New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're taking the LOL out of context. She LOL'd at the absurd suggestion that she is in any way responsible for the attack, NOT to laugh at what happened. Though IMO it probably was a little insensitive to include an LOL at all, though I realize she did not mean it that way.

Do you know her? Shes managing to take up a lot of thread space about a mass killing in New Zealand. For whatever reason.

Do you know her? Shes managing to take up a lot of thread space about a mass killing in New Zealand. For whatever reason.

I don't know her. I'm not the one bringing her up, but I have responded to several posts that appear to be bringing her up in order to further an agenda. And I'm just setting the record straight. :)

"An African-American woman with a view that doesn't agree with yours must be an immature troll!" :rolleyes:

Not at all. However, a person of any ethnicity or gender who responded the way that she did is certainly acting like one. I appreciate your caring defense of her, but I believe her behavior is inappropriate and a symptom of a real immature nastiness in our society.

But she's neither the criminal nor the victim here. There is an entire community and country in mourning. They matter more than her.

Last edited:
I hope the NZ authorities can somehow keep him from finding out that video spread like a horrific virus before it could be taken down. It would be a tiny comfort to think of him not knowing whether the footage got out or not.
I hope he didn’t have SM bots (or like-minded individuals :( )ready to repost and distribute his message...not sure how the SM bots really work, but if things are posted with a trending hashtag they can reposted almost immmediately.

Last edited:
The New Zealand police just tweeted that the 28-year-old suspect's hearing will be closed to the public "due to the heightened security risk."

New Zealand Police @nzpolice

Christchurch District Court will be closed to the public during the appearance of the 28-year-old man charged with murder in relation to yesterday’s attacks in Christchurch.

This is due to the heightened security risk.

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN

52s ago 22:17

Second person charged and suspects' identities confirmed
It has been confirmed that Brenton Harrison Tarrant, 28, has been charged with murdering a man, who cannot be named, in Christchurch.

If convicted, he faces a maximum term of life imprisonment, according to court documents. Police have already said he will face further charges over the shootings in New Zealand.

A second man, 18-year-old Daniel John Burrough, has been charged with inciting racial hatred.

New Zealand shooting: suspect appears in court – latest updates

He is upset about non white immigrants . He must have missed the First Nation of Australia and the Maori of New Zealand. You know, the people before the white immigrants arrived.

Last edited:
NZ PM Jacinda Ardern rewards Metallica petition boy with tickets

Last week the NZ PM was having fun giving a kid Metallica tickets and this week she now has to deal with this. I think she is awesome and is handling this like a champ.

When I woke up this morning my other half told me there was 40 dead in NZ and I instantly assumed earthquake. NZ is the last place I could imagine this to happen in.

New Zealand shooter appears in court

The 28-year-old suspected shooter was charged with one count of murder Saturday local time in connection with a hate-filled terror attack in New Zealand, according to a Christchurch District Court document.

The suspect, identified BHT, appeared in a New Zealand court. He later taken into custody.

The court did not release the victim's name.

The suspected shooter faces is maximum sentence of life in prison.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the suspected shooter accused of taking part in the mass shooting of 49 people in Christchurch, held a standard “Category A” gun license.

“My understanding is that he holds a Category A gun license and again I preface this, that my advice currently is that under that gun license he was able to legally acquire the guns that he held. That will give you an indication of why we need to change our gun laws," she said at a news conference.

Earlier, Ardern said the main shooter used five guns, including two semi-automatic weapons and two shotguns, during the attack.

One thing to note: According to New Zealand police, a standard firearms license allows the holder to obtain any number of sporting-type rifles and shotguns (referred to as “A category” firearms). In addition, visitors to New Zealand are permitted to apply for a visitor’s firearms license that police said “will let you shoot for hunting or competition in New Zealand for up to a year.”

The alleged gunman in yesterday's terror attack, appeared at the Law Courts in Christchurch with his hands cuffed.

More than 11 security guards and members of the police were alongside him as he faced a judge.

He was then remanded in custody, to be held in a jail cell until his next appearance in court on April 5.

No bail application was posted in the court hearing.

LIVE UPDATES: New Zealand PM calls for immediate gun law changes

Let’s hope this revolting human doesn’t get off with some sort of insanity plea.
@mishunicorn22 Don't worry, I think there is VERY little chance they'll even let him try to plea NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity - I say that not knowing NZ law, lol so take that for what it is worth). Way too much planning and organizing prior to the attack. He didn't just have a psychotic or another psychiatric episode in the moment of the attack. I'm thinking of the CO theater shooter- he tried for NGRI and they said nope!

Aussie killer smiles in court

"A second man Daniel John Burrough, 18, of Christchurch has been charged with intent to excite hostility or ill will against any group of persons in New Zealand on the ground of the colour, race or ethnic or national origins, published written matter which is insulting."

Maybe the 2nd guy was responsible for the spread of the video? Posting/Editing content?
Any folk in NZ know what the max sentence is for this? Will be be remanded in custody?

FOREIGNERS AMONG VICTIMS
By AAP08:37

Several of those killed or wounded in the deadly shootings were from the Middle East or south Asia, according to initial reports from several governments.

Bangladesh's honorary consul in Auckland told The Associated Press that "so far" three Bangladeshis were among those killed and four or five others were wounded, including two left in critical condition. "One leg of an injured needed to be amputated while another suffered bullet injuries in his chest," Rahman Bhuiyan said. He declined to identify the dead or wounded.

Two Jordanians were among those killed, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the state-run Petra news service. He had earlier said that a Jordanian man was killed and eight others were wounded.

Pakistan's Foreign Ministry said four Pakistanis were wounded, and spokesman Mohammad Faisal tweeted that five other Pakistani citizens are missing after Friday's attacks.

Malaysia said two of its citizens were hospitalised, and the Saudi Embassy in Wellington said two Saudis were wounded.

Turkish President Erdogan said at least three Turkish citizens were wounded in the attacks in New Zealand and that he has spoken to one of them.

Two Indonesians, a father and son, were also among those shot and wounded, Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasir said. The father is being treated at an intensive care unit and his son is in another ward at the same hospital. The man's wife said that both were shot at the Linwood Islamic centre. "My husband was shot in multiple places and has a drain in his lung". She said her son is "traumatised" after being shot in his back and leg.

LIVE UPDATES: New Zealand PM calls for immediate gun law changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member