GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the phone/Cranmore info was a ploy to smoke someone out, they know who reacted to that info and now they deny it because they got the info they wanted.

I think the time of the receipt could be what interested them, maybe that person could have been responsible for Abigail's disappearance or they might have noticed someone or something.

not surprised your rabbit ears are twitching and I don't think its got anything to do with menopause.

i agree, the whole dunkin donuts receipt thing is just strange. so they stop a black truck, and a receipt happens to fly out of the car for dunkin donuts. was this a car that was stopped as part of the road blocks, or was LE/FBI focused on this vehicle and pulled it over outside of the regular road blocks that were set up to question/give everyone info on Abby's disappearance? if they were targeting this car i wonder why. i would think since the driver of this car came forward that she has nothing to hide, or doesn't think her husband/son/whoever else had access to that car has anything to hide. maybe they think the person driving could have seen something. kind of like in the lindsey baum case when they thought something happened near the convenience store and were seeking specific people on surveillance cameras not as suspects but to ask them if they saw anything suspicious or certain vehicles that may have been of interest to them outside the store. thats about all i got on the dunkin donuts receipt. ugh. i wish the public knew more

All the DD's I can think of in this area have a drive thru. i went by the D&D not far from Village Way last night and the News were there interviewing some young man on camera out in the parking lot .

All the DD's I can think of in this area have a drive thru. i went by the D&D not far from Village Way last night and the News were there interviewing some young man on camera out in the parking lot .

not the one in settler's green...it's in the outlets. that one falls between the high school and village way.

and if i were 14, that's where i'd go. peek into the shops, et cetera...not walk all the way past my house.

again, we have no clue if she even likes coffee. or donuts. :o

I think the ping/call was mom calling her. If Abigail was suppost to call/text her mom when she got home and didn't, I could see her calling texting until she answers. If by the time she got home and didn't answer and her stuff from school was there and/phone she would know something was wrong.

I'm very strict about my daughter texting or calling me when she goes anywhere. One time when she first got her phone she went somewhere and didn't tell me, walked 3 miles away with a friend who convinced her not to tell me. She was never allowed to hang out with that friend again and has never done it again. If I tried calling/texting her and she didn't answer for hours I would first use track phone app. If her phone was at home I would definitely know something was wrong, she don't go no where without it not even the bathroom. At this point I would call police. I would be very insistant that something was wrong and she would never run away.

Im leaning more toward kidnapping now. Especially after hearing from locals on this thread about strangers being in town a lot. The boyfriend father said in this article: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131015/NEWS07/131019559/0/SPORTS15

JC is a mechanic-in-training, his father said, and he helps his father work at his business, White Mountain Hauling.

“She used to ride along on runs with us all the time,” James Campbell said. “The last time I saw her was the Sunday before she disappeared. We all went to the Fryeburg Fair and had a great time.”

I wonder if someone who seen her at the fair or while she went with his dad on a haul took her...MOO
was the Sunday before she disappeared. We all went to the Fryeburg Fair and had a great time.”

The Black truck is mentioned here: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fa...girl/-/9857858/22454244/-/qb9ufc/-/index.html

Around noon Tuesday, detectives pulled over a black Chevrolet pickup truck on Route 302. One of the occupants of the vehicle, Pam Hatch, said she went to see her husband, who was in the hospital last week.

She said each day she stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts on Route 16, not far from Abigail's home.

Apparently, one of the receipts flew out the window of the truck. Police recovered it, tracked down surveillance video and found the vehicle Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fa.../22454244/-/qb9ufc/-/index.html#ixzz2hqZ1HYIf

BBM
As it says in the article, the receipt was found FIRST, LE "tracked down" the video, THEN found the vehicle. Nothing more, nothing less.
It appears to have nothing to do with the case. It was simply something LE tracked down. But the way LE is acting on all other fronts, who knows if this is significant or not. I mean, what if they found a receipt from Walmart blowing in the wind with the same time stamp? Would they have hunted down that customer as well? Maybe there is some significance with regard to DD.

I think the most logical explanation for the receipt was that it was time stamped during the time frame she was walking home. That would be assuming that the DD was along her assumed route that day. They might have just wanted to talk to that person to see if they saw anything or ask some specific questions we are not privy to.

As far the as the receipt goes, it sounds like desperation and that they don't have many leads. I'm assuming that when they saw the receipt and noticed the time stamp on it they realized it could have been on her path and that maybe someone saw something. When you are grasping at straws that small, ugh. All along I thought they were hiding a lot from us and now I'm thinking that the thing theyre hiding is that they don't have many leads not that they do :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

As far the as the receipt goes, it sounds like desperation and that they don't have many leads. I'm assuming that when they saw the receipt and noticed the time stamp on it they realized it could have been on her path and that maybe someone saw something. When you are grasping at straws that small, ugh. All along I thought they were hiding a lot from us and now I'm thinking that the thing theyre hiding is that they don't have many leads not that they do :(

I always felt that way in Celinas case. I was highly disappointed to say the least. I am highly guarded when JY is involved

BBM
As it says in the article, the receipt was found FIRST, LE "tracked down" the video, THEN found the vehicle. Nothing more, nothing less.
It appears to have nothing to do with the case. It was simply something LE tracked down. But the way LE is acting on all other fronts, who knows if this is significant or not. I mean, what if they found a receipt from Walmart blowing in the wind with the same time stamp? Would they have hunted down that customer as well? Maybe there is some significance with regard to DD.

You are probably right. But something is still niggling me about this, because I wonder why if they had the license plate from the camera, surely they would run the plates and gotten the address vs. an accidental siting & road stop right by the police station with press there? It's a small town & even if they recently moved, they should have been able to track it down vs. looking for this particular plate. So, I lean towards either they didn't have a plate or maybe they think someone walked in and they maybe looking for a number of vehicles during a period of time that would allow for someone sitting inside, drinking their coffee, maybe watching people go by? IDK :banghead:

A little convoluted, Schmae, but I think I can safely say, "IHAVENOCLUE!" :floorlaugh:

ETA: Darn it! IHAVENOCLUE isn't online to see my lame joke.

Watch it, MamaJoJo! :eye: :eye:

I see EVERYTHING, ya know... Bwahahaha!

:floorlaugh:

Makes sense, hoping the person who the receipt saw something perhaps.

Who is this older man ( friend )she has on FB? I saw that mention once, and am not sure if we can discuss.

Makes sense, hoping the person who the receipt saw something perhaps.

Who is this older man ( friend )she has on FB? I saw that mention once, and am not sure if we can discuss.

No name has been mentioned just that he is an "older boy". What is the definition for "older boy" anyway? LOL Since she was basically 15, I would estimate at least 16 or beyond. Wouldn't we like to know if he has a vehicle or has access to a vehicle & his whereabouts that day? I'm sure they are treating him very nice & friendly at this point.

You are probably right. But something is still niggling me about this, because I wonder why if they had the license plate from the camera, surely they would run the plates and gotten the address vs. an accidental siting & road stop right by the police station with press there? It's a small town & even if they recently moved, they should have been able to track it down vs. looking for this particular plate. So, I lean towards either they didn't have a plate or maybe they think someone walked in and they maybe looking for a number of vehicles during a period of time that would allow for someone sitting inside, drinking their coffee, maybe watching people go by? IDK :banghead:

Oh, the trusty niggle-meter! Very good points! Why would LE have just done a BOLO for the truck and wait for it to come through the road stop rather than just going to the truck owner's residence? Hmmm...

i agree, the whole dunkin donuts receipt thing is just strange. so they stop a black truck, and a receipt happens to fly out of the car for dunkin donuts. was this a car that was stopped as part of the road blocks, or was LE/FBI focused on this vehicle and pulled it over outside of the regular road blocks that were set up to question/give everyone info on Abby's disappearance? if they were targeting this car i wonder why. i would think since the driver of this car came forward that she has nothing to hide, or doesn't think her husband/son/whoever else had access to that car has anything to hide. maybe they think the person driving could have seen something. kind of like in the lindsey baum case when they thought something happened near the convenience store and were seeking specific people on surveillance cameras not as suspects but to ask them if they saw anything suspicious or certain vehicles that may have been of interest to them outside the store. thats about all i got on the dunkin donuts receipt. ugh. i wish the public knew more

IIRC...they found a receipt for DD in one of the search areas. They traced the receipt thru video surveillance at DD back to a black truck. They pulled over the black truck and found out that the grandma driving the truck had stopped at DD to get coffee each day, and the receipt blew out the window (landing in the search area). So the found receipt, which LE thought was a clue turned out to be another dead end. My explanation is probably clear as mud :lol: but just wanted to clear up the sequence of events :)

BBM

My thoughts exactly! I wonder if what they are hiding is the fact that someone doesn't know how to do their job :( IIRC there are now 3 missing females in that area? Maura, Abigail and Celina?

ETA Celinas name. Think I need more coffee today :(

Regarding the paper receipt and DD, What most likely occurred is that LE reviewed surveillance video at DD to see who was frequenting DD to potentially stalk a victim. From there, the time and date stamp on the video is matched to their system. Anyone who used a credit or debit card that matched the vehicle is easily tracked down. Since the driver frequented DD daily, it sent off a red flag. LE wasn't about to inform them of this, so they just said they found a receipt. They have likely reviewed all business surveillance tapes to look for suspicious behavior. Very few businesses are equipped with license plate cameras as they are only pointed to get a plate number. Most businesses are more concerned with facial recognition and observing a larger picture should a patron claim falling and then suing the business. Most that have license plate cameras are some gas stations, toll booths, and places with higher security needs. Due to the reflective nature of license plates, it takes a different sort and more expensive camera to capture the image well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18