NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Came back to check on this thread because of Apache Jane doe being identified. I guess her father was half german half African American who was adopted at birth, which made her identification via genealogy very difficult. That gives me hope though, that MC can be identified as well.
Oh they will do it, it will just continue to be a slog until they get that critical match and/or one of the things that happens a lot on cases is that there is often a "mystery within a mystery" where there is an adoption or not parent expected or someone is left off a census...then it will go quickly.

1702085742609.jpegIt starts with a gruesome scene: four bodies — three children and one woman — found stuffed into two blue barrels near Bear Brook State Park in New Hampshire. “Bear Brook” played a role in the rise of forensic genealogy, as it told the story of how investigators inched toward finding justice for the victims more than 35 years later — and how a victim’s family reckoned with the man imprisoned for her murder maintaining he’s innocent
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and bearbrookpodcast.com.

I recall it mentioned TPR had a room at the mill he kept under lock and key.
Not sure of the source or of its validity.

My post was positing the idea that perhaps school records should be searched again, this time with a name, to see if Marie attended school while they were in NH. My reason for suggesting this was to help narrow down the timeline, should her name be found. At least now investigators would have more to go on.
Any possibility that she was enrolled under a different name Evans maybe???

Anything is possible, for sure, including Marie was never enrolled, or was enrolled under a different name entirely, including her first name. From what I recall, Marlyse also used aliases, and when she left CA, I believe Marie's father had custody of her. I'm going by memory, so I'm okay being corrected here. So it would make sense that, if Marie had been enrolled, she may have been under a different name.

I think the info comes across as "vague" because it's very difficult to go back that far for records or people that are still alive and remember everything. For example the real Curtis Kimball (his mid 1980's AKA) also worked at the same company in Texas-however he did not know Rasmussen and had no idea how he got all his identifying information. So did Rasmussen dig thru the central records office of the company? Or find it by other means? There is just no way to know for sure now.
Myself I would like to know did they do a background check on Terry when he allegedly was hired as the head electrician at Waumbec Mills in Manchester, NH. Waumbec Mills was owned by Berkshire Hathaway at the time. Closed that mill down in 1980's. So was he the head electrician, under the name of Robert T. Evans an alias. Prior to that 11/1978 he appeared to use his real name. So was there a real Robert Evans that had the qualifications? Also he established a Checking account at one of the local banks and bounced a check 12/21/79 for heating oil for his residency at 925 Hayward Street Manchester NH. A certified letter was mailed to that address regarding that check and a person signed for it with the name Elizabeth Evans.

If Marie did go to school in Machester NH there was one a block up from 925 Hayward St. Hallsville was on the corner of Jewett and Hayward. School is now closed and any records would not be at the school building but some where else. The School's Administration Unit is on Hecker Street in Manchester NH. Terry / Bob Evans met Marlyse as far as what is known, and was last seen in California in 1978. Marie was born in December 1971 so would of been 7 years old Dec of 1978. Old enough to start 2nd grade but probably should have or would have transferred any school grades from 1st grade, if she started later and had to wait till she was almost 7 to enter 1st grade. In NH that would of been 1978/79 September school starting year. either 1st or 2nd grade. NH if your birthday comes later in the year they don't let you into 1st grade until you are almost 7. Marie would of been 7 December of 1978. She would of been six 1977, may of started 1st grade year of 1978/79. 79/80 8 yrs old 2nd grade, 1980/81 3rd grade. Not sure but think date of demise was 1980. Sometime before his 3rd arrest which he didn't list a spouse. That is if the Elizabeth who signed the certified 1980 was Marlyse. Elizabeth was her middle name as well as I believe Marie Vau****'s middle name. Seems they had a somewhat normal life up until that time in NH. So why wouldn't the child go to school.

Myself I would like to know did they do a background check on Terry when he allegedly was hired as the head electrician at Waumbec Mills in Manchester, NH. Waumbec Mills was owned by Berkshire Hathaway at the time. Closed that mill down in 1980's. So was he the head electrician, under the name of Robert T. Evans an alias. Prior to that 11/1978 he appeared to use his real name. So was there a real Robert Evans that had the qualifications? Also he established a Checking account at one of the local banks and bounced a check 12/21/79 for heating oil for his residency at 925 Hayward Street Manchester NH. A certified letter was mailed to that address regarding that check and a person signed for it with the name Elizabeth Evans.
Even school records though ?

I’m trying to wrap my head around what exactly a background check would have consisted of at that time.
They say Terry / Robert Evans in possible 1978 was Head Electrician. Possibly that is. That name Robert T. Evans was an alias. There were at least 3 or 4 real Robert Evans living in Manchester NH. One of which actually worked for Public Service or said to work at Public Service. Though Terry was trained, why not use his real name when applying for that Job at Waumbec Mills. Maybe just a few coincidences.

They say Terry / Robert Evans in possible 1978 was Head Electrician. Possibly that is. That name Robert T. Evans was an alias. There were at least 3 or 4 real Robert Evans living in Manchester NH. One of which actually worked for Public Service or said to work at Public Service. Though Terry was trained, why not use his real name when applying for that Job at Waumbec Mills. Maybe just a few coincidences.
From what I recall, his wife had filed for child support, and if he applied for a job with his real name, his wages would have been garnished. They had been garnished at his previously known job. Also, we still don't know the circumstances under which his daughter ended up in his custody, he may have been trying to evade the MC's maternal family as well.
I can't recall where I read it, but I recall he worked at a VA home in NH right before the mill, and I believe he was using Bob Evans then, too. So it appears he may have picked up Bob Evans before he ended up in NH, and that there were other Bob Evans in the area may have been a coincidence.

From what I recall, his wife had filed for child support, and if he applied for a job with his real name, his wages would have been garnished. They had been garnished at his previously known job. Also, we still don't know the circumstances under which his daughter ended up in his custody, he may have been trying to evade the MC's maternal family as well.
I can't recall where I read it, but I recall he worked at a VA home in NH right before the mill, and I believe he was using Bob Evans then, too. So it appears he may have picked up Bob Evans before he ended up in NH, and that there were other Bob Evans in the area may have been a coincidence.
What I'm having difficulty understanding, If true how did he get the job as head electrician at Waumbec Mills. They say he may of been working there since 1978. That mill business moved and closed and was dismantled in 1980. I have a difficult time thinking anyone can walk in get a Head Electrician's job without a background but I suppose it could happen. But 1978 the Mill wasn't ready to close down not until I believe 1980 did the decision be made. PSNH is the electric utility company in NH. There was one or two Robert Evans's working for PSNH, but this isn't verified.

When he applied to work in Southern Calif. as an electrician (1984) he submitted a very believable looking apllication with work history etc. They took him on a job and he showed he knew what he was doing and he was hired. Different times and only way to "background check" was some phone calls-and if phone number no longer connected easily explained away by him.

What I'm having difficulty understanding, If true how did he get the job as head electrician at Waumbec Mills. They say he may of been working there since 1978. That mill business moved and closed and was dismantled in 1980. I have a difficult time thinking anyone can walk in get a Head Electrician's job without a background but I suppose it could happen. But 1978 the Mill wasn't ready to close down not until I believe 1980 did the decision be made. PSNH is the electric utility company in NH. There was one or two Robert Evans's working for PSNH, but this isn't verified.

I had to look up the history of background checks before the age of the information super highway, because I had no clue.

According to the internet, background checks weren't really a thing until the late 70s/early 80s, so TPR may have fallen through the cracks. I believe checking references and credentials would have been the process back then. But detecting fraud only worked *if* the hiring company picked up the phone and called the references and verified the credentials. So if TPR said I'm Bob Evans, here's my electrician's license, you can verify with XYZ state’s board of licensing, and here's a reference letter from my former employer (all in Bob's name), they could have confirmed those things were valid or not. But if they didn't also ask for photo ID, or take fingerprints, which, I don't think the manufacturing industry did unless working with the government, they'd have no way of knowing TPR was using an alias. And if everything else under Bob's name could have checked out, they most likely would have taken TPR’s word for it he was Bob Evans. And that's if they even bothered to check the references or credentials.

What I'm curious about is if he simply pulled the name Bob Evans out of the air or if he actually knew an electrician by that name and stole his identity.

If I’m mistaken about any of this, please feel free to correct it.

On a side note, my first job was in 1982. I don't recall having to prove my identity to obtain it. I just filled out an application, had an interview and was hired. The only info I needed was my name, address, DOB, and SSN, all of which, for all they knew, could have been my older sister's. Other than my social security card, I didn't have any other ID at the time.

Last edited:
When he applied to work in Southern Calif. as an electrician (1984) he submitted a very believable looking apllication with work history etc. They took him on a job and he showed he knew what he was doing and he was hired. Different times and only way to "background check" was some phone calls-and if phone number no longer connected easily explained away by him.
Thanks for the insight on his subsequent work history and how he pulled it off. Have you heard updates on the identification of his daughter lately?

I had to look up the history of background checks before the age of the information super highway, because I had no clue.

According to the internet, background checks weren't really a thing until the late 70s/early 80s, so TPR may have fallen through the cracks. I believe checking references and credentials would have been the process back then. But detecting fraud only worked *if* the hiring company picked up the phone and called the references and verified the credentials. So if TPR said I'm Bob Evans, here's my electrician's license, you can verify with XYZ state’s board of licensing, and here's a reference letter from my former employer (all in Bob's name), they could have confirmed those things were valid or not. But if they didn't also ask for photo ID, or take fingerprints, which, I don't think the manufacturing industry did unless working with the government, they'd have no way of knowing TPR was using an alias. And if everything else under Bob's name could have checked out, they most likely would have taken TPR’s word for it he was Bob Evans. And that's if they even bothered to check the references or credentials.

What I'm curious about is if he simply pulled the name Bob Evans out of the air or if he actually knew an electrician by that name and stole his identity.

If I’m mistaken about any of this, please feel free to correct it.

On a side note, my first job was in 1982. I don't recall having to prove my identity to obtain it. I just filled out an application, had an interview and was hired. The only info I needed was my name, address, DOB, and SSN, all of which, for all they knew, could have been my older sister's. Other than my social security card, I didn't have any other ID at the time.
Most of my first jobs didn't require certification so to speak. I later got a job doing some IT stuff but I knew some of the people that worked for the company also but I did have certain skills. That job was in the early 2000's. Anyways I graduated H.S. around that time, worked some but then through work did get knowledge in a field, and went on to get a couple of degrees. I like school.

Anyways looked into the Robert Evans's in and around Manchester. At one time there were 3 or 4 listings just in Manchester. From say the Early 60's on. One of the Robert Evans's I wonder about. I've seen 2 that have actually worked for the electric utility company at the times and one of these I wonder about, legit or not. Some even lived in the neighborhood that Terry / Bob Evans was living at, the Hayward St 925 address. Seems Terry Killed two birds or three by moving to NH. The isotope mapping of his bio-child seems to be limited, but recently was opened up so to speak, 2019 I think it was. They use the Isotopes on those who have been gone a long long time also.

I sometimes wonder how many "others" could of been or were held liable for child support. Not any but those relevant to Terry. I can think of more than a few. I think what also can be assumed is that he was also a Pedophile, and apparently didn't live on the streets.

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder how many "others" could of been or were held liable for child support. Not any but those relevant to Terry. I can think of more than a few. I think what also can be assumed is that he was also a Pedophile.
He was certainly physically abusive to his first family, both his wife and children. Very cruel, torturous, not just impulsive violence, though there was a lot of that, too. I seem to remember cigarette burns on one of the kids being impetus for his wife to gather her kids and flee. Source was a documentary... I think it was called The Chameleon Killer.

I don't know if there is public evidence of him being sexually abusive of children. His children from his first family and the child he abducted and abandoned as a living Jane Doe would probably know.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T
Back