GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm encouraged there was contact and at the same time very worried for Abby tonight. I'm sad for Abby's mom and sister and hope that her mother realizes she has thousands of supporters, regardless of what she reads on the internet.

!BRING ABBY HOME!

CONWAY, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned that there are significant developments in the case of missing Conway teen Abby Hernandez. The FBI is set to release more information at a news conference slated for Friday morning.

In a press release announcing the news conference, the FBI stressed that Hernandez has not been found. The focus of the press conference, the FBI said, will be "to update the public about the status of the investigation." No other details about Hernandez or the investigation will be released until the press conference, the release stated.

The press conference will take place in Concord, N.H. Friday morning at 11 a.m.

Kieran Ramsey, the ranking FBI Agent working the Hernandez case told FOX 25 Reporter Bob Ward that the press conference would provide "substantive new information" about the case.

He added, "We have grave concerns for her safety."

Hernandez has been missing from Conway, N.H. since Oct. 9. She was last seen leaving Kennett High School at about 2:30 p.m. that day. Police said she made it home, but wasn't there when her mother came home later that day.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...s-in-the-abigail-hernandez-case#ixzz2mf85wRXy

I haven't been able to get here in a while. Can someone fill me in about the dad? Last I knew there was no info about him at all? TIA!

I would suggest going to the myfoxboston.com site and also listening to the broadcast. It says more than the news article itself.

If the information is so substantive and was known awhile back, it's curious they didn't release it awhile back. It might have helped to find her sooner. Maybe some old info mixed with some new test results? Or just going through things like date , electronics, phone records ? Surely that's all been done weeks ago.

Be safe young lady!

Watching the fox 25 broadcast and listening to what kieran ramsey of fbi had to say even a month ago leads me to believe he does NOT think she had ran away

I know. I do believe Mom had some reason to believe AH had entered a vehicle. It makes sense that AH may have entered a vehicle with someone she knows, but someone who isn't "safe" and things went bad. As a young woman I heard about a student on campus who entered a car with someone she had known for all her life. She didn't know he suffered from mental illness and he was having a psychotic break. He took her to a remote spot and luckily she was able to convince him to go to a diner where there were people and she could get help. Just because AH potentially called her mother in no way means she's safe. And getting into a car with an unsafe individual with no intent to run away may be exactly what happened.

http://www.necn.com/12/05/13/FBI-NH...nding_mobile.html?blockID=859243&feedID=11106

<SBM>

WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1bKV4Hm ) that the FBI said it developed information a couple of weeks ago that she had been in touch with her mother after she disappeared but not recently.

Special agent Kieran Ramsey said, "We don't know that she is well or safe by any means. In fact, we have grave concerns for her safety."

Officials plan to release new information at a news conference on Friday.

How does information get "developed"? Generally people say that information was learned, obtained, received, etc. Just seems like a curious way to state this unless, of course, it truly was developed via some labor intensive method and/or the piecing together from multiple data sources. I guess we'll know tomorrow...

How does information get "developed"? Generally people say that information was learned, obtained, received, etc. Just seems like a curious way to state this unless, of course, it truly was developed via some labor intensive method and/or the piecing together from multiple data sources. I guess we'll know tomorrow...

I agree. It doesn't sound as if ZH shared that info with LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't get is why LE weren't wiretapping ZH, RH and boyfriend's phone from Day 1. All the search efforts and manpower and no wiretapping? They could have traced that call immediately. Am I wrong?

Tracking and voice analysis might fall into the 'development' category? Just a thought, but yes 11 hours from now we will know more.

CONWAY, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned that there are significant developments in the case of missing Conway teen Abby Hernandez. The FBI is set to release more information at a news conference slated for Friday morning.

In a press release announcing the news conference, the FBI stressed that Hernandez has not been found. The focus of the press conference, the FBI said, will be "to update the public about the status of the investigation." No other details about Hernandez or the investigation will be released until the press conference, the release stated.

The press conference will take place in Concord, N.H. Friday morning at 11 a.m.

Kieran Ramsey, the ranking FBI Agent working the Hernandez case told FOX 25 Reporter Bob Ward that the press conference would provide "substantive new information" about the case.

He added, "We have grave concerns for her safety."

Hernandez has been missing from Conway, N.H. since Oct. 9. She was last seen leaving Kennett High School at about 2:30 p.m. that day. Police said she made it home, but wasn't there when her mother came home later that day.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...s-in-the-abigail-hernandez-case#ixzz2mf85wRXy

Thank you for the update. Sad to see that Abby has still not been found. And that LE has "grave concerns for her safety".

We'll see what tomorrow's press conference holds...

I agree. It doesn't sound as if ZH shared that info with LE.

Just to clarify, I do NOT believe and/or mean to imply that ZH withheld information from LE. That makes no sense at all. What I was speculating about is whether the information was "developed" by pulling bits and pieces of data together from various sources, means and methods.

My question, which I understand cannot be answered by MSM at this time, is how sure can they be it's really Abby if there truly has been contact? It's in an abductor's best interests to make it appear like a runaway situation. I'm not sure definitive proof of safety/voluntary disappearance would have warranted the most recent press conference, which was nonetheless so carefully worded. You'd think more attention and press conferences would make a runaway less likely to return.

Also, all of the reports on this still say "weeks after her disappearance" and not "after running away" or the like. I'm wondering if that's just the standard wording. Obviously there's more to it if they have "grave concerns for her safety."

Good points! In addition, I wonder if Abby wasn't drugged or forced to make those calls to mom under duress? Just a thought, but we really don't know if she willingly ran away yet....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

What I don't get is why LE weren't wiretapping ZH, RH and boyfriend's phone from Day 1. All the search efforts and manpower and no wiretapping? They could have traced that call immediately. Am I wrong?

Do we know for certain that it was a telephone call that mom received? Maybe it was email sent to her work? Or could have been snail mail, Facebook message or any other instant messaging service.

Also, JMO but mom may not have believed it was actually from Abby at first. I'm sure she is receiving all sorts of messages from sickos out there. Maybe info wasn't released until they could confirm it was actually from Abby? JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I am kind of shell shocked at this latest development. I am anxiously waiting on the press conference.
I had found it strange that there was very little said about the other boy . I am leaning towards thinking she met with this boy, whom she really didn't know and things got bad.
I am praying that that phone call brings Abby home.
I doubt Abbys phone was the device used to call her mom, unless it was the 630 phone call, but I am hoping whatever device was used was traceable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Maybe we are going to hear that fish and game was right about the 630 cell usage. Maybe that's why ZH called the authorities so quickly and why there was such a massive response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28