New Zealand - Yanfei Bao, 44, Real Estate Agent - Christchurch, South Island 19 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

hazel324

Former Member
Reaction score
Real Estate Agent Yanfei Bao, 44, was last seen in the Wigram area about 10.30am on Wednesday.

Detective Inspector Nicola Reeves said Bao disappeared while out cold calling as part of her job.

She was last seen by a person she spoke with after knocking on the door of their property on Vickerys Rd, near the intersection of Hayton Rd.

The alarm was raised when she failed to return home after work, Reeves said.

Large team of detectives hunting for missing real estate agent

Attachments

• 1689831083749.jpg
    1689831083749.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
Continuation of original link...

Reeves said a large team of detectives was working to try and piece together Bao's movements before she vanished, an effort named Operation Helo.

Appealing for the public’s help to find her, Reeves said Bao’s silver Nissan Dualis car, registration PKT 556, was found in Iroquois Pl, about 1km from where she was last seen.

Police had secured the car and it was being forensically examined, she said. There was nothing, at present, to suggest foul play.

“She appears to have been in good mental and physical health. Her colleagues say she's a diligent, hard-working woman, and this is really out of character. We’re keeping a very open mind as to what’s happened to her,” Reeves said.

She appealed for anyone with CCTV footage in the area that might have captured Bao or the movements of her car on Wednesday to contact police.

While there was a property nearby that had historically been the Head Hunters headquarters, there was nothing to suggest it was linked to her disappearance.

A large team of police were searching Harvard Park, not far from Iroquois Pl, late on Thursday afternoon.

A resident at the corner of Hayton Rd and Vickerys Rd said police had been around twice on Thursday to ask questions.

One police officer asked if he had heard a bang bang noise. He said he was at home on Wednesday and didn’t see or hear anything.

Attachments

• 1689831083749 (1).jpg
    1689831083749 (1).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 25
The photos show her wearing shoes and then not wearing shoes.

it is very common in NZ to take shoes off when you enter a home. I wonder if she had to leave in a hurry and she left her shoes behind?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689840336496.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689840336496.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 206
  • FB_IMG_1689840339863.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689840339863.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 197
The photos show her wearing shoes and then not wearing shoes.

it is very common in NZ to take shoes off when you enter a home. I wonder if she had to leave in a hurry and she left her shoes behind?

Good spot! I was focusing on getting the media info that I barely actually looked at the 2 pics

Weird, huh....to be outside in bare feet - an adult woman in workwear

Still no sign of Yanfei.

"Last seen about 10.30am on Wednesday on Vickerys Rd, Wigram, where she was “carrying out a matter of business” .

Her car, a silver Nissan Dualis, registration PKT556, was located nearby at Iroquois Pl, Wigram"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 113350.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 113350.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
This is becoming ominous,hope they have taken dogs into every house between where she was last seen and where her car was found, and got hold of all the neighbourhood cctv before it’s deleted.
I assume she had her phone with her.

This is becoming ominous,hope they have taken dogs into every house between where she was last seen and where her car was found, and got hold of all the neighbourhood cctv before it’s deleted.
I assume she had her phone with her.

Detective Inspector Nicola Reeves appealed for anyone with security camera footage in the area that might have captured Bao or the movements of her car on Wednesday to contact police.

Haven't seen any mention of dog searches...

1689888546811.jpg
Several areas in Wigram have been searched since Bao disappeared
Where is Yanfei? Search for missing real estate agent continues

A woman who lives near the corner of Hayton Rd and Vickerys Rd said she was woken up by two police officers on Wednesday night who were holding a torch and searching for something in the mailbox.

At 2.30am on Thursday, six officers searched bushes across the road. She told them she heard unusual sounds in the neighbouring house, which she was looking after while the family were on holiday.

Police then searched the backyard. About 3pm, three plain-clothes officers returned and searched the neighbouring property, visiting another on the other side.

She said there was a mixture of cultures in the area, including Filipino and Indian people, and there were a number of renters.

A Chinese Consulate General spokesperson in Christchurch said they were paying “high attention” to the case and had asked local Chinese associations to spread the news.

Harcourts Wigram branch manager Hamish McLeod said more than 40 real estate agents across Christchurch had stopped work to join the search for Bao, who was a new member of the team.

He was not sure where she was last seen, but confirmed she was working.

Police asked anyone with information on Bao’s whereabouts to call 111 immediately and quote event number P055385539.

... Bao's husband < > disappearance is out of character.

"We are deeply concerned for the safety and well-being of my wife, Yanfei Bao. Our nine-year-old daughter and I are desperately seeking any information that could lead us to her whereabouts,"

Bao's profile on Harcourts said she has previously been a top-selling salesperson and has a Master's Degree in English Linguistics and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management.

Husband of missing Christchurch real estate agent says her disappearance is 'out of character'

Is it me, or does she seem to have an upset expression in the photo where she's without shoes? That photo isn't the best quality, and even if she did it could mean anything or nothing, but it caught my eye.

Is it me, or does she seem to have an upset expression in the photo where she's without shoes? That photo isn't the best quality, and even if she did it could mean anything or nothing, but it caught my eye.
I thought the same, ErinC. She looks upset to me in that pic. Also, it isn't necessarily common custom for NZ people to remove their shoes before entering a house, but it is very common for a person of Asian descent to do so.

It may be common to take off your shoes, but she appears to be without her tights/pantyhose as well?? Am I seeing that right? Really odd….
The police addressed this in the evening press conference, linked a couple of posts up. The images were taken from Bao's own home security camera, before she left for work that morning. She had gone to the car without shoes first, then returned to the house, and was pictured leaving again with shoes on. Good eye, though!

The police addressed this in the evening press conference, linked a couple of posts up. The images were taken from Bao's own home security camera, before she left for work that morning. She had gone to the car without shoes first, then returned to the house, and was pictured leaving again with shoes on. Good eye, though!
Thanks for that insight....I didn't see full press conf, just excerpt, so appreciate you clearing up that point

Thanks so much for that info Tazza! That was creeping me out…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back