GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things..

We had a family member who unfortunately.. Well, in this case fortunately - was caught on security camera riffling through our desk, open a drawer and with bare hands pull out and open an envelope stuffed with cash. She had taken almost $600 in $20 bills. Since we saw her doing this via footage, us and LE wanted fingerprints too, since she was denying the whole thing anyway. Low and behold, there were NO finger prints found on the envelope, which was a standard letter size, with the blue security design on the inside. Had we not had a security camera up it would be our word against hers without fingerprints. Nobody's fingerprints showed up, mine, husbands, hers, accidental LE. It didn't hold them.. Food for thought that not everything is fingerprintable.

Also. Did anyone catch ZH facial expression when the police chief stated the letter should have been brought to attention sooner than it had been during the pressers. Aren't the people holding the pressers aware of what is to be said before they address the media? What do you think her reaction to that specific statement is?

I believe the existence of the letter was released because the hoped for evidence or leads were not there in relation to the letter and therefore the FBI and LE saw no risk in releasing word of it's existence. The reason for keeping it quiet was in order to attempt to work the lead without public interference and any perps knowing how or if the letter existed or arrived at its destination. Once that tactic did not gain them any further leads, they saw no reason NOT to let the public know the letter existed.

Then why not let the contents of the letter known, And I have already heard the "it could affect the investigation" argument. It doesnt look like the investigation is gaining any ground at this point.

To prevent copycats there are idiots all over this world who troll the net, contacting families with false leads, hoax sightings, etc.

Either that or the content of the letter factors into why she is not home and indicates she left willingly but is still in the in the eyes of LE at risk or endangered.

I think a lot of someones know something. I bet the mother has some idea what kind of a person took Abby, wether or not she went willingly. She did say from the get go she feared Abby took a ride with someone she knew and it all went bad. That leads me to believe there was someone in Abby's life that the mother didn't approve of.

Ohhhhh Donna:

A 'letter' is a private communication. In my eyes, that is. What say you?

tlcya,,,,Well, then, if it is true she did go willingly she probably looks nothing like her pictures any longer if she is still alive. If she was unhappy at home it would be good for the mother to say so. I don't recall her saying anything either way. Did anyone else?

Abby went missing that Wednesday, October 9th. She went with the Campbells to the Fryeburg fair that prior Sunday. How did she spend every waking hour of the two days in between?

It looks like we have lost a lot of the regulars here. I hope they haven't lost interest.

Hehehe @ the Oh Donna. By the way I can't stand that song. Well, if the content of the letter could assist the public in looking for Abby, then the privacy should be secondary. I would gladly let it go public.

Ahhhhh Donna-that is one of my most favorite songs from that era-be proud of your NAME lol.

My fav artist from back then is Buddy Holly.

Re the letter and privacy......letter must have been rather boring/mundane to be shared, surely?

I am still here. Check in every day. All of the incredible posters here have covered everything I have thought of. The letter.....I think it said that she left willingly and they don't want it known or she will be tagged as just another runaway. I don't think she went willingly to just disappear. Initially she may have gone willingly...for a short drive somewhere , but that was not the intention of the abductor, unfortunately. There are so many cases on here that have gone by the wayside because all info has dried up. I hope this does not go the same way.

I think a lot of us would like to see for ourselves if the letter is boring or mundane? I like my name , not the song hehe. I would also like to see if the postmark is boring or mundane also.

Good to see you Marg,,,,,,it does seem like that it has dried up. Perhaps people are busy with the holidays.

It's so diabolical the way she is gone. Nobody's fault except the perp. Makes me sick but I don't give up ever. Right over might anytime. Good over evil. Matter of time.

I think a lot of us would like to see for ourselves if the letter is boring or mundane? I like my name , not the song hehe. I would also like to see if the postmark is boring or mundane also.

Funny you are....as if at this time any of it would be mundane/boring...

So then, let's start over with 'private'.
Imagine a private communication between daughter and mum. And the world out there who demands to know contents of letter. Now, put yourself in the shoes of Law Enforcement.

Two things..

We had a family member who unfortunately.. Well, in this case fortunately - was caught on security camera riffling through our desk, open a drawer and with bare hands pull out and open an envelope stuffed with cash. She had taken almost $600 in $20 bills. Since we saw her doing this via footage, us and LE wanted fingerprints too, since she was denying the whole thing anyway. Low and behold, there were NO finger prints found on the envelope, which was a standard letter size, with the blue security design on the inside. Had we not had a security camera up it would be our word against hers without fingerprints. Nobody's fingerprints showed up, mine, husbands, hers, accidental LE. It didn't hold them.. Food for thought that not everything is fingerprintable.

Also. Did anyone catch ZH facial expression when the police chief stated the letter should have been brought to attention sooner than it had been during the pressers. Aren't the people holding the pressers aware of what is to be said before they address the media? What do you think her reaction to that specific statement is?
i don't recall anybody saying that. It was said that they'd received some leads/information they probably should have received in the first few days. On iPad but the press conference link is here somewhere.

I believe law enforcement stated that the contents wouldn't be devulged as it would hinder the investigation, not because it was private.

I'm still here, waiting, hoping. I think about saying something often but then think it has already been said soooo many times :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx