New Zealand - Michael McGrath, 49, still missing, Christchurch, 21 May 2017 *arrest* *Mistrial*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all, I dont know if theres still much interest here, sadly still not much has happen in the case from what I know of, other than the suspect pleading not guilty. I'm also very new here, so I'm sorry if this is absolutely no help to you guys.

I just thought I'd share some of the info i learned in a conversation I had with my parents tonight, that may possibly be of help? Basically we got talking about the case, as at the time of this case, we lived in the area, in fact we lived probably 700metres from missing persons property. Now they didnt tell me the exact date or anything, but in those few specified days they remember being outside on their property having a few drinks around a fire, when they heard a few gunshots coming from that direction, apparently they didnt think too much of it at the time, due to the area they lived in (Quaifes rd), a couple hours later(around approx 1am) they heard a farm mulcher running, with the sound of things being fed through. Again they didnt come to this conclusion after a while as they didn't really question it for a while, but they are pretty much set on the belief now, that they heard the murder of Michael McGrath. Now I didnt want to question too much, as my mother seems to feel very guilty on the subject, she feels as though they could of helped the case had they just thought about it sooner and went and put in a tip, but she feels as if it's too late now to say anything, but I didnt want to press the subject as not to upset her.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability, but I'll try and have another conversation with her on the subject at a later time, maybe to possibly try and get some more information, but again, they are only going off what they heard.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, I really badly feel for the family of this man, and I think about this case often, being from the city it happened in after all.

Hi all, I dont know if theres still much interest here, sadly still not much has happen in the case from what I know of, other than the suspect pleading not guilty. I'm also very new here, so I'm sorry if this is absolutely no help to you guys.

I just thought I'd share some of the info i learned in a conversation I had with my parents tonight, that may possibly be of help? Basically we got talking about the case, as at the time of this case, we lived in the area, in fact we lived probably 700metres from missing persons property. Now they didnt tell me the exact date or anything, but in those few specified days they remember being outside on their property having a few drinks around a fire, when they heard a few gunshots coming from that direction, apparently they didnt think too much of it at the time, due to the area they lived in (Quaifes rd), a couple hours later(around approx 1am) they heard a farm mulcher running, with the sound of things being fed through. Again they didnt come to this conclusion after a while as they didn't really question it for a while, but they are pretty much set on the belief now, that they heard the murder of Michael McGrath. Now I didnt want to question too much, as my mother seems to feel very guilty on the subject, she feels as though they could of helped the case had they just thought about it sooner and went and put in a tip, but she feels as if it's too late now to say anything, but I didnt want to press the subject as not to upset her.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability, but I'll try and have another conversation with her on the subject at a later time, maybe to possibly try and get some more information, but again, they are only going off what they heard.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, I really badly feel for the family of this man, and I think about this case often, being from the city it happened in after all.

They searched his house and I’m sure they would have found evidence if his body had been put through a farm mulcher. Please tell your Mum to not be worried.

I’ve just read this for the first time. I’m still very interested in justice for this family. Have you thought about telling the police at all? It sounds like it might be distressing for your mother to do it, but perhaps you could on her behalf. I’m sure they will want to hear about the gunshots at least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back