NH NH - Concord, Fem Skull, 13-18, UP103482, discovered prior to 1942 in pond, kept at home as souvenir, turned over to police, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That makes me wonder if it was really an obvious gunshot wound. In other words, is there any room to wonder if the person who kept it just thought that it’d been damaged in some other way.
I, personally, have not seen enough skulls with a gunshot wound in my life to make difference between a gunshot hole, a hole cause by a sharp object or even a hole that has occurred post mortem. Especially as there was also other damage. I mean it is possible he collected more skulls than one and had plenty of comparison, but I would not bet on it.

Additionally, if you find a skull with any wound in the 1930s (as a teenage boy), I have a feeling you are gonna be way less creeped about it than people nowadays are."Oh, an old Indian/cowboy/soldier skull". It's not like he had reasons to assume it was of a teenage girl.

All MOO.

I thought she was 15-18? Did they change her age estimate on Namus or something? Maybe I’m going crazy. I thought I remembered her being 15-18.

I, personally, have not seen enough skulls with a gunshot wound in my life to make difference between a gunshot hole, a hole cause by a sharp object or even a hole that has occurred post mortem. Especially as there was also other damage. I mean it is possible he collected more skulls than one and had plenty of comparison, but I would not bet on it.

Additionally, if you find a skull with any wound in the 1930s (as a teenage boy), I have a feeling you are gonna be way less creeped about it than people nowadays are."Oh, an old Indian/cowboy/soldier skull". It's not like he had reasons to assume it was of a teenage girl.

All MOO.
100% agree. Most teenagers probably don’t know what the difference between a man’s skull and a woman’s skull is. Possibly not even the pelvic differences. *cough * America… *cough* but still, yeah, oh probably just a man lost at war, got shot, etc. Just show it to LE and hope someone comes forward back in the day maybe. But it’s only now that they actually do examination on that skull that we find out it was a teenage girl. Who could have killed her is the question though. Was she dumped there? They probably can’t get much DNA out of her since she died like 90 years ago sadly. We struggle getting DNA out of 40 year old Does let alone a 90 year old one.

Oops!

Last edited:
DNA doe has solved cases older than this

For example
100 years?! That’s absolutely incredible. Have you heard of Webb Hill John Doe? He was a teenage boy found in 1998 and they estimated him to have died in the 1910s or 1920s! Wonder if either one could work with his DNA.
Gives me hope for these really old cases.

Wonder if either one could work with his DNA.
Theres definitely a chance
Webb Hill John Doe
Heres his WS thread! If othram hasnt already been tagged I would recommend tagging them. (Type
@ othram (no space) and click the username when it pops up) they are super active on here

I checked the google map of Concord, New Hampshire and it looks like there are many ponds there, I just can’t imagine he found a skull with a bullet hole in it in the pond and never reported it. I wonder how old this man was at this time, he must have been himself a teenager or a young adult.
I found 2 ponds 1. Little pond. 2. Horseshoe pond. I looked up the GPS on the NAMUS and came up with Charles & Beacon St. which is in Ward 4. I put in a FOIA with the Medical Examiner She said they are not releasing any information and ask me if I had any information, I said all I know is what is in the NAMUS report. I contacted the records dept asked if they have birth records 1917-26 they said their records don't go back that far. I emailed the Det in charge of the file waiting for a reply. It would help if we had the widows name then we could track the husband's young life. I also check death records for Concord for Oct 2019 a male 85-90 still checking on that. She took the skull in Oct 30th, 2019, after he died.

Last edited:
Moo.. it would useful to know what residences where around that area, way back when. I do not think killers would worry to much about huge searches or body being identified back then. Did you even have to report a family death back then? Lots of teens-young women would be live-in help of some sorts in those days. Live-in since there was not a lot of Ubers or bus's around. Possibly grave robber's? Maids, daughters, wives were pretty easy to abuse and disappear......moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back