywhere in the country!

Maybe, but fortunately for Texas Darlie is not innocent.

Ahhh, but there are MANY, MANY that would disagree with that.

MANY, Even the lady that wrote the first book, saw the transcript finally and changed her mind -then her son was shot by the local police in her home.....I
live in the area, believe me , this not the first time! Small town politics all over the dallas area!!!!

Ahhh, but there are MANY, MANY that would disagree with that.

Oh, I know.

I think a surprisingly sympathetic press has been helpful to Darlie. She's on DR, I realize, but I've never seen such a [relative] groundswell of support for someone incarcerated on the basis of such strong evidence. The more I research the case, the more certain of her guilt I become. And I started out watching some of the more favorable segments on the case. Despite this treatment, her appeals have been fruitless.

I know there are some people that always tend to err on the side of guilt, and some that don't believe someone is guilty unless they personally watch the crime unfold. I try hard to be objective, and there have been cases where I go to bed thinking about someone who I think has been wrongly convicted. Darlie is not one of those cases.

Different strokes for different folks, I know, but while nothing exculpatory has ever been tested and found to exonerate Darlie, no one has ever been able to explain an outside motive, or explain away the obvious staging. I mean, you can even throw aside the whole "Why was Darlie allowed to survive?" argument. It's just that if you take Daelie out of this, the crime makes no sense. None. It seems like most of the Not Guilty camp doesn't want to believe Darlie could do it, or they point to prior injustices by the state of Texas, or a fingerprint that can't be definitively linked.

Then you read the transcript, and it paints a picture not just of Darlie, but of a crime that cannot logically be linked to anyone else. Who savages two little boys in the same room as an adult and then leaves that adult able to walk around, tend to the children, and call authorities? WHat cold-blooded murderer wouldn't have stabbed her first? Why was Damon trying to escape OUT instead of going toward his mother for her help? Did the killer stand there cleaning the knife before of after an alive and walking Darlie reached for the phone?

I know it's all been said, but evidence aside, I'd love to read statistics on child homicide and see how many cases such as these exist or have existed. Children subject to rage killings in the same room as an adult by a stranger. How many left the adult alive? No robbery, no rape. I can't fathom a motive in terms of a stranger killing. Believe me, I've tried. I still try. I want to believe she didn't do this, but any scenario that subscribes to Darlie's versions of the event strains credulity to the extreme.

Reminds me of the case of Roger Coleman. He was convicted and put to death. But prior to his execution he "had a whole" cult including some very influential people who swore that they were killing and innocent man and that Roger Coleman was "framed" and is being "murdered" by the US.

Well low and behold, after he was executed, more "up to date" tests were done on DNA at the scene of the crime. Guess what. Roger Coleman was a guilty man and was justly sentenced to death, despite what all of his "supporters"claimed"

So again, just because Darlie has "conned" and "manipulated" many, many people into "fighting" for an "innocent" women unjustly convicted of the murder of the two boys who sits on DR "innocent of the crime"
does not mean that Darlie is innocent.

Please......those people are just being "used" by Darlie for her own means and her own ends. After all she is "fighting" for her life and she "never" thought" she could be "caught", let alone convicted and sentenced to death.

In the world where Darlie lives, she "believes" her own hype, PR and her own self serving stories.

hey, I for one do not like darlie,not one bit,I for one do not have a hard time believing a mother could do this,I believe Patsy Ramsey is guilty,I know (duh) Casey is guilty,and so on and so on....I've read the transcripts and I do not believe Darlie is guilty....I've posted about this before so I'm not going to repeat it but one of the reasons I do not believe it is because she is way too vain to have scarred herself,way too vain to have messed up her house like that....I also do not believe darin did it...
...this killing was so brutal,so hateful, ...the only way it would make any kind of sense to me is if either darlie or darin had an affair and that person became obsessed and either darlie or darin broke up with that person and they did it out of jealousy ....

I too thought she was guilty until I saw the pictures that were not shown to the jury. Especially ones of the forearms. Also, her husband had plenty of motive to have his family killed. I don't know this is a tough one. I think atleast it deserves to be reexamined with all the dna testing and that we now have as compared to then.

Patsy Ramsey was ruled out due to DNA, same with the dad. I don't have a hard time believing a mom/parent can do this I just am questioning whether or not she did.

I too thought she was guilty until I saw the pictures that were not shown to the jury. Especially ones of the forearms. Also, her husband had plenty of motive to have his family killed. I don't know this is a tough one. I think atleast it deserves to be reexamined with all the dna testing and that we now have as compared to then.

I agree!!!!!

I agree!!!!!

Reminds me of the case of Roger Coleman. He was convicted and put to death. But prior to his execution he "had a whole" cult including some very influential people who swore that they were killing and innocent man and that Roger Coleman was "framed" and is being "murdered" by the US.

Well low and behold, after he was executed, more "up to date" tests were done on DNA at the scene of the crime. Guess what. Roger Coleman was a guilty man and was justly sentenced to death, despite what all of his "supporters"claimed"

So again, just because Darlie has "conned" and "manipulated" many, many people into "fighting" for an "innocent" women unjustly convicted of the murder of the two boys who sits on DR "innocent of the crime"
does not mean that Darlie is innocent.

Please......those people are just being "used" by Darlie for her own means and her own ends. After all she is "fighting" for her life and she "never" thought" she could be "caught", let alone convicted and sentenced to death.

In the world where Darlie lives, she "believes" her own hype, PR and her own self serving stories.

She cant "con" DNA so whats wrong with looking at ALL the evedence????

I too thought she was guilty until I saw the pictures that were not shown to the jury. Especially ones of the forearms.

Em, that's a fallacy. The photos of all her injuries were shown to the jurors. There's a great deal of testimony from numerous witnesses regarding Darlie's bruises and cuts.

Also, her husband had plenty of motive to have his family killed.

What was his motive? Not the kids' life insurance, because that didn't even cover the cost of the funeral (it was only $5,000 for each boy). Darlie's life insurance? Well, maybe...but leaving her alive wouldn't do him much good, would it.

Nah, this murder was committed to get rid of two little boys, not to get rid of Darlie.

MANY, Even the lady that wrote the first book, saw the transcript finally and changed her mind -then her son was shot by the local police in her home.....

Barbara Davis wrote a book condemning Darlie. A few years later, she claimed Darlie was innocent. Why? Because, Davis said, she never saw photos of Darlie's injuries.

That's a lie. She attended the trial, and those photos were shown to the jurors and made available to anyone in the courtroom (I've looked this up too many times to do it again, but you can find it in the transcript). Davis even described Darlie's bruises and cuts in graphic detail in Precious Angels, published two years after the trial.

That fact is, Davis was hoping to write another book about Darlie. And what better way to boost sales than to say, "I was wrong. Darlie is innocent!" Create a little controversy. Problem is, it backfired on her. People who knew Darlie's case very well asked her to give specific reasons for her change of heart. She couldn't do it. Kept dodging the questions & finally dropped out of sight about 8 years ago.

Barbara Davis's son, Troy, was killed, but it had absolutely nothing to do with Darlie's case.

Does anyone know if there are any videos out there of Darlie giving interviews prior to her arrest? I know KXAS-TV interviewed her on June 14, 1996, the same day as the silly string incident, but I can't find footage of her talking to the camera. Does anyone know? Or did she give any video interviews prior to the trial?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Sue

How could she have done that? She would have had their blood on her and no evidence of blood was found outside the house, apart from the drops on the sock.

Very easy, she took it down there prior to cutting her own throat at the kitchen sink.

MANY, Even the lady that wrote the first book, saw the transcript finally and changed her mind -then her son was shot by the local police in her home.....I
live in the area, believe me , this not the first time! Small town politics all over the dallas area!!!!

Those cases are very rare and it didn't happen here. There is more than enough physical evidence to prove that Darlie and only Darlie murdered her two boys.

The photos were entered into evidence and discussed in front of the jury. It's in the trial transcripts.

Barbara Davis wrote a book condemning Darlie. A few years later, she claimed Darlie was innocent. Why? Because, Davis said, she never saw photos of Darlie's injuries.

That's a lie. She attended the trial, and those photos were shown to the jurors and made available to anyone in the courtroom (I've looked this up too many times to do it again, but you can find it in the transcript). Davis even described Darlie's bruises and cuts in graphic detail in Precious Angels, published two years after the trial.

That fact is, Davis was hoping to write another book about Darlie. And what better way to boost sales than to say, "I was wrong. Darlie is innocent!" Create a little controversy. Problem is, it backfired on her. People who knew Darlie's case very well asked her to give specific reasons for her change of heart. She couldn't do it. Kept dodging the questions & finally dropped out of sight about 8 years ago.

Barbara Davis's son, Troy, was killed, but it had absolutely nothing to do with Darlie's case.

I saw an interview on A&E with one of the jurors he said "he had no idea her injuries were that bad, if he would have known that he would not have voted for a "Guilty" Also if you have ever lived in the surburbs of dallas you would know "good ole boy " the small police departments are ( I have a few cop friends there) They think the same thing Troys shooting WAS in some ways a retalition , He could have been arrested for pot without incendent! hmmm:waitasec:

The photos were entered into evidence and discussed in front of the jury. It's in the trial transcripts.

The transcripts had hundreds of errors, this was admitted pubilicly over and over!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back