New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more no statements and on Camera interviews JP or SP give is telling in my opinion. LE is hot on the trail, if not make no bones (no pun intended)about it, those two would both be front in center of a camera willing to talk a lot. No they changed, they are very quiet, only few words have been spoken and those came out because there narcissistic ways creep out. LE I'm sure has a very good profile on them and know how to push the buttons.

I say let them do what they have to do no matter how strange, frustrating I feel as long as it gets from A to B in finding Susan or an arrest.

Could JP have driven out there in the rental car and done a better job on the grave - maybe he needed better tools?

The older boy said something last year about how his mommy is mining for crystals, which Topaz Mntn is known for.
Now that could be interesting because tool marks can be used as evidence.

From the link I posted earlier:

Molding agent such as plaster of Paris, silicone or dental algenate (for molding possible footprints and tool marks).

I looked at that.I didn't see anything. She's in Utah. She seems to be an avid reader. She does seem to follow Spencer Pratt's Twitter feed. So, her judgement is in question, at least a little. :)

LOL!
Well he was into the whole mystical beads and stones for a minute there...so who knows. Thanks though

The more no statements and on Camera interviews JP or SP give is telling in my opinion. LE is hot on the trail, if not make no bones (no pun intended)about it, those two would both be front in center of a camera willing to talk a lot. No they changed, they are very quiet, only few words have been spoken and those came out because there narcissistic ways creep out. LE I'm sure has a very good profile on them and know how to push the buttons.

I say let them do what they have to do no matter how strange, frustrating I feel as long as it gets from A to B in finding Susan or an arrest.

^Like^
+1
Good post, ITA.

Yeah when making the timeline I found it interesting that there was no notable activity on this case for all of 2011 until July 15 when SP made the statement he will post some of Susan's journals online. I suspect he felt he needed to re-ignite his negative publicity campaign on Susan because police were asking questions newly and were suspicious. This made their paranoia crank up, and they responded with bashing Susan so as to try to cover up the truth.

MOO.

Yeah when making the timeline I found it interesting that there was no notable activity on this case for all of 2011 until July 15 when SP made the statement he will post some of Susan's journals online. I suspect he felt he needed to re-ignite his negative publicity campaign on Susan because police were asking questions newly and were suspicious. This made their paranoia crank up, and they responded with bashing Susan so as to try to cover up the truth.

MOO.

Interesting. I just can't understand why they chose this strategy. If Josh had said that Susan had an affair... but if she had the hots for Steven Powell, why would she have run away with Steven Koecher?

JMOO, I think their "squawking" stopped after the journals were taken and the court order for them not to be published. Hence the tirade of SP with his "outing" of his obsessions and what his journals contained...after the fact. That was a huge blow to them. Besides the previous degradation of Susan on the the .org site, this was all they had to strike back at the family and friends. Of course it was also a huge mistake...characteristically on themselves-- and was bound to meet with karma sooner than later.

Now that could be interesting because tool marks can be used as evidence.

From the link I posted earlier:

He may have needed something to warm the ground, like a blow torch. There was snow at that time. It would be interesting if the purchase could be (or has been) tracked down, if there was one.

Lot's O' pics at link-

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52600721-75/valley-west-police-remains.html.csp

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Investigators screen soil from a hole excavated by law enforcement where search dogs indicated the smell of human tissue decomposition near the base of Topaz Mountain as law enforcement looks for missing Utah mother Susan Powell, on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2011, 50 miles northwest of Delta, Utah. Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home in December 2009 and hasn't been seen since. (AP Photo/Jim Urquhart, Pool)
Photo 10 of 15
»
«
close gallery

Interesting. I just can't understand why they chose this strategy. If Josh had said that Susan had an affair... but if she had the hots for Steven Powell, why would she have run away with Steven Koecher?

I think that SP was trying to present an image of her as a "sexually charged" woman, capable of running off with another man. Reading his site was a nauseous experience, but telling of his strategy. He essentially tries to portray her as abnormal in any way he can.

MOO.

I'm late to this case, but I thought I remembered reading that JP told LE early on that part of the reason he went 'night camping' that night was to test out a new generator. Made me think he wanted to make sure his bringing the generator looked legit.

So all this talk of frozen ground, digging, got me wondering if there's something small and affordable that could quickly thaw the ground and that would require a generator. Found this:

http://www.thawground.com/featured-ground-thawing-products/thaw-it-fast/

Forgive me if you guys have been over this type of stuff in earlier threads! :seeya:

I am having a hard time thinking he not only buried her more than 3 feet deep in the middle of the desert in the winter, but that he even possibly prepared tools, maybe moved her, etc...when it would have been so easy just to dispose of her body somewhere and still she might not be found...

I think he dug prior on one of his outings to actually look for rocks. He knew where that hole was so all he had to do was remove the snow, and if no snow in that area, all he had to do is shovel the snow on top of her and leave.

From timeline:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 - At around noon, the search suddenly shifts 2 miles, based on a tip from Mr Tony Abbott, who noted suspicious activity there along a road.
At 1 p.m., Police have encouraged citizens to report any tips which may be connected to Susan Powell’s disappearance.
At 1:30 p.m. Report that "human remains found through cadaver dogs." And that a Medical Examiner is coming....

They probably had dug deep enough at 1:00 p.m. Wednesday to know the body had been removed and then they possibly (speculation) strategized to announce the human remains finding to startle JP and hope he does something to incriminate himself. MOO. And that's fine with me, I just think they should have let us know what the score is here with regard to the body.

MOO.

You have indicated a couple of times that you believe that the body has been moved because they have not yet found it at just 2 feet deep. The latest press releases indicated that the dogs keep hitting on the hole, but are not hitting on the dirt already dug up. I think we do need patience; and I hate to disagree, but I do not yet see that there is any evidence that there is NOT a body still in the ground. They need to keep digging until the dogs quit hitting on the hole indicating that decomposition is still present under the dirt. JMHO

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...e-picks-up-in-Susan-Cox-Powell-case.html?pg=2

Merritt said so far, the dogs continue to hit on the area that has yet to be dug up, but have not hit on the pile of dirt already shoveled out.

You have indicated a couple of times that you believe that the body has been moved because they have not yet found it at just 2 feet deep. The latest press releases indicated that the dogs keep hitting on the hole, but are not hitting on the dirt already dug up. I think we do need patience; and I hate to disagree, but I do not yet see that there is any evidence that there is NOT a body still in the ground. They need to keep digging until the dogs quit hitting on the hole indicating that decomposition is still present under the dirt. JMHO

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...e-picks-up-in-Susan-Cox-Powell-case.html?pg=2

Evidence I see is:

1. The added time to uncover the body. They have been there for 74 hours (understood not every minute of those 74 hours, but still).
2. The depth they have dug. 2 and a half feet in 3 days? I could have done that in about an hour.
3. They called in more dogs and are searching the area, despite saying they have found a grave site.
4. They called in a plane to fly over the area again (I think.)
5. They called in horses to roam the area searching for something.
6. Their interviews are strangely inconsistent, contradictory and fragmentary as to what they have and what they don't.
7. They brought Mr. Cox to the burial site, yet don't have remains?
8. JP was reported as having gone camping Aug 27, 2011, 26 hours after the police completed the search of his home.
9. A witness saw some suspicious activity at this burial site, but didn't state that it happened in 2009, and did not want to say what he witnessed to reporters. This was reported to authorities and they then moved their search two miles to where this man saw the activity. They then announced remains had been found.
10. The main thing they are doing now besides searching other areas is sifting the soil. Why sift soil if the body is buried deeper? How about we dig up the body while we do that?

I'm just being a websleuth here. I realize people really want them to suddenly have a body to announce at this site. It's not happening.

MOO.

I'm late to this case, but I thought I remembered reading that JP told LE early on that part of the reason he went 'night camping' that night was to test out a new generator. Made me think he wanted to make sure his bringing the generator looked legit.

So all this talk of frozen ground, digging, got me wondering if there's something small and affordable that could quickly thaw the ground and that would require a generator. Found this:

http://www.thawground.com/featured-ground-thawing-products/thaw-it-fast/

Forgive me if you guys have been over this type of stuff in earlier threads! :seeya:
Now there's a thought. I know some speculated early on that the generator might have been used to run an auger for cutting a hole through ice. I don't think a heating blanket has been mentioned, but it would make sense. A friend of mine lives in an apartment complex in Montana. He and other residents use them to protect their cars in winter because they don't have garages. I would think campers and rock hounds would use them, too, when they're out in the wilderness during winter. I wonder if JP has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV