New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ6.jpg
New Zealanders have been leaving tributes to the victims of Friday's terrorist attacks near the Christchurch Botanical gardens, close to the Al Noor mosque where 41 people died.

Some have left flowers, while other have written on the pavement in colored chalk.
"From the depths of our hearts, we are sorry," one message said.

Amro Ibrahim, a worshipper at the Al Noor mosque, said he was at work when he heard about the attack. His manager let him leave to try to contact his friends. “I just wanted to make sure I could catch up with my friends and nothing bad had happened to them". Ibrahim said the outpouring of support from the Christchurch community showed how New Zealand had "accepted us and looked after us. The attacker does not represent the country".

NZ7.jpg

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN

There has been an absolute outpouring of love in the wake of this tragedy. It's beyond heartbreaking how many lives have been lost, how many have been injured, and how many families have been touched. It's so sad that it takes events like this to unite people and bring out the good side of humanity.

the shooters video does not show it but he was run off the road by police and gave up without much of a fight, which he said he would do in his manifesto because the police are mostly good people that he wouldnt harm.

More likely he gave up easily because he's a gutless coward and didn't want to be harmed or killed.

Agreed. No one "made" him do what he did. Instead, it's more likely that he's one of those people who is focused on one thing at a time, who interpreted Owens' ideology as a message, and who may be easily influenced by others (e.g.: maybe he lived alone).

I don't think this has anything to do with headlines, more to do with the eradication of those whom he deemed to be not allowed.

Have you watched the video? There doesn't seem to be any adrenaline pumping until after he switched guns.

I did watch it before it was taken offline.

He is eerily calm and focused on his gun but that does not mean that inside, his heart wasn't beating fast and his adrenals weren't releasing large amounts of adrenaline which made him forget the gasoline cans and instead focus on killing with his gun.

Sadly this is not the first spree and it won't be the last.

He wanted attention and he's got it.

moo

One of the Australia's most recognizable landmarks, the Sydney Opera House, will display New Zealand's iconic silver fern on Saturday night to remember the Christchurch victims.

NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian announced the show of respect on her official Twitter account, saying it was a "symbol of solidarity, support and respect."

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN

MFATgovtNZ Retweeted
NZ Embassy Warsaw‏ @NZinWarsaw 8h8 hours ago
Our heartfelt thanks from all in #NewZealand to friends & colleagues & members of public in #Estonia #Georgia #Latvia #Lithuania #Poland & #Ukraine for so many messages of condolence & support today. Kia ora koutou - thank you all
1f1f3-1f1ff.png
1f1ea-1f1ea.png
1f1f3-1f1ff.png

D1theBGWsAEuLa9.jpg
@Niner

I did watch it before it was taken offline.

He is eerily calm and focused on his gun but that does not mean that inside, his heart wasn't beating fast and his adrenals weren't releasing large amounts of adrenaline which made him forget the gasoline cans and instead focus on killing with his gun.

Sadly this is not the first spree and it won't be the last.

He wanted attention and he's got it.

moo

He is eerily calm prior to shooting people. He has a webcam strapped to his helmut or head, his music is in his ears and on the webcam, the car is spitting out GPS driving directions. He's all set listening to a traditional German song with a webcam on his head and then a USA Confederate War tune. He seems quite normal heading to his destination of shooting people. As I watched it, I imagined the Bataclan massacre unfolding the same way, with shooters in a couple of cars, listening to music, following GPS driving directions, parking with easy getaway and then opening fire.

We know that he was a little bit more freaked out after switching guns and lifting up the gas can because we can hear his breathing as he runs along the street shooting people before re-entering the building.

This is indeed not the last spree. They happen all over the world too often with Muslims murdering people in places like Belgium, London and New York, and then Muslims being murdered in New Zealand. I don't think this was about him wanting attention to himself, but perhaps to what he believes.

He is eerily calm prior to shooting people. He has a webcam strapped to his helmut or head, his music is in his ears and on the webcam, the car is spitting out GPS driving directions. He's all set listening to a traditional German song with a webcam on his head and then a USA Confederate War tune. He seems quite normal heading to his destination of shooting people. As I watched it, I imagined the Bataclan massacre unfolding the same way, with shooters in a couple of cars, listening to music, following GPS driving directions, parking with easy getaway and then opening fire.

We know that he was a little bit more freaked out after switching guns and lifting up the gas can because we can hear his breathing as he runs along the street shooting people before re-entering the building.

This is indeed not the last spree. They happen all over the world too often with Muslims murdering people in places like Belgium, London and New York, and then Muslims being murdered in New Zealand. I don't think this was about him wanting attention to himself, but perhaps to what he believes.

BBM:
Or perhaps a little of both. He wanted to demonstrate his beliefs in the worst possible way, but also wanted validation from his followers as well as the notoriety he'd have from making headlines.
I cannot even think what it must be like living in that evil head of his, I'm just opining.

Bataclan massacre is eerily reminiscent, you're correct.

I wonder if the killer, Brenton Harrison Tarrant, enjoyed watching and researching this type of massacre over and over until he decided to carry one out himself.

moo

More than $2.4 million has been raised for victims of the Christchurch terror attacks across three fundraisers.

A Givealittle page has already raised more than $1.4 million, with more than 22,500 people donating by 3.50pm on Saturday.

More than $67,000 has also been donated to a fundraiser on Everyday Hero, which was set up after the volume of donations caused problems on the Givealittle site.

Another fundraiser on LaunchGood has raised almost $1m. The money will be distributed to families by the New Zealand Islamic Information Centre (NZIIC).

More than $2m raised for victims of Christchurch mosque shootings

Anyone here old enough to remember this song?

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.

BBM:
Or perhaps a little of both. He wanted to demonstrate his beliefs in the worst possible way, but also wanted validation from his followers as well as the notoriety he'd have from making headlines.
I cannot even think what it must be like living in that evil head of his, I'm just opining.

I wonder if the killer, Brenton Harrison Tarrant, enjoyed watching and researching this type of massacre over and over until he decided to carry one out himself.

moo

They were his beliefs, but the question is how far was he willing to take it without a best friend pushing him along ... a bit. He seems the type to be easily influenced and vulnerable to suggestion. He's a really good shot - no question that he has military training. I wonder if there's a military history and discharge record.

I don't really think he's smart enough to distinguish between his beliefs and those of his online friends. How does a committed psychopath return to the car in the middle of a mass murder and forget to take the gerry cans before tossing the first gun to the ground and picking up the better rifle?
Is this 2+2=3?

He forgot to torch the mosque.
That would not have happened if it was his idea.

They were his beliefs, but the question is how far was he willing to take it without a best friend pushing him along ... a bit. He seems the type to be easily influenced and vulnerable to suggestion. He's a really good shot - no question that he has military training. I wonder if there's a military history and discharge record.

I don't really think he's smart enough to distinguish between his beliefs and those of his online friends. How does a committed psychopath return to the car in the middle of a mass murder and forget to take the gerry cans before tossing the first gun to the ground and picking up the better rifle?
Is this 2+2=3?

He forgot to torch the mosque.
That would not have happened if it was his idea.

I don't know about military training -- all that I can find online is that BHT is an enthusiastic gun club member.

There have been mass shootings in the US by people who were not in the military and were loners, they did not have supporters egging them on, although in this case, BHT did have "fans".

This was likely his first killing spree (according to online info) so perhaps he forgot those cans of gas in the heat of the moment? Or he was so intent on firing and killing from his gun that he deemed the gas cans less important than taking out individuals before using the gas cans and getting caught.

These are all my un-expert opinions and I hope we find out more soon.

Its heartbreaking for the victim's families and the people in NZ.

moo

More than $2.4 million has been raised for victims of the Christchurch terror attacks across three fundraisers.

A Givealittle page has already raised more than $1.4 million, with more than 22,500 people donating by 3.50pm on Saturday.

More than $67,000 has also been donated to a fundraiser on Everyday Hero, which was set up after the volume of donations caused problems on the Givealittle site.

Another fundraiser on LaunchGood has raised almost $1m. The money will be distributed to families by the New Zealand Islamic Information Centre (NZIIC).

More than $2m raised for victims of Christchurch mosque shootings

Anyone here old enough to remember this song?

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.

Out of qualitative and quantitative curiosity, how much money was donated after the Bataclan 2015 Paris shootings?

... what song?
We're all curious about Erradicacion Humana.

I don't know about military training -- all that I can find online is that BHT is an enthusiastic gun club member.

There have been mass shootings in the US by people who were not in the military and were loners, they did not have supporters egging them on, although in this case, BHT did have "fans".

This was likely his first killing spree (according to online info) so perhaps he forgot those cans of gas in the heat of the moment? Or he was so intent on firing and killing from his gun that he deemed the gas cans less important than taking out individuals before using the gas cans and getting caught.

These are all my un-expert opinions and I hope we find out more soon.

Its heartbreaking for the victim's families and the people in NZ.

moo

Yes. He deemed the gas cans less important than taking out individuals, his second round in the mosque was shooting injured people and people who ran out of the building. It was stunning that no one came to help, and that those who needed help did not move.

It's always heart breaking for families when Bataclan and New Zealand slaughters of civilians occurs.

Last edited:
BBM:

moo

BBM. Have you actually read his manifesto in full?

Has anyone else here actually read his manifesto in full? Instead of just the few parts of it that MSM has chosen to show you?

It's very clear what his motivations were and why he decided to do what he did. IMO.

BBM. Have you actually read his manifesto in full?

Has anyone else here actually read his manifesto in full? Instead of just the few parts of it that MSM has chosen to show you?

It's very clear what his motivations were and why he decided to do what he did. IMO.

Perhaps you could post a link to it here as I have not fully read his manifesto, I've only read the parts published by the MSM since it was removed from twitter.

TIA.

Last edited:
Out of qualitative and quantitative curiosity, how much money was donated after the Bataclan 2015 Paris shootings?

... what song?
We're all curious about Erradicacion Humana.

I don't know about donations, but this article details compensation for the victims of the 2015 Paris terrorist attacks:
Paris terror attacks: €85 million compensation paid out to victims

What song? See the bottom of #270 ... "What the world needs now is love, sweet love"

BIB This doesn't relate to anything I posted. Did you mean to reply to Squid in #275.

Last edited:
Terrible tragedy. Mosque, temples, churches, each one has been the scene of multiple killings this year. There is a problem in society when people are not safe worshipping in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman