NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators believe that from 1974-1978, Rasmussen likely spent time in some or all of the following states: New Hampshire, Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon and Virginia.

We know TR was in NH, TX, AZ would like to know what information LE has to also include CA, OR and VA in the time period 1974-1978 other than he married his wife in Norfolk, VA and picked berries in Oregon in which we do not know when or if any of those events actually occured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TY yes thats it ... Was recalling the video from my vague senior moment memory : )

I'm glad you posted about it because I could have sworn I had seen something saying they were all killed with blunt force trauma. I re-watched the 2015 press conference and they were clear to say they knew how the two found in 2000 died but they were not releasing that info at the time. So then I started second-guessing my memory. After I read your post I thought I recalled that video too. I found that Oakhill Research posted something on their blog about the image of the small child's skull being released in May 2016. So I went back to the Allenstown thread to posts from May 2016 and found this video posted there.

Investigators believe that from 1974-1978, Rasmussen likely spent time in some or all of the following states: New Hampshire, Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon and Virginia.

We know TR was in NH, TX, AZ would like to know what information LE has to also include CA, OR and VA in the time period 1974-1978 other than he married his wife in Norfolk, VA and picked berries in Oregon in which we do not know when or if any of those events actually occured.

That's interesting. I was trying to place him in Virginia or Oregon after 1981. Perhaps this info comes from interviews with his coworkers from Texas (Brown and Root)?

I apologize for any confusion on my part. I've been thinking about this case heavily since 12/2016. I've heard about it prior and had thoughts about it but never gave it as much thought as I have since 12/2016.

Going over what I've heard and what I thought I heard and my thoughts about things , going over what is known and what is purported I've spent some hours, days, trying to piece something I feel more confident about. It's even more difficult for me not being able to clarify facts from speculation. So if I asked questions which i may not of explained myself thoroughly and are known and in which I should have known, I apologize.

I've tried to say to myself put this down and try and get some other things done so many times but I keep coming back to it. From the people I've met on-line I can see so much work and effort has gone into figuring what and how this all happened. I guess one reason I keep looking into this is that I must feel that it's getting close.

The recent information of his real identity draws a whole new image of things.

One of my questions of where the picture at the outing was taken I could of known earlier had I listened to the AG's PR of 01/27/2017 more intently . Thank you for pointing me to that video where I listened again and sure enough they did mention generally were that was taken. Or I think they did. I'm familiar with that area and it's ironic in a way that I had thought about that area once before in regards to an unrelated matter.

So again I apologize for any muddying of the already murky waters and I look forward with sincerity to bringing this matter all to a close and Identify the victims of this unimaginable crime. I feel that it's getting closer to that end.

Thank you SillyGoose, I must have read different news articles on children as I did search for this information specifically. I am going to read up your links. Thank you, will be glad to be corrected.

Link what you are looking for http://www.unionleader.com/crime/in...-yield-new-clues--20170820&template=mobileart Maybe try on different device, it works fine for me.

There is nothing else or more stated about it though. I am not sure I would take it very literally. If year of 78 or 79 was confirmed that would amend many timelines, interesting thought.

Your comment in original post about shop owner meeting Bob at Mill, who you stating was already working there. Very intriguing and have not heard of it before. May I ask was this really confirmed? Where is this information from? That is quite important info imho.

I am not sure that has been confirmed, but that is what I have heard from people closer to the case than I - that BE was working at the mill before the Allenstown landowner was hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this is helpful or not but this is an old 1995 Union Leader Article :

Police Reopen an Old Murder; Allenstown Pins Hopes on 'Advancements in Forensic Science' New Hampshire Union Leader/New Hampshire Sunday News (Manchester, NH) (Published as New Hampshire Union Leader (Manchester, NH)) - November 28, 1995 Edition: State Page: A10 Readability: 10-12 grade level (Lexile: 1170)

• ALLENSTOWN (AP) - Police are hoping new techniques will help answer some questions about an old murder.
  • Little more is known about the victims than what is engraved on their granite marker in St. Jean the Baptist Cemetery: ''Here lies the mortal remains known only God of a woman age 23-33 and a girl child age 8-10. Their slain bodies were found on November 10, 1985, in Bear Brook State Park.''
  • In the months after a hunter found the bodies, hundreds of dead-end leads were followed. Now, state and local police have reopened the case, hoping advances in criminal investigations will at least help them find out who the victims were.
  • ''With the advancements in forensic science, such as DNA testing, over the years, they're now more things that can be learned than... 10 years ago. We're hoping that we'll at least be able to ID the victims,'' Allenstown Detective Robert Green said.
  • Investigators believed the victims were related - perhaps a mother and daughter, possibly siblings - due to similar dental characteristics.
  • Detectives could only confirm that the woman was 23 to 33 years old, between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall, with curly light brown hair, while the girl was estimated to be between 8 and 10 years old, about 4 feet 3 inches tall, with light brown to blonde hair. The bodies were so deteriorated experts could not determine their eye color or weight. The woman and girl apparently had been dead for six months to three years before they were found.
  • The police determined both victims died from blows to the head. They were nude, but police would not say whether they had been sexually assaulted. There had been some dismembering.
  • State police investigators tried for seven months to identify the bodies. They issued nationwide bulletins, including registering characteristics of the older victim's teeth with the National Crime Information Center.
  • Dental records produced about 1,000 possible matches with missing women, half of which investigators eliminated. The other half required more medical information than was available.
  • Investigators received several promising leads that proved fruitless, tracking down several women that callers had suspected might be the victims.
  • They checked every elementary school in the state for students who left without having their records transferred, they searched through five years of campground records at Bear Brook State Park, they monitored new entries at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the National Crime Information Center and they hunted for medical records of missing persons from Cape Cod to California. They also pursued and dismissed theories that the murders were committed by a serial killer or mobster.
  • ''With all the coverage the case had generated, you'd think that somewhere, someone would have missed a daughter or a sister, or even a friend would have missed a friend. Especially during the holiday seasons. It's a sad situation,'' said Police Chief Norman Connor.
  • About a year ago, Green and state police Sgt. David Goldstein renewed the investigation.
  • Since then, they have met with Maine Medical Examiner Dr. Henry Ryan, who is an expert on identifying skeletal remains. Ryan performed the original autopsy. The two officers also met with forensic anthropologist Dr. Marcella Sorg.
  • Ten years ago, an artist drew composite pictures of the victims. ''This time, using tissue thickness and muscle tone, we hope Dr. Sorg will be able to create a three-dimensional composite model of what the victims looked like,'' Green said.
  • He said the new investigation shows the earlier reports that the victims were Caucasian might have been inaccurate.
  • ''There's a possibility that they may have been Native Americans and the earlier estimates of their ages, especially the older victim, might be off
  • by five years or so,'' Green said.
  • The initial estimate that the victims had been murdered anywhere from six months to three years before they were found might also be
  • wrong, according to Green.
  • ''Now we feel there's a chance they could have been murdered even earlier than that,'' Green explained.
  • There is a question about whether all the evidence gathered and tested 10 years ago still is available or suitable for new testing. There is also a possibility that the bodies might be exhumed.

Don't know if this is helpful or not but this is an old 1995 Union Leader Article :

Police Reopen an Old Murder; Allenstown Pins Hopes on 'Advancements in Forensic Science' New Hampshire Union Leader/New Hampshire Sunday News (Manchester, NH) (Published as New Hampshire Union Leader (Manchester, NH)) - November 28, 1995 Edition: State Page: A10 Readability: 10-12 grade level (Lexile: 1170)

• ALLENSTOWN (AP) - Police are hoping new techniques will help answer some questions about an old murder.
  • Little more is known about the victims than what is engraved on their granite marker in St. Jean the Baptist Cemetery: ''Here lies the mortal remains known only God of a woman age 23-33 and a girl child age 8-10. Their slain bodies were found on November 10, 1985, in Bear Brook State Park.''
  • In the months after a hunter found the bodies, hundreds of dead-end leads were followed. Now, state and local police have reopened the case, hoping advances in criminal investigations will at least help them find out who the victims were.
  • ''With the advancements in forensic science, such as DNA testing, over the years, they're now more things that can be learned than... 10 years ago. We're hoping that we'll at least be able to ID the victims,'' Allenstown Detective Robert Green said.
  • Investigators believed the victims were related - perhaps a mother and daughter, possibly siblings - due to similar dental characteristics.
  • Detectives could only confirm that the woman was 23 to 33 years old, between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall, with curly light brown hair, while the girl was estimated to be between 8 and 10 years old, about 4 feet 3 inches tall, with light brown to blonde hair. The bodies were so deteriorated experts could not determine their eye color or weight. The woman and girl apparently had been dead for six months to three years before they were found.
  • The police determined both victims died from blows to the head. They were nude, but police would not say whether they had been sexually assaulted. There had been some dismembering.
  • State police investigators tried for seven months to identify the bodies. They issued nationwide bulletins, including registering characteristics of the older victim's teeth with the National Crime Information Center.
  • Dental records produced about 1,000 possible matches with missing women, half of which investigators eliminated. The other half required more medical information than was available.
  • Investigators received several promising leads that proved fruitless, tracking down several women that callers had suspected might be the victims.
  • They checked every elementary school in the state for students who left without having their records transferred, they searched through five years of campground records at Bear Brook State Park, they monitored new entries at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the National Crime Information Center and they hunted for medical records of missing persons from Cape Cod to California. They also pursued and dismissed theories that the murders were committed by a serial killer or mobster.
  • ''With all the coverage the case had generated, you'd think that somewhere, someone would have missed a daughter or a sister, or even a friend would have missed a friend. Especially during the holiday seasons. It's a sad situation,'' said Police Chief Norman Connor.
  • About a year ago, Green and state police Sgt. David Goldstein renewed the investigation.
  • Since then, they have met with Maine Medical Examiner Dr. Henry Ryan, who is an expert on identifying skeletal remains. Ryan performed the original autopsy. The two officers also met with forensic anthropologist Dr. Marcella Sorg.
  • Ten years ago, an artist drew composite pictures of the victims. ''This time, using tissue thickness and muscle tone, we hope Dr. Sorg will be able to create a three-dimensional composite model of what the victims looked like,'' Green said.
  • He said the new investigation shows the earlier reports that the victims were Caucasian might have been inaccurate.
  • ''There's a possibility that they may have been Native Americans and the earlier estimates of their ages, especially the older victim, might be off
  • by five years or so,'' Green said.
  • The initial estimate that the victims had been murdered anywhere from six months to three years before they were found might also be
  • wrong, according to Green.
  • ''Now we feel there's a chance they could have been murdered even earlier than that,'' Green explained.
  • There is a question about whether all the evidence gathered and tested 10 years ago still is available or suitable for new testing. There is also a possibility that the bodies might be exhumed.
Oh, thank you, I knew I hadn't imagined this article but I could never find it!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

REMINDER:

What you have heard from someone else is hearsay and considered rumor, not fact. Rumors cannot be discussed here.

To be considered fact, the information must be supported by links to MSM or LE or publicly available documents.

Yes he was. The family came over in the 1900's.They originally settled in Wyoming and then went their separate ways. Most settled in Denver area. Peder moved the family to Arizona after several years.

Welcome Rasmussen317! Are you related to Terry Rasmussen? Just, FYI, we are not allowed to sleuth his family under the TOS here but if you are a family member, please email the mods to get verified as an insider. You would be allowed to share what you know as a verified insider only.

Follow directions here to become verified: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Here's my best estimate regarding the woman and 3 children in the barrels.

1. The woman who showed up unexpected with Terry in AZ is the mother of the child with his DNA. Though the isotope map doesn't back up my theory, I still believe Terry would have met this woman in Texas and conceived a child with her. They possibly could have spent enough time in AZ to develop the isotope map as well. At some point before moving to NH he kills her and brings the child with him to to the Northeast.

2. Terry meets a woman with two children in the Northeast, possibly Canada. He has a short relationship with the woman. At some point he kills all 3 in order to begin a relationship with Denise Beaudin.

Yes he was. The family came over in the 1900's.They originally settled in Wyoming and then went their separate ways. Most settled in Denver area. Peder moved the family to Arizona after several years.

I have newspaper clippings confirming most of this with the shoe trait following them at all stops.

I'm still following here but there are so many rumors flying around that more speculation seems counterproductive. I do feel safe in saying that I think there's going to be a lot more coming out in the next few weeks.

Here's my best estimate regarding the woman and 3 children in the barrels.

1. The woman who showed up unexpected with Terry in AZ is the mother of the child with his DNA. Though the isotope map doesn't back up my theory, I still believe Terry would have met this woman in Texas and conceived a child with her. They possibly could have spent enough time in AZ to develop the isotope map as well. At some point before moving to NH he kills her and brings the child with him to to the Northeast.

2. Terry meets a woman with two children in the Northeast, possibly Canada. He has a short relationship with the woman. At some point he kills all 3 in order to begin a relationship with Denise Beaudin.

Excellent write up Piknik both (1) and (2) work vey well into the puzzle

I'm still following here but there are so many rumors flying around that more speculation seems counterproductive. I do feel safe in saying that I think there's going to be a lot more coming out in the next few weeks.

Totally agree with you, believe we will here more in short term.

"They checked every elementary school in the state for students who left without having their records transferred..."

With the isotope results, I wonder if now, the investigators have expanded their search to school records in the areas indicated by the testing. A problem with such a search would be that, pre-internet, school records were (and still are, in some places), paper-based.

Rasmussen enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1961 and was married and had four children, living in Hawaii, California and Arizona during that time. Police said he left that family but briefly visited them around Christmas 1974.

"During that visit, he was accompanied by an unknown female who he said was his girlfriend," Sgt. Michael Kokoski said. "We're very interested in trying to figure out who that female is, and our concern is that's the mother of the child here in Allenstown that he fathered."

After his divorce was finalized in 1978, Rasmussen surfaced in the Granite State as “Bob Evans.” source:http://www.wmur.com/article/authorities-reveal-actual-identity-of-man-known-as-bob-evans/12029848
Wonder if the family ever gave a description of her.

Wonder if the family ever gave a description of her.

I really hope they gave a possible name and LE is trying to find her before releasing any info about her. I keep looking for an update. It's been 10 days since we found out his real name. Someone who knew him as Terry (besides his family) has to have seen this story and called in tips by now. Hopefully we get more info soon.

I would imagine they're attempting to locate the former tenants from the Texas apartment complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro