GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Texas Mom: 'I Want To Be In Heaven With My Son'
Julianne McCrery Charged With 2nd-Degree Murder In Boy's Death

27951415_640X480.jpg

During a 10-minute court hearing, Julianne McCrery waived rendition on a fugitive from justice charge and agreed to be sent to New Hampshire where she is facing murder charges.

McCrery seemed dejected but lucid as she answered Concord District Court Judge Peter Kilmartin's questions with simple answers, indicating she understood the charge against her.

She was expected to make her first court appearance later Thursday in New Hampshire in Portsmouth District Court.

Interesting how these people are always successful when killing their children, but can never quite get it right when trying to kill themselves.

She had five days to do it! If she really wanted it done she could have. I'm glad she didn't though....I'd rather see her In a cell for the rest of her life, and I hope it's long.

She had five days to do it! If she really wanted it done she could have. I'm glad she didn't though....I'd rather see her In a cell for the rest of her life, and I hope it's long.

Hi everyone. I joined WebSleuths as I knew there would be allot of discussion about little Camden. My family all lives in downeast ME and this has been very devastating for the 'Downeasters'. I live in San Diego and have been reading as much as I can.

JM spoke to her Ex BF on Tuesday, he stated she seemed absolutely fine. He actually had no idea she was in ME. He had loaned his truck to her. I believe that was the one she was driving when the MA State Troopers found her. She also called her Mom in Nebraska but the Mom said she was not home to take her call.

Seems she was suffering with allot of depression.

I have been here reading and thank you for all the information.

Was the "blanket" possibly from the hotel room ???

I do not believe so. If I recall correctly, the blanket was described as camo - which I highly doubt would be in a motel room. ;)

I feel so very sorry for this precious boy! I read the article that states that someone in the motel heard her yelling and assume she might have been yelling at him. ( http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/18/person-of-interest-questioned-in-maine-mystery-boy-case/ )

IF she really did only have $25 and was trying to get anything and everything for free, maybe he was crying because he was hungry. Maybe she didn't have money for food; and I KNOW how my kids get when they are hungry. This poor, poor little guy was just being a kid. Possibly a sick (with a cough) kid that was hungry and his mommy got mad at him. Then, she did the unthinkable!

I will just NEVER understand! :banghead: IF you are hurting that bad financially, take your precious one to grandma's house.

When asked if his client came to New England on a murder-suicide mission, Murphy answered, “Yes.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1339099&srvc=rss

I don't know if I agree with her attorney releasing details of his conversation with his client, but I do agree with him on the murder-suicide mission.

In the article, Murphy also states he doesn't believe cough syrup was involved in Camden's death.

I hate to think of his final moments being with a screaming angry mom. It wasn't his fault she decided to take a long road trip without enough money.

From a fellow San Diegan, WELCOME KaraKitty!!!

:Welcome1: KaraKitty

Aww, thanks allot!!! :seeya:

As far as the blanket goes … "Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety says the boy is believed to be between 4 and 6 years old with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a gray colored camouflage hooded sweatshirt (brand name "Faded Glory"), tan colored khaki pants, and "Lightning McQueen" black sneakers."

I am wondering also if the blanket JM covered Cam with was from the hotel?

Miller said McCrery had struggled for financial stability and said many people believed she had a form of mental illness. At one point, she tried to commit suicide, he said.

“Julie had a lot of problems ... We always thought maybe she should be on medication but we knew she would never go down to get it,” Miller said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...99&format=&page=2&listingType=Loc#articleFull

Aww, thanks allot!!! :seeya:

As far as the blanket goes … "Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety says the boy is believed to be between 4 and 6 years old with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a gray colored camouflage hooded sweatshirt (brand name "Faded Glory"), tan colored khaki pants, and "Lightning McQueen" black sneakers."

I am wondering also if the blanket JM covered Cam with was from the hotel?

I read somewhere where they stated it was green fleece blanket. The images of the rooms at the hotel have what appear to be green coloured curtains, arm chairs and carpeting. Thought the description of the blanket might have matched the decor of the room.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-355761-stone_gable_inn_hampton-i

I am both relieved to know that little Camden has been identified, his family and friends can mourn him, and there has been an arrest made.

I feel angry that there are so many innocent children, being brought forth in life, only to have it taken away by others with no conscience.

Why?

There simply are no answers.

I have to say, that it was extremely observant of that couple to notice the Navy emblem on the plate, they must have been very close to the truck, and a little suspicious of it in their remote neck of the woods. Their lives are changed forever, I am sure, and it would take a strong person to move on from such a terrible discovery.

I read an article last night that said both Camden's Step-Father and a friend of his mother's, recognized Camden on the TV and called 911. It is obvious that LE did a most outstanding job, in their swiftness of releasing the details and pictures, in Camden's case. I do wish there was some sort of National Standard and protocol that was followed by LE in general, for missing/recovered people, as I do feel that standardization would increase the overall success rate of identifying and finding those people.

Finally, I have a few questions, that perhaps I have missed the answers to.

1. Where is the white truck cap?

2. How much clothing was recovered from the vehicle? Were there suitcases packed for both, etc.?

3. Did the motel have cameras? Where was McCrery's room located in the motel? Did McCrery carry Camden to the truck after death?

4. If there was a "bed" in the back of the truck, why did they even go to a motel anyway? If there an intent to kill him, why go to a motel, if she was already on the move in the truck?

Rest in peace, dear child. :(

I don't know whether or not there was a bed in the truck. The video clip I saw from several years ago showed a toddler bed.

The weather here in southern NH has been cool and rainy. That Saturday was cool during the day and overcast. And it's been raining and gloomy since Saturday evening. I went to an outdoor event Saturday afternoon, and everyone had on sweaters or jackets. On the Seacoast, I would imagine it would have been pretty raw and damp sleeping in a truck.

Friday was sunny but in the 50s for most of the day on the Seacoast. Overnight Friday into Saturday, it got down to 40. The sea air would have made it seem cooler. Especially, for someone from north Texas, a heated hotel room would seem like a good idea.

Given the way that Camden's body was wrapped in a blanket and placed in the woods, maybe JM wanted to make his (or their) last night comfortable.

When asked if his client came to New England on a murder-suicide mission, Murphy answered, “Yes.”

I don't know if I agree with her attorney releasing details of his conversation with his client, but I do agree with him on the murder-suicide mission.

In the article, Murphy also states he doesn't believe cough syrup was involved in Camden's death.

snipped from your link:

“I know Camden is there in heaven with God, so there’s nothing to worry about with him. It’s just her I’m worried about,” Miller said. “I hope that she can get off. I hope she don’t try to kill herself but I think she will.

He (ex) hopes she can get off? A man that was reportedly the only father that poor baby knew, hopes SHE can get off? WTH, this is not a pity party for her. The fact that she tried to committ suicide so many times before should have be a HUGE red flag that this woman needed help....I guess no one ever realizes what people are capable of...especially people they care about. Hoping she "gets off" is a little much for me.

Anyone know what makes them believe he died in NH? I keep seeing that in the reports, but no reason as to why they feel he died there.

Probably had to do with the timing of the death. They say it was supposed to have been 5:30 Saturday morning (IIRC), and perhaps she hadn't yet checked out of the hotel at that point.

The bed....I'm not thinking a bed in the literal sense. I am thinking more of blankets and pillows where he could rest on the drive, especially if the back seat was a bench seat.

If I was going long distance with my kids I would bring those types of things and I might say, "I made you a bed right here" or something like that. JMO

Thanks for that info. His comments really give us some direction to our speculation. Apparently the first report (that she drove there "to do this") was accurate. And the overdose of cough syrup story was probably something she had in mind as a cover-up after the fact. (Maybe she had given him cough syrup for his cough, and figured that it would be in his system and lend credence to her claim.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back