New Zealand - Yanfei Bao, 44, Real Estate Agent - Christchurch, South Island 19 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In answer to the above real estate questions, Auctions are extremely normal here in NZ and especially popular in Christchurch. Homes are shown to buyers at open homes or private viewings during the campaign. Door knocking an area is also completely normal, especially if you have an office or a listing in that area. Door knocking has definitely lessened in Christchurch since Yanfei went missing though.
(I am a real estate agent in Christchurch)

The one year mark of the disappearance and murder of Yanfei Bao was July 19. Still hoping she will be found and that justice will be served. Thinking of her loved ones bearing this horrible journey.

This article has an overview and timeline for the past year.

The police think that Yanfei's maternal family will be going to NZ (from China) for the 5-week trial. Yanfei's partner says that her family is struggling and absolutely shattered.

He also said .... despite challenging circumstances, Bao's daughter had displayed incredible resilience and received "substantial love and support" from family, friends and her school.

"It's truly inspiring to witness her ability to still find reasons to smile and be her authentic self in the midst of such adversity - a testament to her remarkable strength and bravery. Her mother would undoubtedly be deeply proud of her."

The police think that Yanfei's maternal family will be going to NZ (from China) for the 5-week trial. Yanfei's partner says that her family is struggling and absolutely shattered.

He also said .... despite challenging circumstances, Bao's daughter had displayed incredible resilience and received "substantial love and support" from family, friends and her school.

"It's truly inspiring to witness her ability to still find reasons to smile and be her authentic self in the midst of such adversity - a testament to her remarkable strength and bravery. Her mother would undoubtedly be deeply proud of her."

I tried to read up on the most recent threads.... but could not find.
Was there any close connection made between Yanfei and the suspect?

I tried to read up on the most recent threads.... but could not find.
Was there any close connection made between Yanfei and the suspect?

I don't think we know what the relationship was (if there was one). Other than perhaps a real estate agent-potential client relationship.

He is a Chinese national, Yanfei's maternal family lives in China.

It could be a simple as Yanfei was able to communicate with him in a Chinese dialect (from a sales aspect), or it could be more. I imagine we will find out at the trial in October.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back