NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're still out there and have been out there since early this morning. There's about two out there now and I'm wondering if they've found something. Sounds like a helicopter and a small engine plane.
Here's hoping.

I agree. And this storm can do one of two things: it can either drag any evidence that may still be left away and out to see or if she is somehow trapped under a pier or some debris, it could loosen her and let her rise to the surface. I do hope when they prosecute this man they take into consideration that her family may never bury their daughter. It does seem from the tidal information that she was most likely dragged up the river rather than down river into open waters so that may help them in finding her. I know years and years ago the two bays were incredible clam and lobster beds, before they had treatment plants dumping into them, so that means the bottom is quite soft and mucky. The shoreline is mostly high grass covered at high tide, but the grass is that sharp kind so it's impossible to go wading through it and there is a lot of ground to cover. My hope is that she's in that grass and will be found.

I agree. The storm is going to hit my area at high tide and there is suppose to be a sizable storm surge. Things can float up into areas beyond the grasses and may become trapped as the tide goes out. The Peirce Island area may experience the same situation in the next day or two. Hopefully, she will be found.

They're still out there and have been out there since early this morning. There's about two out there now and I'm wondering if they've found something. Sounds like a helicopter and a small engine plane.
Here's hoping.

Seriously? You could be right! I hope! Either they are trying to throughly search before the storm hits or they found something, because it seems odd that they are searching at night.

Seth was not a drinker nor a drug user.

Hmm not sure if he thought about it during "all" of his waking moments...let's just say, this wasn't their first rodeo

ETA By "they" I do not mean Lizzie....

What do you mean about "this wasn't their first rodeo"? Are you saying Seth and Lizzi had rolled in the hay? What do you mean by "they"? There was no "they" in your post. I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you said correctly.

Also, what I meant about "all his waking moments" was his favorite sexual fantasy and I do believe young guys fantasize often--- inbetween all the rest of the stuff they occupy their time with (job, career, etc.) Unfortunately, Seth had sick fantasies and lost control.

JMO

What do you mean about "this wasn't their first rodeo"? Are you saying Seth and Lizzi had rolled in the hay? What do you mean by "they"? There was no "they" in your post. I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you said correctly.

Also, what I meant about "all his waking moments" was his favorite sexual fantasy and I do believe young guys fantasize often--- inbetween all the rest of the stuff they occupy their time with (job, career, etc.) Unfortunately, Seth had sick fantasies and lost control.

JMO

BBM ... The poster stated pretty clearly that "they" didn't mean Lizzi.

It got quiet around 3am. I think all the commotion was the one last push before the storm hits. I kept hoping I'd hear sirens but nothing. They say that there was someone who took two months to surface in Boston Harbor.

I was in Maine, near the NH border, over the weekend and made a couple of trips to the local beaches. All I could think about was Lizzie. This storm is going to be a whopper. This could go either way for her. Prayers to her loved ones.

Thanks, I wanted to be sure. It was a little cryptic. I like things spelled out with no areas of question.

Understood. Me, too. In this case, though, it felt pretty clearly communicated (to me) that "they" didn't mean Lizzi. Whether it meant Seth and the girlfriend or Seth and the brother or Seth and someone else -- that was definitely left vague.

Be safe! Things are starting to get interesting here weatherwise.

JMO

I edited the post within seconds of editing it to state that "they" or "their" that I was speaking of was not Lizzie. It was Seth and his GF.

Hmm not verified but since Seth is listed on some swinger sites I guess I can say that apparently it was known to a select few that in fact this is something that he and his GF were involved in. And of course the ones who told me made it clear that they were not into that type of stuff..

I understood what you were saying about "his waking moments" however this is a lifestyle to them but to many people it's unnatural and even sick. I will say that I know more about the "swingers" in this area now and didn't realize how many people live this lifestyle. Seth did not dream about killing someone and from what I understand it's something sexual that many people try..

I hope I explained that as sometimes I have a hard time making my thoughts clear when writing.

I edited the post within seconds of editing it to state that "they" or "their" that I was speaking of was not Lizzie. It was Seth and his GF.

Hmm not verified but since Seth is listed on some swinger sites I guess I can say that apparently it was known to a select few that in fact this is something that he and his GF were involved in. And of course the ones who told me made it clear that they were not into that type of stuff..

I understood what you were saying about "his waking moments" however this is a lifestyle to them but to many people it's unnatural and even sick. I will say that I know more about the "swingers" in this area now and didn't realize how many people live this lifestyle. Seth did not dream about killing someone and from what I understand it's something sexual that many people try..

I hope I explained that as sometimes I have a hard time making my thoughts clear when writing.

Been lurking for a while and first want to send my thoughts and prayers to Lizzie's family and friends.

Regarding Seth, my take is that he did dream/fantasize about controlling others, even to the point of controlling life and death. I think some can involve themselves in the lifestyle Seth engaged in and still maintain clear lines of right and wrong. However, I think that line can get blurred for others and the desire to exercise ultimate control overwhelms them. He may not have dreamed of it in the sense that he voiced a fascination or desire to kill someone, but he clearly wanted to exercise the ultimate control over someone else...life and death...and that desire got too strong. I would not be surprised if the only thing sexual involved in this horrendous series of events is the sexual excitement Seth got from exercising that control.

I am assuming searches have been called off temporarily with the storms? Speaking of which, I hope all of the locals stay safe.

I hope that the judge does not release any info that would hurt the case against SM - understand that the press would like the details but I'm sure there is a reason those documents are sealed....

Quite a storm in the area yesterday, and the tides are still running very high. To anyone in the area, please be extra vigilant along the coast..... if Lizzi was in the water she may very well be on a beachy area now.

Thank you to Littleone48 for your posts.

I hope that the judge does not release any info that would hurt the case against SM - understand that the press would like the details but I'm sure there is a reason those documents are sealed....

Quite a storm in the area yesterday, and the tides are still running very high. To anyone in the area, please be extra vigilant along the coast..... if Lizzi was in the water she may very well be on a beachy area now.

Thank you to Littleone48 for your posts.

I will be really surprised if the Judge releases anything in this case. The PD is still investigating it and there still may be additional arrest(s). The Grand Jury has to hear the case first and I do think that if some of the details are released it may change the opinions of some.

Regardless if this was some sort of sexual game, he caused a death and he should pay for that. I really do not want to see this end up as a manslaughter case.

http://portsmouth-nh.patch.com/articles/police-release-photo-of-woman-found-in-river

Not intending to go off topic of Lizzi’s disappearance. I have listed a link re a woman found in the Piscataqua River on April 26 of this year. I don’t believe her death is associated with Lizzi.

Her name was Debbie Dockham. I recalled her from my list and map of many lost/found etc.

There is little information around her drowning in the City where she was known and I believe it is still an open unsolved case.

All the above my opinion with no malintent.

http://portsmouth-nh.patch.com/articles/police-release-photo-of-woman-found-in-river

Not intending to go off topic of Lizzi’s disappearance. I have listed a link re a woman found in the Piscataqua River on April 26 of this year. I don’t believe her death is associated with Lizzi.

Her name was Debbie Dockham. I recalled her from my list and map of many lost/found etc.

There is little information around her drowning in the City where she was known and I believe it is still an open unsolved case.

All the above my opinion with no malintent.

I think that if you research this a bit she was a bit "off". She wandered the streets of Portsmouth and many many people knew her.

I am not sure if she was homeless or not but IIRC she lived in a rooming house? I will research the story a bit but this is what I remember.

I think that if you research this a bit she was a bit "off". She wandered the streets of Portsmouth and many many people knew her.

I am not sure if she was homeless or not but IIRC she lived in a rooming house? I will research the story a bit but this is what I remember.

Yes, I had seen her from time to time. She was known by the locals. I'm not sure what her diagnosis was, she was friendly and certainly didn't seem incoherent or a danger to herself so there's where the mystery comes into play (doubtful she wandered into the ocean or intended to end her life). But I don't believe this is connected to Lizzi. I know I have seen people wading into the water off Pierce Island and have cautioned them against doing so because of the strong currents. I had wondered at the time if something caught her eye and she went in after it or some such thing.

On another note, I'm also glad the courts denied the papers' request to unseal the record. This is an ongoing investigation and there's already been enough conjecture in the press, there doesn't need to be more. I wish the press would use their voice to organize a large search party to comb the coast for any evidence. After this storm it would just seem like there must be something washed ashore.

Have any of the search and rescue groups been asked to assist by LE? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member