DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Last edited:
Last edited:
Coronavirus News: Newark, NJ opens appointment-only drive-thru COVID-19 testing site

Essex County has opened an appointment-only drive-thru coronavirus testing site in Newark. The site is for Essex County residents who are symptomatic and is located in Weequahic Park.

It will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, when 150 tests per day will be administered each day.

Appointments are mandatory, and residents must arrive by car.

Appointments will be scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Those who do not meet the criteria will not receive an appointment. If you are exhibiting severe symptoms, please contact your local health care provider or local health department for guidance.

Residents can visit EssexCOVID.org, where they will be required to complete a short online screening process before an appointment is scheduled.

Residents will be asked several health-related questions and detail any symptoms they have related to the coronavirus. Upon completion of the survey, they will be informed if they are eligible for the screening. If they are eligible, a confirmation number will be provided; residents must bring the confirmation number with them to their appointment.

If someone does not have internet access, they can register by calling the Essex County Office of Emergency Management at 973-324-9950. The call-in center will be open form 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. An operator will help them complete the initial survey and issue the confirmation number. Residents must bring the confirmation number with them to their appointment.

Coronavirus News: Jersey City opens 2 COVID-19 testing sites

Jersey City opened two coronavirus testing sites, one drive-thru and one walk-up. They are located on either side of Jersey City to best accommodate residents.

The first Jersey City testing site is a drive-thru in the southwest section of the city outside of the former DPW complex, located at 575 NJ-440. The drive-thru allows residents to drive up and show proof of address, before being swabbed and driving away.

The second location in the East is walk-up testing site with an expedited process out of the Public Safety Headquarters building located at 465 Marin Boulevard.

Both are by appointment only.

additional testing sites:

Bergen Community College in Paramus.

PNC Arts Center in Monmouth County.

In Union County, testing is available at Kean University.

Hudson County also has testing available at Hudson Regional Hospital in Secaucus by appointment service only, please call 201-388-1097.

Physician notes are not required, but if an individual has a physician's note, they are encouraged to bring it with them.

Coronavirus News: New testing centers opening in New Jersey

NEW JERSEY

Testing centers have opened in several counties, including Bergen, Essex and Passaic. Check here for more New Jersey testing centers and updates

The Union County COVID-19 Test Center at Kean University has implemented a new "telehealth" procedure for persons seeking a COVID-19 test. Union County residents, as well as all first responders and health workers working in the county regardless of residence, can report symptoms and schedule testing by calling 908-373-5105.

Coronavirus Testing: Where to find testing centers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut

NEW JERSEY

N.J. Gov. Phil Murphy to provide coronavirus update: How to watch live. (March 30, 2020)

Murphy, who didn’t hold a daily press conference Sunday for the first time in a couple of weeks, is expected to give the latest coronavirus numbers and comment on other related topics, including perhaps the 40 to 50 person lawn party broken up by Lakewood police on Sunday.

The briefings typically last more than an hour and generally include state Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli, state epidemiologist Dr. Christina Tan, and State Police Superintendent Colonel Patrick Callahan.

More than 13,000 people have been infected by coronavirus in New Jersey this month. At least 161 have been killed.

In a television interview Monday morning, the governor said he expects the social distancing and business closures he ordered earlier this month to “bleed meaningfully into May.”

NEW JERSEY

New Jersey announces 3,347 new coronavirus cases, 37 deaths

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D) announced Monday that the total number of coronavirus cases in the state surged by 3,347 on Monday, with more than three dozen new deaths blamed on the virus being reported.

At a press conference, the governor warned that the rates of infection would be even higher should New Jersey residents ignore social distancing orders.

"I shudder to think what these numbers would be if we hadn't taken the strong stance in terms of social distancing," he said, according to Patch.com.

The total number of cases in the state now sits at more than 16,000, while nearly 200 deaths have been reported. A model generated by state health officials predicts that the number of cases in the state will double in six days should residents ignore orders to avoid public gatherings.

The model generated by state officials also estimates that the state could run out of hospital beds within days.

“This chart is the nightmare scenario we are desperately trying to avoid,” Murphy said, according to the Burlington County Times. “This is why it is absolutely necessary for everyone to stay in unless you need to go out.”

State officials have implemented a number of measures to attempt to control the disease's spread, including closing all nonessential businesses and issuing a statewide stay-at-home order.

NEW JERSEY

Johnson & Johnson Announces a Lead Vaccine Candidate for COVID-19; Landmark New Partnership with U.S. Department of Health & Human Services; and Commitment to Supply One Billion Vaccines Worldwide for Emergency Pandemic Use | Johnson & Johnson

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., March 30, 2020 Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) (the Company) today announced the selection of a lead COVID-19 vaccine candidate from constructs it has been working on since January 2020; the significant expansion of the existing partnership between the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA); and the rapid scaling of the Company’s manufacturing capacity with the goal of providing global supply of more than one billion doses of a vaccine. The Company expects to initiate human clinical studies of its lead vaccine candidate at the latest by September 2020 and anticipates the first batches of a COVID-19 vaccine could be available for emergency use authorization in early 2021, a substantially accelerated timeframe in comparison to the typical vaccine development process.

Mayor Anthony Vaz of Seaside Heights. This may be directed to all coastal towns:

Emergency Order #5, signed today ... prohibits the rental of homes and any other type of rental units within the Borough of Seaside Heights via AirBNB, VRBO, and other online marketplaces. The Order will remain in effect until Governor Murphy lifts the State of Emergency or until further action on the part of OEM Coordinator Hershey or Borough Council. In addition we've asked the Governor's Office to allow municipalities to temporarily suspend all new rentals, and we are awaiting a response. We believe communities - especially coastal communities - need this authority - IMMEDIATELY.

NJ RESIDENTS! Receive Federal Assistance to help with GROCERY PURCHASES during the pandemic.

The NJ Department of Human Services announced that, over the next two months, $70 million in additional SNAP benefits – made available by the federal response bill – will be given to qualified NJ residents to help with grocery purchases. Funds will be loaded directly onto a family’s EBT card.

APPLY at NJHelps and take the screening, you could qualify for cash assistance and health insurance, in addition to the grocery program.

Apply online now, they will schedule a phone interview, and mail you everything no need to go in person.

NEW JERSEY UNEMPLOYMENT AND STIMULUS

The current maximum New Jersey unemployment amount is $677 per week. In addition, those out of work will receive a $600 stimulus per week from the federal government.

In total, New Jersey residents could receive up to: $1277 per week*

Apply here for NJ Unemployment (even if temporary (furlough) or reduced salary): Division of Unemployment Insurance

*Workers who have lost their jobs would receive an additional $600 above their base unemployment compensation. That would last through July, or four additional months, during which time those workers would receive their entire regular take-home pay. It would also apply to self-employed and “gig economy” freelance workers.

Businesses can furlough employers rather than outright lay them off, so that those workers can keep their health benefits while collecting unemployment.

https://njbiz.com/2-trillion-stimulus-package-new-jersey/

UNEMPLOYMENT - NEW YORK

Unemployment Insurance - New York State Department of Labor

The CARES Act was enacted on Friday, March 27, 2020. Please see the CARES Act web page for information about how the Act may affect UI benefits.

Last edited:
I’ve lived on Long Island for 4+ years now, and have a full serve down the street from my house. So I’ve never in my life had to pump my own gas. You can take the girl out of jersey....

anyway, I am concerned for my family members who live in Monmouth and ocean county. I think Lakewood is going to be a MAJOR problem. The cops have already broke up what, 3 weddings? And multiple other gatherings. As if the rules don’t apply there or something. Very concerning.

eta link and quote

Cops find 35 men at Lakewood religious school, charge 2 with violating N.J. coronavirus lockdown, police say

Police have broken up a number of large gatherings in Lakewood this month, including at least three weddings and a lawn party of 40 to 50 people.

As of Sunday afternoon, there were 371 COVID-19 cases in Lakewood, among the highest totals in the state. Ocean County had 835 cases.

I’ve lived on Long Island for 4+ years now, and have a full serve down the street from my house. So I’ve never in my life had to pump my own gas. You can take the girl out of jersey....

anyway, I am concerned for my family members who live in Monmouth and ocean county. I think Lakewood is going to be a MAJOR problem. The cops have already broke up what, 3 weddings? And multiple other gatherings. As if the rules don’t apply there or something. Very concerning.

eta link and quote

Cops find 35 men at Lakewood religious school, charge 2 with violating N.J. coronavirus lockdown, police say

Police have broken up a number of large gatherings in Lakewood this month, including at least three weddings and a lawn party of 40 to 50 people.

As of Sunday afternoon, there were 371 COVID-19 cases in Lakewood, among the highest totals in the state. Ocean County had 835 cases.

I know! I'm very worried about Lakewood, it's in my county. Lakewood is a huge Orthodox Jewish community and Cuomo sent the National Guard to New Rochelle (same problem) and Murphy needs to do the same.

Here is a link to Ocean County's figures, updated every day at about 3pm:

Covid-19 Case Totals – Ocean County Health Department

I know! I'm very worried about Lakewood, it's in my county. Lakewood is a huge Orthodox Jewish community and Cuomo sent the National Guard to New Rochelle (same problem) and Murphy needs to do the same.

Here is a link to Ocean County's figures, updated every day at about 3pm:

Covid-19 Case Totals – Ocean County Health Department

Murphy seems to not want to address or talk about the situation going on in Lakewood. Jmo

NEW JERSEY - testing for all frontline healthcare workers and first responders

Union County’s drive-through testing site is open 6 days a week to all frontline healthcare workers and first responders from across NJ.

If you’re experiencing symptoms and believe you need to be tested, visit ucnj.org for info on making an appointment.

Last edited:
NEW JERSEY

Donations Needed!
Our hospitals, health care workers and first responders are on the front lines of fighting this pandemic and we appreciate your desire to help.

If you have PPE to donate, please visit: PPE Donation Intake Form

Personal Protection Equipment:
Booties - Coveralls - Disposable Hoods - Exam Gloves (non-latex) - Insulation/Surgical Gowns - Protective Googles - Respirators (N95) - Surgical Masks - Tyvek Suits

Medical Equipment:
(Items that you want to donate or donate the use of)
Ventilators (universal, adult, pediatric, infant) - Ventilator parts - Test kits - Anesthesia machines

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back