Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about who might have been using or sleeping in the tent seen in the backyard in this video :http://www.wmur.com/r-video/28769889/detail.html

Seems strange (but not surprising) that we haven't heard who might have been sleeping there, that is, if anyone indeed was.

I can see her going outside, if she knew who it was. Technically she would not be "leaving her house alone" which is reportedly uncharacteristic of her, if she simply went outside to visit and/or check out what was happening. Not anything you would feel compelled to ask permission for before doing. Plenty of nice, warm blankets out there.

Okay, Okay, I admit it, I'm just making stuff up while we wait. But the tent is plainly visible and strikes me as odd.

The tent appears to be on the other side of a driveway. Are you sure it's not in the yard next door??

The tent appears to be on the other side of a driveway. Are you sure it's not in the yard next door??

Don't know whose property it's on, but it appears to fall 'inside' the perimeter of the crime scene tape...

In fact, I'd have to look at the footage again, but IIRC, it's inclusion is interesting as it's at a 'corner point', but something beyond it (folding chair) is used in order to include the tent within the crime scene perimeter ... if that makes sense.

Could be nothin', could be something... :waitasec:

I thought this was where I read it... but possibly it was somewhere else that I read also. A knowledgable person said it is very common for people with schizophrenia to be fearful of looking into anyone's eyes, whether in person or a photograph. They somehow think a person can get to them in some way by looking into their eyes. So, he may have been having a real psychotic episode, turning the pics over, then rolling around on the ground. I am highly suspicious of him, but I haven't convicted him in my mind at this time.
I wonder if LE played a part in those pictures of Celina being displayed on the picnic table. Crime scene photo's/ past pictures of victims are often used during interrogations to see the reaction when the suspect looks at the photo.
Maybe LE placed those photo's out there to see what type of reaction they would get from viewers...

Actions speak louder than words

Regarding Celina being wrapped in a blanket when she was immersed in the river, there is a picture of her body being recovered around 47 sec into the video accompanying this article:
http://www.wmur.com/news/28729725/detail.html

It does appear to be a blanket. I wonder if anyone in the home (LN, KL, KM) identified the blanket as coming from their home?
The white item appears to be a impervious case ( like a giant pillow case ) that most likely was slipped over the body while it was still underwater, done so to preserve as much evidence as possible while the body is brought out of the water( not saying the body isn't wrapped in a blanket, but the blanket isn't visible because of the white impervious case covering it) Notice in the video how the water is retained in the end of the case?

I posted about an hour ago that I thought I had seen that tent
in the next door neighbor's yard, in other videos & photos.

I thought there had been 2 tents in their yard, next to the driveway.
But then I looked at the above video again & it looks like it is now behind (west side) CC's house.

I deleted my post cuz I wasn't sure, after re-checking.

There is a new TV series just started in the UK called "Someone`s Daughter, Someone`s Son" about people going missing, murdered and the follow up and conviction! I watched this last night and something was mentioned by a forensic investigator. About "body language"!!

Has any "body Language" experts over there been reported as looking over the photos and videos published in the press?? Just wondering as Body Language speaks volumes!!!!! IMO

Glad you mentioned this too. If folks would go back and review video's, they will notice someone doing a lot of candle wax picking during the candle vigil and the same person doing some very deep thinking while glacing around... lots of body language clues in several of the video's...my personal observations and opinion entirely.... Body language folks....actions speak louder than words

Glad you mentioned this too. If folks would go back and review video's, they will notice someone doing a lot of candle wax picking during the candle vigil and the same person doing some very deep thinking while glacing around... lots of body language clues in several of the video's...my personal observations and opinion entirely.... Body language folks....actions speak louder than words

Can you point me to the specific video you are referring to so I can take a look? I can't seem to find it.

TIA!

I keep thinking how long it seems to be taking to learn how Celina died...but look at the time it has been in CA. with Rebecca N., trying to determine suicide or homicide. She was found dead on/about July 14th...3 weeks before Celina was found. And still no answers.

Very hard to watch. So very sad.

I saw only one person who seemed to have a different mind-set. Didn't seem to be feeling the same grief. imo Seemed ready to leave, almost bored. Maybe I read him wrong but that was how he seemed to me.

I noticed one female who appeared more interested in the camera than the people consoling her. That seemed a little strange but I'm not in her position so I could be totally wrong. Again jmho.

I just finished writing up a routine psych evaluation for work tomorrow (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and wasn't able to watch the correct video until now. I watched a few different ones today and saw a couple of things which stood out...

In the above video, I see WN exhibiting "flat affect." He is not showing outward emotion; however, this could be for a number of reasons. He may be a stoic individual who doesn't handle stress well. However, it is also a common symptom of Schizophrenia. These individuals have major difficulties understanding and displaying appropriate emotions (e.g., seems bored, agitated, etc., when sadness is appropriate). They also often have difficulty discerning the "mood" or emotions of others. Many times the side effects of anti-psychotics cause feelings of numbness, tiredness, or being in a "fog." Not to mention the effect they have on sex drive (perhaps an explanation for the FB, i.e., looking at "women" to increase libido?) . I also noticed him fidgeting, playing with candlewax, and looking around. Difficulties with attention, concentration, and memory are also common. I am sure being in a crowd that large, with a lot of media focus on him made him quite uncomfortable. Not the "normal" level of discomfort that mentally healthy people would feel, but a jumping out of his skin/ intolerable discomfort. Then I also remembered his past delusions of LE placing a tracking device in him. This is literally his worst fear come to life- LE is EVERYWHERE, he's being interviewed, there are camera crews, people watching, etc. His past delusions have now become reality (without the tracking device, of course!)This would be enough to exacerbate his illness, whether he was medicated or not, involved or not involved in the death of precious Celina. (I'm still hoping he's not!)

I also rewatched the video of him being interviewed, when he stated LN was "fine" and that he had slept well, etc. If you notice the reporter is speaking in a soft, soothing voice. He responds with an almost child-like tone of voice, with something about his speech mannerisms being a little "off." Of course we know LN is not "fine" but WN seems to lack the social knowledge that a response like this would be considered strange, which is also common with Schizophrenia. I know some people consider him guilty and that he is setting up for an insanity defense but there are certain mental illnesses that are nearly impossible to fake, Schizophrenia being one of them. As psychologists, we go through extensive training to learn how to determine who is truly suffering from this disease.

Schizophrenia has a terrible stigma attached to it; most people see these individuals portrayed in movies and the news as psychotic, violent monsters. The majority are not; they are more likely to hurt themselves than others. All that being said, I am still holding out hope that WN is not involved and that the stress of Celina's death has simply caused him a nervous breakdown of sorts, for which he is seeking treatment.

I just finished writing up a routine psych evaluation for work tomorrow (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and wasn't able to watch the correct video until now. I watched a few different ones today and saw a couple of things which stood out...

In the above video, I see WN exhibiting "flat affect." He is not showing outward emotion; however, this could be for a number of reasons. He may be a stoic individual who doesn't handle stress well. However, it is also a common symptom of Schizophrenia. These individuals have major difficulties understanding and displaying appropriate emotions (e.g., seems bored, agitated, etc., when sadness is appropriate). They also often have difficulty discerning the "mood" or emotions of others. Many times the side effects of anti-psychotics cause feelings of numbness, tiredness, or being in a "fog." Not to mention the effect they have on sex drive (perhaps an explanation for the FB, i.e., looking at "women" to increase libido?) . I also noticed him fidgeting, playing with candlewax, and looking around. Difficulties with attention, concentration, and memory are also common. I am sure being in a crowd that large, with a lot of media focus on him made him quite uncomfortable. Not the "normal" level of discomfort that mentally healthy people would feel, but a jumping out of his skin/ intolerable discomfort. Then I also remembered his past delusions of LE placing a tracking device in him. This is literally his worst fear come to life- LE is EVERYWHERE, he's being interviewed, there are camera crews, people watching, etc. His past delusions have now become reality (without the tracking device, of course!)This would be enough to exacerbate his illness, whether he was medicated or not, involved or not involved in the death of precious Celina. (I'm still hoping he's not!)

I also rewatched the video of him being interviewed, when he stated LN was "fine" and that he had slept well, etc. If you notice the reporter is speaking in a soft, soothing voice. He responds with an almost child-like tone of voice, with something about his speech mannerisms being a little "off." Of course we know LN is not "fine" but WN seems to lack the social knowledge that a response like this would be considered strange, which is also common with Schizophrenia. I know some people consider him guilty and that he is setting up for an insanity defense but there are certain mental illnesses that are nearly impossible to fake, Schizophrenia being one of them. As psychologists, we go through extensive training to learn how to determine who is truly suffering from this disease.

Schizophrenia has a terrible stigma attached to it; most people see these individuals portrayed in movies and the news as psychotic, violent monsters. The majority are not; they are more likely to hurt themselves than others. All that being said, I am still holding out hope that WN is not involved and that the stress of Celina's death has simply caused him a nervous breakdown of sorts, for which he is seeking treatment.

I wait till the last minute for most everything myself and have been absent the last few days getting caught up with school. There is a better video somewhere that shows WN looking directly at the camera that I will try to find for you tomorrow to look at. IMO, it demonstrates much of exactly what you are saying here. At first, before I knew about his mental illness, the way he looked at the camera really creeped me out. It is really difficult to explain, which is why I will try to go find it for you, but it was just .....off. Once we learned about his mental illness I felt very differently about the look. It was kind of like a look that you would give someone if you were doing something wrong and thought no one could see and then looked up and saw they were taping you or something, lol. I know I sound :crazy: but I am super tired and its hard for me to explain someone else's look. But it just made more sense once I learned about his paranoia, if that makes any sense. I hope it was no one that Celina trusted. That's all I can say about it all at this point without more evidence or something at all. But thank you so much for your analysis!

I'm going to ask your patience and tolerance here, because I am a technological idiot for the most part. This evening a friend who does not have a computer called me to tell me of an update; she read it to me, and I copied it word for word. If I knew how to access the update online, I would, but I'm going to share what I wrote:

August 14, 2011, New Hampshire Sunday News, State Edition (NH), Section B (New Hampshire News), Page B3 (top of page), Week in Review,
NORTH COUNTRY,
Celina Cass
More than a dozen state and federal investigators continue to probe the suspicious death of Celina Cass, 11, whose body was recovered from the Connecticut River on Aug. 1.

The New Hampshire Sunday News is the largest newspaper in the state; it is published in Manchester, which is the largest city north of Boston.

Hope that this is accurate and that some of you who read this find it interesting.

I'm going to ask your patience and tolerance here, because I am a technological idiot for the most part. This evening a friend who does not have a computer called me to tell me of an update; she read it to me, and I copied it word for word. If I knew how to access the update online, I would, but I'm going to share what I wrote:

August 14, 2011, New Hampshire Sunday News, State Edition (NH), Section B (New Hampshire News), Page B3 (top of page), Week in Review,
NORTH COUNTRY,
Celina Cass
More than a dozen state and federal investigators continue to probe the suspicious death of Celina Cass, 11, whose body was recovered from the Connecticut River on Aug. 1.

The New Hampshire Sunday News is the largest newspaper in the state; it is published in Manchester, which is the largest city north of Boston.

Hope that this is accurate and that some of you who read this find it interesting.

Thanks! Is this the article you are referring to? It starts off the same way.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110812/NEWS03/708129989/0/FRONTPAGE

More than a dozen state and federal investigators actively probe the suspicious death of a northern New Hampshire girl whose body was recovered from the Connecticut River Aug. 1 after an extensive seven-day search.

Thanks! Is this the article you are referring to? It starts off the same way.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110812/NEWS03/708129989/0/FRONTPAGE

More than a dozen state and federal investigators actively probe the suspicious death of a northern New Hampshire girl whose body was recovered from the Connecticut River Aug. 1 after an extensive seven-day search.

BBM

No, it is not, but the Union Leader Corporation is the publisher of the
New Hampshire Sunday News from which I quoted in my post.

Thank you!

I wait till the last minute for most everything myself and have been absent the last few days getting caught up with school. There is a better video somewhere that shows WN looking directly at the camera that I will try to find for you tomorrow to look at. IMO, it demonstrates much of exactly what you are saying here. At first, before I knew about his mental illness, the way he looked at the camera really creeped me out. It is really difficult to explain, which is why I will try to go find it for you, but it was just .....off. Once we learned about his mental illness I felt very differently about the look. It was kind of like a look that you would give someone if you were doing something wrong and thought no one could see and then looked up and saw they were taping you or something, lol. I know I sound :crazy: but I am super tired and its hard for me to explain someone else's look. But it just made more sense once I learned about his paranoia, if that makes any sense. I hope it was no one that Celina trusted. That's all I can say about it all at this point without more evidence or something at all. But thank you so much for your analysis!
Are you thinking of the video where WN is being filmed through a window? He is eating, pauses when he notices the camera, then continues eating. I'm suprised he didn't move away from the camera's view. The video camera capturing him through a window was somewhat extreme on the cameraman's part I thought... invasion of privacy. With the paranoia though, you would think he would move away from the camera's if he had the chance.

Oh my, just hoping and praying for some answers today too! Toxicology reports should be back by now so am hopeful for a presser with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KKE20101