GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this first happened I had no idea it would last this long and that Abby still wouldn't be home. :(

1. Abby Hernandez‏@Abby_Hernandez78 Jan 2013
im on this part of youtube again.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHYyya2pSo …
View media Hide media
 Embed Tweet

A year ago on Jan. 8, this is what was on your mind. "this part of youtube" is an entire section of runing away videos. The one you quoted is one that is a parody of all that can go wrong with running away. It's pretty funny. The others are about the pros and cons of running away. Some are instructional, some are serious and some are not.
"im on this part of youtube again" you said. At first I took this as a kind of typical young teen with angst about wanting to be on her own, to be free of restrictions, and etc. I remember that. I remember feeling that way. I don't think that's unusual, though. But you said "again". You were 14 for 3 months at the time. You had not yet left 8th grade, not graduated. "again"? When was the first time?

For 3 months I tried to shrug it off as nothing but right now no one knows where you are! What makes a young adult like you leave everything and everyone behind?

I don't see a girl who is sad or depressed or unhappy.
No. I see a person who is introverted, yes, contemplative - absolutely, empathetic, spiritual, sensitive, private - but most of all loving.
Sometimes people like us run inside. Sometimes we run outside. But if we run away... we need - we SO need - to know that we can run back. We CAN run back HOME. We Need to! Even if...
'Home' is not exactly the house you were in before. There are so many people waiting for you. So many ways you can be helped. How do you feel? Can you try?

This case is just going no where? Why hasn't anyone stepped up to the plate with some information that could help this case?? Somebody out there knows something and why they have chosen not to come forward is wrong. Someone mentioned this snap chat thing awhile back, who was she talking to on snap chat? Also I found a comment she made on twitter to someone shortly before she went missing that she was a hot mess? What exactly does this mean? So many unanswered questions, nothing from the LE to help the community to know where to search other than keep passing and sharing her photo. My feeling is by the sound of the letter from Abby's mom that she is not that far away when her mother states I will come and pick you up? To me that might indicate that they feel Abigail is still in New Hampshire or some state close by maybe like Vermont, ME or MA?? I just wish that she would make contact with her mom again or at least a friend that would come forward.

Friendly reminder:
Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules, Etiquette & Information

If you can't link it, you can't post it.

:tyou:

If you did run away, like your dad says, there is nothing that can't be worked out.

That's not true in the least. Having worked with runaways and having personal experience there are things that cannot be worked out and some have no choice but to runaway. I will give you an example. One runaway I helped was being molested by her stepfather and beaten in the face by her mother.

I told her to call the police. She didn't even know she could. The police then threatened her not the mother or stepfather. I told her to call CPS and I did as well. CPS then ignored her completely. She ran away I told her to go to her dads. Her dad then abandoned her on the doorstep of the molester.

There are situations where these kids have absolutely no alternative but to runaway and if they ever make any contact the police will act as a taxi service, pick them up and place them right back into the abusive environment. In the situation with the girl I helped she would have gone to a foster home or group home or anywhere but they wouldn't let her.

No one helps these kids. What would you have her do? Be abused? I am not saying thats whats going on in this case I am saying in a lot of cases I have seen abuse and the kids either had no options or didn't know their options. You aren't exactly taught your options and rights as a kid in school. Every time she went to the police or CPS she was beaten.

So yeah there are things that absolutely can not be worked out because society has refused to help these kids. [modsnip] More power to her.

That's not true in the least. Having worked with runaways and having personal experience there are things that cannot be worked out and some have no choice but to runaway. I will give you an example. One runaway I helped was being molested by her stepfather and beaten in the face by her mother.

I told her to call the police. She didn't even know she could. The police then threatened her not the mother or stepfather. I told her to call CPS and I did as well. CPS then ignored her completely. She ran away I told her to go to her dads. Her dad then abandoned her on the doorstep of the molester.

There are situations where these kids have absolutely no alternative but to runaway and if they ever make any contact the police will act as a taxi service, pick them up and place them right back into the abusive environment. In the situation with the girl I helped she would have gone to a foster home or group home or anywhere but they wouldn't let her.

No one helps these kids. What would you have her do? Be abused? I am not saying thats whats going on in this case I am saying in a lot of cases I have seen abuse and the kids either had no options or didn't know their options. You aren't exactly taught your options and rights as a kid in school. Every time she went to the police or CPS she was beaten.

So yeah there are things that absolutely can not be worked out because society has refused to help these kids.<Mod Snip>. More power to her.

Whoah.. Wait a minute. Of course I respect your personal opinion but I was referring to Abby, and what her father stated in his letter to her, which was she could come to him, as she had done before, and there was nothing that they couldn't work out. I would NEVER encourage anyone to return to an abusive environment but this is about Abigail, and there is zero evidence she suffered any kind of abuse at home. JMO

:truce:

Whoah.. Wait a minute. Of course I respect your personal opinion but I was referring to Abby, and what her father stated in his letter to her, which was she could come to him, as she had done before, and there was nothing that they couldn't work out. I would NEVER encourage anyone to return to an abusive environment but this is about Abigail, and there is zero evidence she suffered any kind of abuse at home. JMO

:truce:

Exactly.

Not every missing child nor missing child that is being tagged a runaway without clear evidence is like the child you tried to help, Thirteen. People come here and have an experience and sometimes due to strong passionate feelings tend to group them all into one, but they are all very different.

I think there are many people who care about Abby, and would help her work things out. I don't really know what to think...abduction, runaway, self harm. Someone knows. They need to speak up.

I have been trying to stay caught up , but it is possible I missed this.
If LE thought she was truly a runaway , would they withhold the postmark on the letter or the contents of the letter?
I would think they would release that info if in fact they believed she was a runway. Just a thought that I can't shake

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I think Thirteen's contribution was an interesting one and while not necessarily representative of Abby's situation it raises a point that hasn't been mentioned very often in this thread.
In the interest of exploring all angles I'm going to risk the onslaught of disagreement and say that on paper, for me anyways, Abby's personal life/home situation may have been very precarious.
It was her first year in high school, fair amount of moving around, sister away at school, new step-dad, her dad in another state...other things, but I believe all of these can be verified by MSM.

I think Thirteen's contribution was an interesting one and while not necessarily representative of Abby's situation it raises a point that hasn't been mentioned very often in this thread.
In the interest of exploring all angles I'm going to risk the onslaught of disagreement and say that on paper, for me anyways, Abby's personal life/home situation may have been very precarious.
It was her first year in high school, fair amount of moving around, sister away at school, new step-dad, her dad in another state...other things, but I believe all of these can be verified by MSM.

My opinion is that she did not run away. I have never once entertained the idea, actually. For me, everything about Abby's case points to an abduction, even the letter. I guess I'm stubborn that way.

That being said, I do think she was at-risk given her family life. What that life was like...who knows? But we do know all of what you mentioned above...all of which are stressors for adolescents. Some kids choose drugs, some choose sex, some choose drama club, some choose track as a way to cope. We don't really know how Abby was dealing with her life, all of the positives and negatives.

There does seem to be a lot of intolerance for a theory of Abby running away. I don't buy that theory but I think it should be a topic we can discuss. Let's just always remember to classify our opinions as just that, our opinion.

Abby, find your way home, kiddo.

New step dad? I don't remember reading that. But the rest, yes... first year of high school is tough anyway but with her sister leaving she may have felt more alone. It does sound like she has close friends though.

New step dad? I don't remember reading that. But the rest, yes... first year of high school is tough anyway but with her sister leaving she may have felt more alone. It does sound like she has close friends though.

You are right, Hap...boyfriend not step-dad.

Thanks, Mama. Sure wish we could find Abby.

My opinion is that she did not run away. I have never once entertained the idea, actually. For me, everything about Abby's case points to an abduction, even the letter. I guess I'm stubborn that way.

That being said, I do think she was at-risk given her family life. What that life was like...who knows? But we do know all of what you mentioned above...all of which are stressors for adolescents. Some kids choose drugs, some choose sex, some choose drama club, some choose track as a way to cope. We don't really know how Abby was dealing with her life, all of the positives and negatives.

There does seem to be a lot of intolerance for a theory of Abby running away. I don't buy that theory but I think it should be a topic we can discuss. Let's just always remember to classify our opinions as just that, our opinion.

Abby, find your way home, kiddo.

I agree, I just simply do not believe that Abby ran away. I'm not feeling it..... I truly feel that somehow and someway she was abducted and is still being held against her will...... We don't know if there has been another letter or any other form of communication, but my feeling is that there hasn't been... I'm still hoping for her safe return!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc