GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty I think I'd prefer to see the thread fairly quiet, with the occasional bump, than go the way I've seen other threads go - no new information so people end up rehashing old ground and bickering about it.

My opinion is it has gotten quiet here because most people think she ran away. I also think some feel that LE gave us nothing so the hell with them.JMO

No matter what, there is still a child missing, not home with her family and with God only knows who. Chatting over and over about a letter likely won't find her but there are small and easy things we can all do and they all include keeping up awareness in our own communities, in our social networks, etc. Keep Abby's story out there, keep people watching their surroundings and teach them how to be vigilant about what they notice and observe. This will help Abby and many more missing children and adults

In all honesty I think I'd prefer to see the thread fairly quiet, with the occasional bump, than go the way I've seen other threads go - no new information so people end up rehashing old ground and bickering about it.

I think it's better for a case to have an active discussion for years than to end up becoming inactive. However, very few cases stay active. I did some looking, and the only unsolved cases over a year old (sorry if I missed any) that get about 10+ posts on a daily basis are JonBenet Ramsey, Maura Murray, McStay Family, Long Island Serial Killer, and Elizabeth and Lyric. I wonder if there is something those cases have in common to explain why people are still discussing them, while thousands of other cases are silent.

Law enforcement investigators had little reaction to statements last week by the father of Abigail Hernandez indicating that the missing 15-year-old ran away from home.

In a Christmas letter to Abigail last week, Ruben Hernandez included this statement to his daughter: "Abby I am assuming that you did run away," he wrote.

snip

FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey, one of the lead investigators in the missing person case, acknowledged that the investigation is considering the possibility that Abigail ran away, among several other possibilities.

"We aren't going to characterize his plea (to Abigail) in his letter one way or the other," Ramsey said.

snip

Asked to elaborate on his statement, Ruben Hernandez said he based his judgment on a letter that his daughter mailed to her mother after she disappeared.

snip

"I don't know if Abby ran away or not," Ruben Hernandez said. "As I stated in my first letter to her: 'We don't know if you ran away, but if you did … .'"

"Since a letter surfaced on Nov. 6, I'm just going to assume that she did (run away)," he said. "I hope this clarifies what I meant."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/...rce=RSS?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

In the nearly 8 weeks since Nov 6 and even after taking several weeks to "verify" the letter, Ramsey is only "considering the possibility. Among several others.

If that letter had been hand written, IMO, there would be little question. Not specifying weather it was typed or not, as well as ZH hesitating about that fact in an interview only to avoid it completely, is a really really big red flag to me.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home#ixzz2nD3mXo5T

Did you recognize the handwriting right away? " um... it's a tough question" If you can't answer it, that's fine. " um so I opened the letter..."

This is very important. If it was typed it leaves open the possibility of having been written by someone else. Someone who knows her could easily write a letter using a "tone that Abby would use". It's not hard to imitate someone's attitudes, concerns, views, etc. Maria asks if she recognized the handwriting and that's where ZH is not allowed to answer. IMO that indicates to me that even the envelope was typed. Why?

At this point, as far as I can see, no one is convinced that Abby ran away. Not Ruben, not Ramsey and not even her friends. Only recently her close friends were posting on FB about nightmares, fears, waking up shaking, running from something, not knowing, etc. They don't k now either.
Unless they are lying.

It pains me to bring this up and to be so negative but I keep finding similarities to Skyler Neese. Small town, not a typical runaway, friends pleading for her to come home. Skylar's parents held on to hope and continued to plead for their daughter to return even after they knew there was a body which had not yet been identified. HOPE.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...kylar-neese-murdered-by-her-best-friends.html

HOPE is all these people have and that is what I expect them to do. But Ramsey is still considering other possibilities too. I don't think people have lost interest - there just isn't any new information and still no hard evidence either way. Suspicions, yes.

I will say this, and please I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone, but if Sheila and Rachel had thought to write a letter appearing to come from Skylar, that situation might have gone on longer. Anyone could have done that, it just happened to be her bffs. There are other possibilities that have not changed from the beginning.

If members or friends, or even the help pages slow down, it's not because interest has waned, it is only because, people are at a loss.

....Clicking TY doesn't seem enough, Steleheart... I also appreciate your knowledge of other cases. This is what I keep trying to say, but have yet to find the words. A big Thank You.

And as you said, people are at a loss...so in the meantime lets all keep doing the simple little things and maybe it will or maybe it won't being Abby home, but it will help bring a missing child home, if we all did this around the country, continent, world.

In the nearly 8 weeks since Nov 6 and even after taking several weeks to "verify" the letter, Ramsey is only "considering the possibility. Among several others.

If that letter had been hand written, IMO, there would be little question. Not specifying weather it was typed or not, as well as ZH hesitating about that fact in an interview only to avoid it completely, is a really really big red flag to me.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home#ixzz2nD3mXo5T

Did you recognize the handwriting right away? " um... it's a tough question" If you can't answer it, that's fine. " um so I opened the letter..."

This is very important. If it was typed it leaves open the possibility of having been written by someone else. Someone who knows her could easily write a letter using a "tone that Abby would use". It's not hard to imitate someone's attitudes, concerns, views, etc. Maria asks if she recognized the handwriting and that's where ZH is not allowed to answer. IMO that indicates to me that even the envelope was typed. Why?

At this point, as far as I can see, no one is convinced that Abby ran away. Not Ruben, not Ramsey and not even her friends. Only recently her close friends were posting on FB about nightmares, fears, waking up shaking, running from something, not knowing, etc. They don't k now either.
Unless they are lying.

It pains me to bring this up and to be so negative but I keep finding similarities to Skyler Neese. Small town, not a typical runaway, friends pleading for her to come home. Skylar's parents held on to hope and continued to plead for their daughter to return even after they knew there was a body which had not yet been identified. HOPE.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...kylar-neese-murdered-by-her-best-friends.html

HOPE is all these people have and that is what I expect them to do. But Ramsey is still considering other possibilities too. I don't think people have lost interest - there just isn't any new information and still no hard evidence either way. Suspicions, yes.

I will say this, and please I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone, but if Sheila and Rachel had thought to write a letter appearing to come from Skylar, that situation might have gone on longer. Anyone could have done that, it just happened to be her bffs. There are other possibilities that have not changed from the beginning.

If members or friends, or even the help pages slow down, it's not because interest has waned, it is only because, people are at a loss.

This is something I've worried about. I'm sure if the letter sounded like AH it easily could have been written by someone who knew her well and I've said over and over that I'm astounded how those close to her have behaved. None of it seemed to make sense. I agree that in my opinion the letter had to have been typed, as well as the envelope. I also feel strongly that whoever wrote that letter had to know AH well enough to sound like her. Add to that the fact that her friends haven't tightened up their public profiles or that they've posted about her just leads me to believe that at the very least they know what happened. My own daughter, in her senior year, was involved in a very precarious situation and as a result we had to send her out of town for almost three weeks for her own protection. Because of the serious threat we were told by LE to not tell anyone where she was, not even her friends. For that entire time people posted on their fb pages about her, wondering where she was, begging for her to contact them, posting pictures of her and messages to her. These were girls that were really part of the family and it was heartbreaking to watch them post. This is why I'm so shocked that AH is gone and none of her "besties" have appeared to care. It just doesn't make sense. Add it to the ever-growing long list of things that just don't add up. I do believe, and have faith that LE knows more than they are saying and that this case will be solved but my greatest fear is that it won't be a happy ending. I so hope I'm wrong, I so hope that letter is from AH and that we'll all see a relieved happy family, but I'm not so sure at this juncture.

Her father presumably knows the contents of the letter and those contents seemed to have convinced him she left on her own, IMO. At least enough to reach out to her that manner.

But unless she said she would not be writing again...why not more panic? That was almost ten weeks ago.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_joeline.html

^^ This young lady is currently missing from NY.

The reason I am posting about her here is because she disappeared once previously in October 2010. She was a runaway and was not found for months. She was only 12-years-old. It is hard for me to believe Abby, at only 15-years-old, could have stayed gone through her birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. But it does happen. Joeline Thomas missed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with her family when she ran away-- and she was much younger than Abby.

I guess they are not really comparable though. Joeline is a New Yorker. She probably had much easier access to public transport, and possibly more street smarts. Abby is from a much more isolated area and I really don't understand how she could have even left N. Conway without the help of someone older.

Just something to think about. I don't really believe Abby is still gone 100% of her own free will.

On the off-chance that Abby hitchhiked out-of-town (& nobody remembers seeing her), perhaps the driver would be afraid to come forward for fear of being blamed for Abby's disappearance or death? Or was a tourist on their way out of town and hasn't seen all the media coverage? I wouldn't be aware of Abby's disappearance if it weren't for my presence on WS. Some people don't really watch the news.

IDK, every idea I come up with seems unlikely.

how do we know who her besties are? Or that she has them? Was she a loner type? Did she feel outside? I am not being snarky. I am seriously asking because I don't know the answers. I began following a short while after she went missing so there is still some catching up for me to do on details from the initial days of the investigation.

From what I read on her FB, she had some close friends. Nothing abnormal there to me.

sorry, not suggesting anything abnormal. Some kids are more social with their peers than others. My point was, if we don't know these things (and I am betting a list of close bestie friends has not been in the MSM)

So maybe it is or is not noteworthy that no big fuss APPEARS to be going on among schoolmates and peers.

ETA And isn't it a no no to sleuth minor pages or people who are not main players in investigation?

That was a very strange interview (Fox). A 3 hour drive to the studio in Boston followed by 5 minutes of Zenya saying absolutely nothing.
It's frustrating, all the silence. After 2 months of her being missing you would think they would loosen up a bit and share information. If I lived 1000 miles from NC and they thought she may be there, I would be looking.
Her pages on FB are mostly filled with stranger's comments. No friends to be seen. So unusual for girls her age.
Where's Dad, why won't he show his face and not just quote verses on FB? He never even showed up at any news conferences or vigils.

I do not recall one other investigation being handled this way, family is usually very vocal and always present in the news. Look at all the other recent missing girls, where is the history, backgrounds etc? No one is talking so to me everyone is hiding something big.

http://missing.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing-child

This is a site for missing kids in NY state...there are about twenty listed as runaways and some have been missing for ten or more years. Other teens are listed as "unknown circumstances" so it appears they do not list all teens as "runaway" automatically. Only posting it to show that a few months is nothing compared to how long many of them have managed to stay away, assuming they are alive.

I don't really have a point except to note the varying lengths of time and assumed reason for disappearances. I think that when LE lists a young person as a runaway, they have a history or have left a note and/or taken supplies. With Abigail, LE appears to be hedging their bets, IMO. I think they believe she left of her own will but do not dare leave it at that, since they have none of the usual clues. JMO

sorry, not suggesting anything abnormal. Some kids are more social with their peers than others. My point was, if we don't know these things (and I am betting a list of close bestie friends has not been in the MSM)

So maybe it is or is not noteworthy that no big fuss APPEARS to be going on among schoolmates and peers.

IMO, not that unusual. Teens are very self-centered. I recall being shocked by the return to "normalcy" on social media by friends of Sierra's, and others, even once it was indicated she had been kidnapped and murdered. An occasional comment, maybe, but not much more. I think they mostly are geared to carrying on with their own lives. I am still shocked when I see, for example, little posts like "I am so hungry" or "I need new clothes" from a close friend of a missing or murdered teen. I do think that times have changed...

IMO, not that unusual. Teens are very self-centered. I recall being shocked by the return to "normalcy" on social media by friends of Sierra's, and others, even once it was indicated she had been kidnapped and murdered. An occasional comment, maybe, but not much more. I think they mostly are geared to carrying on with their own lives. I am still shocked when I see, for example, little posts like "I am so hungry" or "I need new clothes" from a close friend of a missing or murdered teen. I do think that times have changed...

I don't disagree, but then, that is its own thread . . .

Unless they are lying.

I have had these same thoughts/fears, Steleheart.

Another snowstorm heading to us in NH this week, along with very cold temps. Thinking of Abby, and sending support to Zenya and Sarah.

Drove I93 up north to Lincoln tonight. I didn't see one billboard, bumper sticker, or sign.

I also noticed the powerline trails....cleared, but not a place I'd want to walk thru. Some brush sticking up...and I'd be fearful of ticks. Not sure why anyone would want to walk thru there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90