Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the first 2 pictures inside the store, she has her coat on. In the third picture, she does not have her coat on. ??
At first I thought that she didn't have her coat on in the third picture, but looking at it more closely I think the coat is on....but it is open. It is black on black, so hard to see the definition. In the first two pictures the hood is on her head and in the third picture the hood is pushed back. I think that is the only difference.

Is that the office of the Dollar General? Looks like an office- not the store per se. Wonder if she knew someone there and I wonder what she bought. (two recent self harm cases on WS had women buying things in the dollar store right before their demise so.... :( )
Yeah, I'd love to know what she bought; I think it could potentially give us a better idea as to what this is.

It really does look like a DG office.
Did she have a friend that worked there?
Opened an unlocked door?
Is there access to the roof or air ducts that was unsecured?
I'm pretty sure it's not an office.

If you look at the unedited photos from the police FB page you can see the store's glass doors on the left and a "Thank You for Shopping" sign along with a product display case on the right.

I think she's at a self-checkout counter. They often have cameras for anti-theft purposes.

image.jpeg

422917980_718585947066844_2547487829440660596_n.jpg

If you look at the unedited photos from the police FB page you can see the store's glass doors on the left and a "Thank You for Shopping" sign along with a product display case on the right.

I think she's at a self-checkout counter. They often have cameras for anti-theft purposes.

View attachment 478059

422917980_718585947066844_2547487829440660596_n.jpg

Yes definitely the self check at the DG. This one looks the exact same as the one in my area. They removed the long counter where there were 2 clerk positions (usually only one open) and put in a row of self checks with only a small counter for an employee clerk to help if you need tobacco or other ‘behind glass’ items. You can see the scanners for the small clerk stand behind Ashleys left shoulder (on our right side in photo). DG employees typically hang clipboards with work info beside the small clerk stand. I have seen several DG stores in my area being redone recently in this fashion. More self checks and less employees I am afraid.

It would be helpful if they could release what items she purchased. Hopefully she has just taken some time away and gone somewhere to clear her head. So many people seem to lose hope and fall to self harm especially this time of year. Seasonal Affective Disorder is very real.

Of course it's hard to tell in still images (images taken from a video are rarely flattering) but she looks really fatigued and limp...wondering if she was intoxicated in some way? I'm sure the actual video is more telling.
I’m wondering if Ashley was experiencing a medical event. The droopy eyes, her mouth slack to one side. Could she have suffered a stroke and become disoriented?

I keep thinking about that river.

MOO

I'm really stuck on the three day window between when Ashley's family last saw her at home (Thursday) and when her car was found/she was reported missing (Sunday). If she lived at home with family, surely they noticed she wasn't there Thursday night/Friday/Saturday. Where did they think she was? I'm sure this is something the police have already looked into, but I'm really curious if it was normal for her to be away from home for several days at a time and if so, where she would normally have gone. IMO, MOO, etc.

Sometimes missing people stop at Dollar stores or similar before going missing, IMO. Just an observation. I don't know what it means. I really hope she will be found soon.
Right. I'm wondering if she brought some type of meds and took them. If they didn't have the desired effect, did she go back to purchase more? Did the dogs find any scent at all? It looks like a road runs behind the town hall with a heavily wooded area on the other head. How well was that area searched, if searched at all?

View attachment 478059
(second photo snipped)
What are those skin-colored strips on her face in this photo?
ETA photo
421708176_718593750399397_7948033248274753924_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes definitely the self check at the DG. This one looks the exact same as the one in my area. They removed the long counter where there were 2 clerk positions (usually only one open) and put in a row of self checks with only a small counter for an employee clerk to help if you need tobacco or other ‘behind glass’ items. You can see the scanners for the small clerk stand behind Ashleys left shoulder (on our right side in photo). DG employees typically hang clipboards with work info beside the small clerk stand. I have seen several DG stores in my area being redone recently in this fashion. More self checks and less employees I am afraid.

It would be helpful if they could release what items she purchased. Hopefully she has just taken some time away and gone somewhere to clear her head. So many people seem to lose hope and fall to self harm especially this time of year. Seasonal Affective Disorder is very real.
I’m curious though why her movement is from the area of the exit-entrance doors toward what is apparently a self checkout. That is, self checkouts and regular registers would have you making your selections in the store and then as you check out in either manner, you’d be facing toward the exit doors as you check out. She appears to walk past the exit doors back into the building as if she’s walking into the store so perhaps she was approaching an in store ATM?

Tried to catch up with most of these recent posts, but I scanned through quickly. Did anyone already mention that media is saying she was at the dollar store twice (visits very close together 9:18 & 10:44). Pls see attached.

I did see someone offered the theory that maybe she had purchased meds, & if/when they didn’t have the “desired effect” she could have returned for that reason. (Not saying this is what happened … Who knows?)

I didn’t notice any other posts that mentioned the two separate visits to the stores & those times, but I could have missed it.

Attachments

• IMG_7238.jpeg
    IMG_7238.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 15

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads