GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody notice the lostnmissing poster shared upthread mentions the Mass state police are assisting? Makes me think they have a lead taking them to Mass.

Also, I know some have questioned if mom and dad were separated, from what I've seen I believe they are.

Maine police were mentioned too. Sounds like they just don't know where she could be. Worth noting, Mass LE has more funding, more training, more experience, more resources, if only by virtue of being a larger populated state then Maine and New Hampshire. I'm here in Maine and our LE often call MA to assist.

and the reporter who talked after the press conference reported that there was no activity on her cell phone.

wth? where are the REAL questions?

i wonder if the reporters were coached and told not to ask about it.

very bizarre.

On one of the fb pages they are saying not to talk to media about AH if you are a friend, etc., per LE. They may think she's being held and it could put her at further risk if her personal info was put out there.

On one of the fb pages they are saying not to talk to media about AH if you are a friend, etc., per LE. They may think she's being held and it could put her at further risk if her personal info was put out there.

That could be, HDRider, and welcome to Websleuths!

I also think LE feels the public has all the information it needs to be on the lookout for and recognize her if they see her. While I admit I would like to know many more details, I also recognize that I am unlikely to further the investigation of her disappearance as an armchair detective, or rather as a laptop detective. I sure wish I had a magic wand and could help find Abigail and bring her home safe and sound.

I don't recall Celina's mother being scripted or told not to talk.
I also don't recall her friends/family being told not to talk.
In fact, there were vigils and interviews done.

I also believe the crime scene tape was only put up at Celina's house after her body was found.
I don't recall crime scene tape before she was found.

Yes, they have always been quiet about Celina's case but not like this.
Something must be different about Abby's case that causes the secrecy. :twocents:

That is creepy that Cranmore Resort is mentioned here too...
Have they checked the snow making pond there where Krista Dittmeyer's body was found?

IMO, this looks more and more like an abduction by someone she knew and trusted.

Something her mother said made LE jump into action, IMO. How many missing persons cases can anyone recall where the police had phone records and traced the phone within hours of said person being reported missing?

I just this morning read a totally unrelated police report where LE requested cell phone info and had the last cell tower ping in a matter of minutes in order to locate a missing distraught person. It does take long. They called their dispatcher, she/he sent the request to a judge, basically get stamp approved and the order get electronically sent to the phone company, and bam! cops can triangulate the approximate location of said phone. Here is the news story and the (pdf) report: http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/...rmed-and-suicidal-Fairfield-police-chief.html

http://media.pressherald.com/documents/Emery+Police+Reports.pdf

The above all went down in a matter of a few hours. I was surprised by, well a lot of things in the article given the man is my town's now former Police Chief, but certainly, I don't know, I would have thought it took a day or two.

IMO, this looks more and more like an abduction by someone she knew and trusted.

Or by someone she was talking to on the internet? At least that's what my gut feeling is. FBI and crime scene tape just happened way to fast for this to be a 'run away' teen.

That could be, HDRider, and welcome to Websleuths!

I also think LE feels the public has all the information it needs to be on the lookout for and recognize her if they see her. While I admit I would like to know many more details, I also recognize that I am unlikely to further the investigation of her disappearance as an armchair detective, or rather as a laptop detective. I sure wish I had a magic wand and could help find Abigail and bring her home safe and sound.

Thank you for the welcome. Seems like a real great group of folks here. I signed up at the beginning of the Ayla Reynold's case but just started posting yesterday. I'm still learnin' the ropes.

I sure have a lot of questions too. The father, the boyfriend the last phone call...no, I guess it wouldn't help LE find her. Praying just doesn't seem like enough sometimes.

I don't recall Celina's mother being scripted or told not to talk.
I also don't recall her friends/family being told not to talk.
In fact, there were vigils and interviews done.

I also believe the crime scene tape was only put up at Celina's house after her body was found.
I don't recall crime scene tape before she was found.

Yes, they have always been quiet about Celina's case but not like this.
Something must be different about Abby's case that causes the secrecy. :twocents:

^^^^ This is a great post , and worthy of more discussion.

The Cass case shares the same DA, Jane Young. So its possible from the botched Celina investigation that she has decided to be even more quiet , whether thats from learning from her mistakes or it being a different situation.

Now what would make this a different situation ? In the Cass case I believe they suspected the loaf-in step dad the whole time , and probably still do . Maybe they were letting her mother speak in the hopes of stirring things up at home to provoke the old man. Maybe it was for another reason , or maybe it wasnt a concern of the DA.

In this case we have an even more tight-lipped DA , a closely guarded scripted statement from the mother , and any questions of the father are kiboshed immediately. Why ? It almost seems like they are trying to get people to reach the point of boiling over with something hidden.

It was also of note to me during the presser tonight that the FBI agent said , " Im a little shocked its taken so long for some of AH's friends and people that know her to finally start coming forward with info now . " Isnt that an odd thing to say. Is he baiting them ?

My 2 cents .

It was also of note to me during the presser tonight that the FBI agent said , " Im a little shocked its taken so long for some of AH's friends and people that know her to finally start coming forward with info now . " Isnt that an odd thing to say. Is he baiting them ?

My 2 cents .

ESPECIALLY given they seem to be so dedicated to keeping people quiet, and making sure no one does come forward. That's what intrigues me the most about this case- during press conferences they'll say things like, "We need the public's help" or "We're so glad her friends are finally coming forward" but the rest of the time, they do anything and everything they can to keep the lid on each and every piece of information that could potentially leak.

It's all the contradictions that has me up in arms.

Maybe they are doing this case differently because Celina's remains unsolved...rather than because they know more. I am getting very cynical about how most LE deals with MP cases. So much secrecy at the start, when the public might be of use...and by the time LE finally asks for help it is too late, memories have faded, etc.

JMO

Link to tonight's press conference. http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Su...dez/-/9857858/22419822/-/5tv6lsz/-/index.html
at 5:05 there's a question from a reporter that is hard to hear, but the LE responds with "yes any tower it could have hit, no success" the word tower is hard to hear in his accent, and in the transcript it says any 'terror'

I have listened to this news conf. Over and over, especially the part with the Fish &Game warden.. Can someone bring a close up shot of the search map he held up. I saw many red lines on the path from school down to Eastman Rd. over near Redstone. Oodles of red lines near Pudding Pond, but the map he held up does not go up near Cranmore Mtn., or his hand was over that part.
Warden also mentions that "attorneys are looking at legal issues." So, could that be a hint about undocumented worker?
Also...FBI is totally calling the shots on how this case is being handled.

Moo

I have listened to this news conf. Over and over, especially the part with the Fish &Game warden.. Can someone bring a close up shot of the search map he held up. I saw many red lines on the path from school down to Eastman Rd. over near Redstone. Oodles of red lines near Pudding Pond, but the map he held up does not go up near Cranmore Mtn., or his hand was over that part.
Warden also mentions that "attorneys are looking at legal issues." So, could that be a hint about undocumented worker?
Also...FBI is totally calling the shots on how this case is being handled.

Moo

Did you see the daggers coming out of the eyes of JY and the FBI agent when he said that ? :floorlaugh:

So is the most recent info on Abigail's phone that there was a call made to or from her phone? IMO, LE would at least have the other phone number. Hopefully, it is not a burner phone.

I did notice in the press conf that the FBI agent mentioned they've been getting tips from as far away as Texas. It's interesting to note that Abigail's grandfather was from Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3