New Poll: The Chandelier poll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Chandlelier. You decide.

• Threw ball at the chandelier and it came detached from the ceiling.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Grabbed chandelier not to fall & detached. It was older & not secured.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Chandelier never detached. Only broken glass on the stairway/base.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any alleged tampering would have to occur on the chain, the chandelier itself and/or apparatus used to rig the chandelier to the ceiling. According to the SW, those parts were available to LE, were retrieved and examined by LE to determine if tampering had occurred. They found no evidence of tampering, or they would have noted they had.

They haven't told us what they found. Only that the chandelier came down.

There were no lacerations noted on MS either. Pretty strange for a chandelier to either come crashing down with him or on him (The AR says they don't know which happened).

Again, you're assuming that LE would have covered up evidence of tampering on the chandelier parts. How could they do that when it was an employee of JS own PR firm who prepared LE's presentation on their investigation? What would be their motivation to cover up evidence of tampering to protect the now deceased RZ?

None of the Above. I vote that Max upended the scooter and it was the scooter that snagged the chandelier and brought it down, or portions of it.

Salem

I don't know. MS accident was never explained to my satisfaction, nor were some of the elements of the accident fully explained. LE left out the scooter being found on MS ankle, and they hardly discussed the fallen chandelier. The way LE explained it didn't resolve my suspicions. Something crucial in the story of MS's accident was not explained, and it almost seems info was kept secret, IMO.

Again, you're assuming that LE would have covered up evidence of tampering on the chandelier parts. How could they do that when it was an employee of JS own PR firm who prepared LE's presentation on their investigation? What would be their motivation to cover up evidence of tampering to protect the now deceased RZ?

Right. If LE thought RZ killed MS, they would just say so.

There were no lacerations noted on MS either. Pretty strange for a chandelier to either come crashing down with him or on him (The AR says they don't know which happened).

BBM - With this type of accident, I don't find it strange in the least.

First of all, I haven't stated that RZ brought down the chandelier. Second of all, why do you consider it impossible for petite women to do anything?

You've got the scenario of a 6 year old, 45-lb boy bringing down a chandelier. Why is it then absurd for someone of a larger height and weight to bring it down?

A 57 pound 6 year old, healthy, athletic boy. So please, tell us who may have brought the chandelier down?

The LE has said they don't know if it fell on MS or if he fell on it. They just know it came down.

Well, all the reports state it was next to Max, which would fit the scenario the LE PC showed us. t Max broke the chain, but the chandelier propelled him into the opposite bannister, it would have delayed his fall long enough, and changed the angle at which he fell, geometry, enough, that he would have landed next to the chandelier.

Yes, they did tell us what they found. They stated Max had a tragic accident. They did not say that the fall or the events leading to the fall were under investigation, or that the chandelier had been tampered with.

WHA???!!! Do you have a link to where it is stated that an employee of the OR firm prepared the presentation?! It was slick, but I would really like to have a link for that, put on the thread with reasons to re open the investigation!! Thanks!!

Smooth Operator, thank you again for taking the time to set the record straight.

I can see were the chain can break, being rusted and wear and tear, not secure. However, what about the cord that supports the lighting?

That probably depends on how old the wiring was. When we lived in our 1910 home it was still outfitted with woven fabric insulated knob and tube wiring. It affected our insurance rates a little, but was legal. If we did work or upgrades it had to be up to current codes to get permits, and pass inspection, but old houses may have some original wiring still functioning.

If the wiring had been updated, Romex would be extremely hard to break.

What also might make a difference is how the chandelier was wired and mounted. Was there a connection between the chandelier and the house juice at a point of stress? Were the wires twisted together with plastic caps or was there electrical tape over the joints? Enough weight and force could unravel that. I've accidentally broken loose those plastic caps just by the tension required to fit all the wiring back into a junction box for a lightswitch. They can pop right off under torqueing or tension.

Was the fixture mounted into crumbling lathe and plaster? That might cause it to fall even without the chain breaking. The whole thing could come down, junction box and all. (although there might not even be a junction box if it was original wiring.)

Questions I would want answer include, according to the parents of other kids who played at the mansion, did Max often ride his scooter in the house?

Where was the scooter kept - upstairs or downstairs?
Did Max like to climb trees and other high objects?
Did he admire someone like Jack Sparrow, and did he practice swinging from things?

Kids are impressionable, as anyone knows having seen a Superman-obsessed kid go up to a rooftop and jump off and break an arm. What were Max's playtime fantasies and did they involve something like jumping from a banister to grab a chain and swing from it?

Was he also a skateboarder? San Diego is full of them, especially down at the beach, and he might have witnessed lots of daredevil stunts on stairs and tried to emulate them.

Hi Betty, Can you please provide a link concerning the employee of JS's PR firm having prepared the presentation for LE?

Hi Betty, Can you please provide a link concerning the employee of JS's PR firm having prepared the presentation for LE?

Check post #331 in the general thread #9 for reference to the link to Sitrick's client list. At that time, they listed San Diego county as one of their clients. If the name has since been scrubbed from Sitrick's web site, well it wouldn't be a surprise. A Sitrick employee is also listed at the end of JS's statement that was included in the SDSO's presentation. You can view it at their web site.

Right. If LE thought RZ killed MS, they would just say so.

What if RZ's little sister was also hanging off the chandelier? The kids doing a crazy stunt together from some movie they saw. The girl could have landed on the second landing. There were parts of the chandelier found on that middle landing.

Check post #331 in the general thread #9 for reference to the link to Sitrick's client list. At that time, they listed San Diego county as one of their clients. If the name has since been scrubbed from Sitrick's web site, well it wouldn't be a surprise. A Sitrick employee is also listed at the end of JS's statement that was included in the SDSO's presentation. You can view it at their web site.

Hi Betty, I guess I'm just a dum-dum, but I couldn't find it. :dunno:

Could you take my hand and lead me there, please?

Hi Betty, I guess I'm just a dum-dum, but I couldn't find it. :dunno:

Could you take my hand and lead me there, please?
Here you go.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7096319&postcount=331"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #9[/ame]

First of all, I haven't stated that RZ brought down the chandelier. Second of all, why do you consider it impossible for petite women to do anything?

You've got the scenario of a 6 year old, 45-lb boy bringing down a chandelier. Why is it then absurd for someone of a larger height and weight to bring it down?

I will. I will go on record as stating that it was RZ who brought down the chandelier. RZ used her special red suicide rope to pull that chandelier to the floor.

Who knows why? That would be speculation for only RZ knows for certain. One does not need to prove motive. Was RZ outdone with babysitting rude teenagers? Was it RZ's desire to get Dina out of her life one way or another? Without MS, there would be no more Dina and her nonsensical rules imposed upon RZ. Make no mistake. RZ wanted to become heiress to a tycoon's fortune, according to a source whose initials are Mr. Nepali.

I will go on record as stating that, imho, RZ wanted to produce an heir to the Shacknai fortune. There was an evident bloody message of ripe fertility declared when she danced around dripping menses blood upstairs before taking her own life. My apologies for momentarily digressing from the chandelier.

Who finds a small child not breathing and just leaves a 7lb scooter on top of portions of that child's injured body until EMT arrive to move it? Make no mistake. She staged the scooter on top of that sweet boy, slightly injuring his right shin, then, left it propped there for EMT to see. The broken chandelier, that, ironically, did not cut MS, was placed proximal to his shoulder. At autopsy, Max's hands did not exhibit any signs of defensive maneuvers. Max could not prevent his fatal injuries.

Furthermore, the wounds on Max's back are similar to carpet burns. I theorize that this young boy was dragged across carpet, while on his back, still conscious, for some distance. IMO, the tissue found inside his Adidas shirt was from the skin that was burned off his back.

Once Max suffered the severe head and neck injuries, his unresponsive body immediately began shutting down and dying. Max's severe TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) caused him to flat line. There was no longer an ability for cognitive thinking. Voluntary movements such as is speaking become impossible. Therefore, the notion that Max uttered the word "Ocean" as his last breath is impossible.

http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/TBI.htm

Saddest thing was reviewing Max'z autopsy report. His viable organs were donated. Tears flowed when reading the words: Aorta is absent.

disclaimer: This is my humble opinion.

Another theory that has absolutely NO basis.

I will. I will go on record as stating that it was RZ who brought down the chandelier. RZ used her special red suicide rope to pull that chandelier to the floor.

Who knows why? That would be speculation for only RZ knows for certain. One does not need to prove motive. Was RZ outdone with babysitting rude teenagers? Was it RZ's desire to get Dina out of her life one way or another? Without MS, there would be no more Dina and her nonsensical rules imposed upon RZ. Make no mistake. RZ wanted to become heiress to a tycoon's fortune, according to a source whose initials are Mr. Nepali.

I will go on record as stating that, imho, RZ wanted to produce an heir to the Shacknai fortune. There was an evident bloody message of ripe fertility declared when she danced around dripping menses blood upstairs before taking her own life. My apologies for momentarily digressing from the chandelier.

Who finds a small child not breathing and just leaves a 7lb scooter on top of portions of that child's injured body until EMT arrive to move it? Make no mistake. She staged the scooter on top of that sweet boy, slightly injuring his right shin, then, left it propped there for EMT to see. The broken chandelier, that, ironically, did not cut MS, was placed proximal to his shoulder. At autopsy, Max's hands did not exhibit any signs of defensive maneuvers. Max could not prevent his fatal injuries.

Furthermore, the wounds on Max's back are similar to carpet burns. I theorize that this young boy was dragged across carpet, while on his back, still conscious, for some distance. IMO, the tissue found inside his Adidas shirt was from the skin that was burned off his back.

Once Max suffered the severe head and neck injuries, his unresponsive body immediately began shutting down and dying. Max's severe TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) caused him to flat line. There was no longer an ability for cognitive thinking. Voluntary movements such as is speaking become impossible. Therefore, the notion that Max uttered the word "Ocean" as his last breath is impossible.

http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/TBI.htm

Saddest thing was reviewing Max'z autopsy report. His viable organs were donated. Tears flowed when reading the words: Aorta is absent.

disclaimer: This is my humble opinion.

RED by me, Bolded by you
Seriously, RZ must have been planning the whole thing from the beginning right? Even doing so in front of her 13 year old sister? That's why the special rope in your theory? One must know how hugely ridiculous this sounds, spiteful too.

RED BBM.

So where is a link to NN stating that RZ said this? Or is this just more hateful rhetoric?

2nd RED BBM

It makes so much sense that a supposedly suicidal person "danced" around spreading her menstrual blood to show how fertile she was (the same woman who had a IUD to prevent pregnancy?) Come on now, this smacks of desperate hateful rhetoric. Where have we seen this before? :facepalm:

3rd RED BBM

Probably a person who was panicked and trying to tend to him and get him help.

4th RED BBM

Yes, it was horrible to read, heartbreaking, gut wrenching, I cried too. The world will always miss Maxie. His loss is devastating. So is the loss of Rebecca, her autopsy is awful to read too.

ALWAYS, MOO

Apparently I voted but don't remember how.

Recently, I did have another theory. I imagine Max trying to mimic skateboard moves with the scooter. He could have pulled it in an upward motion, as if trying to 'ride' the bannister. I've seen this done with skateboards and am always amazed at the dexterity and flexibility those kids have. That maneuver would have put Max's body high enough to go over the railing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper