GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could be, but he reported for work every day during this time so a live feed would not tell him what goes on while at work, unless he had remote monitoring. Seems a bit sophisticated? The cameras were in his windows, not real high tech. He purchased the container a year after he moved in in 2009 so, in 2010 he had the cameras. We don't know if he still had vid surveillance during Abby's alleged captivity, but I am hopeful. That would be a huge reason for the prosecution to keep a tight lid on their evidence before a probable cause hearing as they have.

It's a big mystery at this time but it will all play out eventually, IMO

:cow:

He very well could have had it set to detect motion, then text him with the live feed so he could observe.
It isn't THAT difficult to do, especially when you have something that important to hide. :twocents:

MOO the cameras were meant to provide him with warning while on the property that others were approaching or on the property as well. I believe they were livestreamed to monitor inside the trailer and possibly monitored from remote location as described by MsF above. I do not think the feed was set u to tape. Cant explain why except to say that is my gut on this and we all know how unreliable a gut can be.

He very well could have had it set to detect motion, then text him with the live feed so he could observe.
It isn't THAT difficult to do, especially when you have something that important to hide. :twocents:

MOO the cameras were meant to provide him with warning while on the property that others were approaching or on the property as well. I believe they were livestreamed to monitor inside the trailer and possibly monitored from remote location as described by MsF above. I do not think the feed was set u to tape. Cant explain why except to say that is my gut on this and we all know how unreliable a gut can be.

He could have set it up in a sophisticated way but cameras in the windows doesn't strike me as going in that direction. Radio Shack used to sell a security system like that which included weather proof cameras. Remote monitoring was part of the package. It was cheap as I recall.
In 1990 I had a plan to use a similar system where I worked but the alarm company would not back it unless we used their system for thousands more. The technology has been around for a very long time so no need to put crappy cameras inside a window unless you are just making a statement.

He's smart - what I would really like to know is if he was smart enough to shut off his cell phone while travelling through Conway EhHaHa. If he ping'd between the 2 towers there, 1 at Redstone and 1 at Cranmore, at the time she went missing he might as well cop a plea IMO

Exactly. He had to slip up somewhere, sometime, somehow and his video would be great to get a hold of. Would love if he screwed up with that.
Somehow I think that if he set Abigail free, he would also have destroyed any video he had. In my mind, he thought he was going to go to prison for the other charge, so he would have "cleaned up" whatever he could before releasing her.

He could have set it up in a sophisticated way but cameras in the windows doesn't strike me as going in that direction. Radio Shack used to sell a security system like that which included weather proof cameras. Remote monitoring was part of the package. It was cheap as I recall.
In 1990 I had a plan to use a similar system where I worked but the alarm company would not back it unless we used their system for thousands more. The technology has been around for a very long time so no need to put crappy cameras inside a window unless you are just making a statement.

He's smart - what I would really like to know is if he was smart enough to shut off his cell phone while travelling through Conway EhHaHa. If he ping'd between the 2 towers there, 1 at Redstone and 1 at Cranmore, at the time she went missing he might as well cop a plea IMO

BBM
We can only hope he wasn't that smart, Stele. I however think that, given Abby's phone was disabled so swiftly after she was abducted, Kibby was ever-aware of the pinging possibilities of his own phone, too.

As for the camera, I agree with most everyone else: that he was keeping tabs on what was going on inside and outside of his trailer, both when he was at home and when accessing the feed remotely. It's so easy to set up live-streaming and automatically save to a thumb-drive. The wonders of modern technology.

He had to have screwed up somewhere; hopefully lots of times.

On the remote monitoring for camera feeds - that's not really that high-tech anymore. We have a 2nd home with video surveillance. We can view the video feeds live any time from our iphones (or a desktop, or a laptop or a tablet). Cameras are wireless, signal transmitted through a router. Not even professionally installed - purchased off of amazon and set up ourselves lol. Piece of cake these days. You can also set it to just stream live & begin recording when it detects motion. Anyone can do this.

On the remote monitoring for camera feeds - that's not really that high-tech anymore. We have a 2nd home with video surveillance. We can view the video feeds live any time from our iphones (or a desktop, or a laptop or a tablet). Cameras are wireless, signal transmitted through a router. Not even professionally installed - purchased off of amazon and set up ourselves lol. Piece of cake these days. You can also set it to just stream live & begin recording when it detects motion. Anyone can do this.

Exactly! The recorded content is what interests me. My brother has cameras at his house and although he can watch it live, he can also rewind to see what happened. Otherwise, someone breaking in could get away with it, unless you happened to be watching in real time. His recorded data is not on hardware, per se. It is kept in an online database that keeps quite a bit of information before it is "erased". And we all know, nothing is ever really erased! We can only hope his was more than "fake" cameras to scare people or strict streaming, nothing saved. To me, information that he had video cameras could be an incredible source of evidence!

Thinking of Abby tonight. Happy Halloween, Abby! I hope you went out and got a lot of candy with some of your close friends.

I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Several things do not add up. Jmo

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Several things do not add up. Jmo

Could you elaborate (unless it would cause you to go outside the rules, not encouraging anything that would get you in trouble)? What needs getting to the bottom of and which things are not adding up. With so little info released to the public about this case and the evidence the state has or doesn't it is hard to know what you refer to. Can't add things up we don't have, I guess is where I am at.

Thanks

I've never doubted that at some point in the timeline that things did not go awry..I'm still on the fence if this began as an abduction. Jmo

I would bet my last $ that it was an abduction all the way from start, captivity, release.

Kibby is not the sweet-talker type to pull over to meet her and lure her in for a ride. I think he's the type to pretend he's looking at something (wrong with the truck maybe) and grab her as she walked by when no cars were around.

We will have to wait and see, but I am so done with slamming this victim. (not meant for anyone in particular)

That is my belief too. (ETA abduction start to finish) But I do understand that there are those who still have lots of questions about the hows, etc. That is to be expected when so much is being held so close to the vest by LE to protect the integrity of the case.

This thing will go to trial. Then many of those questions will be answered. The accused is in custody and represented by counsel. Abbigail is home and safe, reunited with loved ones. It will all be known eventually. I can wait. But I know that some feel differently.

Thanks for answering my question East2West.

I only started reading about this after Abigail was home safe, but it sounds like a straight-out kidnapping with Stockholm syndrome. And, I'm guessing Abbie's captor made her swear some kind of an oath in return for letting her go, so she's conflicted in helping the prosecution.

I only started reading about this after Abigail was home safe, but it sounds like a straight-out kidnapping with Stockholm syndrome. And, I'm guessing Abbie's captor made her swear some kind of an oath in return for letting her go, so she's conflicted in helping the prosecution.

BBM, Thanks.

While I agree with your initial assessment, on what do you base your theory of Stockholm Syndrome ( bonding with a captor)? And on what basis do we come to the conclusion that there was some kind of 'oath'?

None of the facts of the case lead me to believe that Abby ever 'bonded' with her captor. In fact the family's lawyer said explicitly “Abby was violently abducted by a stranger. For many months, she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence.”
http://www.wmur.com/news/abigail-he...e-violence-lawyer-says/27437382#ixzz3IMqO95am

So where is the 'bonding' in those many months? Where is the bonding during that unspeakable violence?

"made her swear some kind of an oath " While a guess can be useful, on what should we base that guess? And what, do you suppose, was the oath - that she promised to remember his name and show up in court to boldly see him arraigned? Because in the facts of the case that is what she did.

"Abigail Hernandez clasped her hands and fixed her eyes on the lanky man in the orange jumpsuit accused of kidnapping her while she walked home from school last fall, just days before her 15th birthday."
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html

Or do you think she just tossed whatever oath out the window and this calculating, misogynist, violent criminal was so stupid that he trusted her with an oath after many months of unspeakable violence?

IMO this Nathaniel Kibby was making a statement directed at Law Enforcement with whom he had numerous interactions and conflicts with. This had much to do with his hatred of women and law enforcement;

"Kibby has a lengthy criminal record, including several assaults. Particularly disturbing, Perley said, was an arrest in March when Kibby was charged with criminal trespass and assault after following a Conway woman to her home after a minor car accident. Police said he pushed her to the ground in her driveway after she ordered him to stop taking pictures of her car."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rnandezs-alleged-kidnapper.html#ixzz3IMwu7xOT
Please read further about his interactions with LE, specifically Conway PD and his view of government and his history of violence.

Perhaps during the trial of Kibby, the criminal, we may find that ABBY had some success in manipulating him to save her own life but I would be hard pressed to call that 'Stockholm Syndrome".

I do not think that she was ever compliant, complicit or sympathetic toward a captor by whom for "many months, she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence".

People could not believe she was violently snatched off the street, so what about this?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/harrowing-video-shows-womans-abduction-philadelphia/story?id=26663931

This had nothing to do with Abby and Abby had nothing to do with this. It was all Kibby.
IMO Snatching her in broad daylight, keeping her hidden with such a high profile search, and then boldly dropping her off near home in the same clothes was a bold and calculated statement between he and Law Enforcement. Period.

This post was actually written by my :cow::

"The information contained in the arrest warrant affidavit includes sensitive case information, including detailed information regarding both the disappearance and return of Abigail Hernandez, as well as information regarding what happened to her during the time in between," Young wrote. "Releasing any of that information, which has not been released thus far into the investigation, could very possibly taint the testimony of witnesses who have not been interviewed in detail as of this date. Premature disclosure of this information could also taint any further cooperation and information to be retrieved from witnesses who have already provided information, including the retrieval of relevant physical evidence."

Young also wrote that disclosure could impact the grand jury process. However, she said paragraphs one through nine and 45 of the arrest warrant could be released.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/117542-hearing-on-kibby-arrest-warrant-scheduled

from steleheart's link.

Curious to see how the court rules today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab
Back