GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not necessarily. I worked with someone who owned and trained dogs for air scent. Scent lasts longer in the air, even days later, and they can follow scents that may not be on the ground, for instance if someone is taken in a vehicle an air scent dog can sometimes track that, or if that person was on a bike, etc.

Oh. I guess I got confused on the part where it said they don't use a scented article. I am really hoping they find her soon. I got scared thinking they were giving up finding her alive. I hope that's not the case!!

Oh. I guess I got confused on the part where it said they don't use a scented article. I am really hoping they find her soon. I got scared thinking they were giving up finding her alive. I hope that's not the case!!

Yes, they don't need a scented article. Air scent is kind of like when you have a smell in your house like the smell of something burning. You follow the smell until it gets stronger to find out the source of the smell and what is burning. It's like that for the dog, they are trained to smell human scents and they follow the smell until they get to wherever it's strongest. When they smell on the ground, it's called tracking and the dog has to have a starting point, where the person was last seen and they follow their trail. But like when you smell something burning, you have no idea where it originated or where it ends, you just follow the smell in the air, the dog does the same. They had a case years ago where a young girl was taken in a car and the dog was able to follow her scent for miles until they found her body.

Where is the father of this girl? When was the last time this girl talk to the boyfriend? any enemies at school? , they are looking from the north side and the boyfriend is also from there, i would think that the last person she communicated might be a boyfriend, bestfriend , or a classmate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

For the Case Archive, updates are done for today. Pictures, articles, video.

Abigail Hernandez Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=138163995076206926437512754532

For those of you who are not familiar with my archives, it is a safe enough link to click. It is just a photobucket. There are lots and lots of different cases there. I follow the case from beginning to end, and record as much info I can... most from mainstream media, and sometimes social media (but that is often unreliable) so mostly pics from there.

Check it out.

(right now, and for the past 6 months, photobucket has undergone changes that make the pics go out of order randomly, but I try to keep it in order... I call it photo-uc-up ..... so bear with me until they get their glitches worked out)

Thank you!

I can't quite get my head around the bigger picture and the "zoomed in" pictures aren't helping me get it. She was last scene at home and heading to school ... and in the path in the forest on the way to school, she vanished? Her cell phone pinged from a forest?

Hmmm could be a good thing if she is alive and facebooking somewhere ...but not if someone else could control her informations and make it look like something else.

Is this a stubborn runaway that is tapatalking while people worry?

I thought I'd share some knowledge and information about the North Conway area. I'm not from there but I do travel there often. I hope some of this info helps to answer some questions that people have. At the end of my post are links to different maps of the area and information about North Conway in General and the surrounding area.

Here's some info about the area where this is all happening...

It's actually North Conway, not Conway.

It's a HUGE tourist area.

The area where Abigail lives has the Outlet Stores, Settlers Green, which is a big reason most travel to this area.

Right before you enter North Conway, you pass a road called the Kangamangus Highway.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com

Many, many, many tourists who travel to North Conway also visit the Kangamangus.

The Kangamangus Highway is a long winding road that has numerous parking areas for people to be able to stop and get out and walk around. There are hiking trails that go into the White Mountain National Forest. 6 camping grounds for people who wish to stay overnight. Breath taking views of the fall foliage this time of year, waterfalls, large rocks up and down the river that is alongside the highway, that attracts many people who like to get out and enjoy the water.

Then if you travel past Abigail's street a few miles, you take a right to continue onto route 16, go a few miles and you hit another HUGE tourist attraction... StoryLand. StoryLand is in Glen, Nh. It's an amusement park with also an animal section and I believe it now has a water park in it too.

About 20-30 minutes from StoryLand is another HUGE tourist attraction... Santa's Village. Same thing as StoryLand but it has a Christmas theme.

So with the Kangamangus Highway right before you get to North Conway, and StoryLand and Santa's Village at the other end of North Conway, most people stay in North Conway as it is in the center of a lot of area attractions.

The outlet stores, called Settlers Green, is right next to where Abigail lives. There is actually a hotel inches from the outlets called The North Conway Grand.

The town next to North Conway is called Fryeburg, Maine. They have a huge fair every year. This year the fair ran from Sept 28th thru Oct 5th.

I was in North Conway recently for a few days. I stayed with friends who have a brother that has a house up there. He lives not that far from where Abigail lives. We were up there to go to the Fryeburg Fair.

This long holiday weekend is one of the biggest tourist times to visit due to the beautiful fall foliage views.

So as you can see, the locals put up with having MANY people traveling through their town.

In my opinion, the reason for the billboards being put up in Massachusetts, where I live, is because that's how most travel to that area. Route 495 in Massachusetts merges with route 95 at the New Hampshire border. Then not long after that, you exit off to route 16 (kind of like a back road highway, one way driving in each direction and maybe 2 sets of lights.). And you follow route 16 for about 70-80 miles and it takes you right to North Conway where this is all happening.

So my opinion is that they have some sort of evidence that they have yet to reveal that this is more than a runaway case. She disappeared days before this long holiday weekend where North Conway sees a rise in tourists due to the beautiful fall foliage. I'm guessing they don't want to say too much in fear of causing a mass hysteria in the area during this busy weekend. But at the same time, with it being such a huge tourist attraction weekend, it gives the authorities hope that with having more people in the area, they may get more tips.

<modsnip>

Here are some links to local news stations.

WBZ Boston. http://boston.cbslocal.com

WHDH Boston. www.whdh.com

New England Cable News. www.NECN.com

WMUR New Hampshire. www.WMUR.com

WCVB Boston. www.WCVB.com

Here are links to maps and info on North Conway. Some of these maps are REALLY good!

http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/virtualbrochures.

http://www.visitnh.gov/library/images/regions/white-mountains.gif
http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/things-to-do/scenic-byway.aspx

http://www.frommers.com/images/destinations/maps/jpg-2006/2208_northconwaydining.jpg

http://www.hospitalitymaps.com

http://www.northconwayvillage.net/flash_map.php

https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Conway-New-Hampshire/106378173872

http://www.fs.fed.us/locatormap/index.php?lat=44.177&long=-71.314&zoom=8

http://www.visitnh.gov/what-to-do/scenic-drives/white-mountains.aspx

Sorry this post is so long. But I hope I've helped in some way!

Yes, they don't need a scented article. Air scent is kind of like when you have a smell in your house like the smell of something burning. You follow the smell until it gets stronger to find out the source of the smell and what is burning. It's like that for the dog, they are trained to smell human scents and they follow the smell until they get to wherever it's strongest. When they smell on the ground, it's called tracking and the dog has to have a starting point, where the person was last seen and they follow their trail. But like when you smell something burning, you have no idea where it originated or where it ends, you just follow the smell in the air, the dog does the same. They had a case years ago where a young girl was taken in a car and the dog was able to follow her scent for miles until they found her body.

But wouldn't the dog need an article of her clothing so that they know which scent to find? That's where I'm getting confused. Cadavers all smell the same, but live humans wouldn't. How does the dog know which scent to follow?

<modsnip>Why is it this is not on Amber Alert? Does LE or FBI have more info they are not releasing yet? If FBI got involved, did they find out that she could be talking to a stranger outside their area? It's been 5 days, not looking good . What's her twitter account?

Hmmm could be a good thing if she is alive and facebooking somewhere ...but not if someone else could control her informations and make it look like something else.

there are a couple of possibilities that are more likely

1. that someone is controlling her Facebook, probably LE or her family

2. that people are only just responding to friend requests that were sent before she went missing.

<modsnip> Why is it this is not on Amber Alert? Does LE or FBI have more info they are not releasing yet? If FBI got involved, did they find out that she could be talking to a stranger outside their area? It's been 5 days, not looking good . What's her twitter account?

There are specific requirements for an Amber Alert to be activated ie vehicle description.

there are a couple of possibilities that are more likely

1. that someone is controlling her Facebook, probably LE or her family

2. that people are only just responding to friend requests that were sent before she went missing.

Right

All post above are just my opinions only.

ESPECIALLY given they seem to be so dedicated to keeping people quiet, and making sure no one does come forward. That's what intrigues me the most about this case- during press conferences they'll say things like, "We need the public's help" or "We're so glad her friends are finally coming forward" but the rest of the time, they do anything and everything they can to keep the lid on each and every piece of information that could potentially leak.

It's all the contradictions that has me up in arms.

LE will withhold info if they believe releasing it will jeopardize their case. If they have a potential suspect in mind or if they have a working theory, releasing certain information can alert a potential suspect who can then be extremely cautious and not let down his/her guard. When LE asks for the public's help, that does not imply that they will automatically release any information they get. The whole idea is to gather all the information they can without letting any potential suspect know they are on his tail.

One more time...

Comments sections from both the missing FB page and MSM as well as FB pages of people relating to Abigail are not allowed per the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required