NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 8 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The testimony about a rope being involved hasn't been proven, imo. The marks around Lizzi's neck, according to both Roberta and Paul were directly under the bags that were tied tightly on her neck.

There was no sign of ropes in the apartment or on the body according to the same two witnesses. Did police find the ropes anywhere? Maybe I missed this part of the testimony.

I do think you might have missed some testimony. Both Roberta and Paul testified that Seth repeated over and over that he went too far this time, he went too far. Seth also told the inmtes that he blacked out and when he came to, there were indention marks on Lizzis neck and her face was swollen and purple. This would have been before the bags were on her head because he could obviously see her face and neck.

The deed was already done before the bags were put over her head. And of course we have Kats testimony that Seth strangled her with a rope - no reason to say rope if she was strangled with plastic bags. Its not like Kat has to worry about incriminating herself because she cant be charged.

The witnesses did not say there were no ropes around; they said there was so much clutter that they did not focus on any one object amonvg the clutter. Its also very likely that Seth and Kat would have hidden the murder tools before letting Roberta and Paul in. e.g. I doubt Seth still had on his murder gloves, and they had both apparently gotten dressed.

Paul and Roberta said there was an indention in her neck. Paul assumed it was from the bags that were around her neck - same neck that was strangled with a rope - because he did not know she had been strangled; he was simply making assumptions based on what he observed in front of him..

Besides all that, how do you murder someone with a plastic bag tied around their neck without them being unconscious first?

Rewatching Ramos during break.

Did anyone else catch that he called Liz Marriott "Lizzie McGuire"?
Get the feeling he spent a lot of his time watching shows like that, considering the charges against him? :snooty:
(Lizzie McGuire was a show on Disney Channel about a young teen girl played by Hilary Duff).

PS- It is about 5 minutes into his testimony.

Oh my, yeah, I can imagine the Disney Channel being his Playboy station. gross :P

One thing I haven't seen in these hanging or strangulation pictures is a face purple or swollen.

I see that most people on here believe that she was strangled by a rope. Aside from KM's testimony that there were ropes involved, has there been any proof? Did they find ropes either in the apartment or in the dumpster, or anywhere that appeared to be tied around Lizzi's neck? I am just asking, I have not watched every day and don't know.

CC ‏@courtchatter · 2m
Looks like live feed was yanked due to pics. Psst camera man...you could have focused elsewhere. #SethMazzaglia

I think the bags were put on Lizzie to hide the discoloration of her face & the ligature mark on her neck. They expected Roberta to arrive alone & wouldn't expect her to demand the bags be removed. Seth had an intimate relationship with Roberta, he also confided in her & probably felt he could trust her enough to help them come up with a plan on how to dispose of the body.

CC ‏@courtchatter · 2m
Looks like live feed was yanked due to pics. Psst camera man...you could have focused elsewhere. #SethMazzaglia

Yep!
I shall give him/her a break, likely their first time covering a trial.

Very odd split screen now that the feed has resumed.

How can you say no doubt that the bags tied tightly around her neck killed her? Dont you think strangulation with a rope had something to do with it?

I can barely use a plastic grocery bag to pick up dog poop without it ripping on my fingernail. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to do with a rope than with a plastic grocery bag?

LOL wth are they doing?
Split screen of Seth to cover delicate pics I agree, good idea....but now you are blocking the actual person on the stand :floorlaugh:

I do think you might have missed some testimony. Both Roberta and Paul testified that Seth repeated over and over that he went too far this time, he went too far. Seth also told the inmtes that he blacked out and when he came to, there were indention marks on Lizzis neck and her face was swollen and purple. This would have been before the bags were on her head because he could obviously see her face and neck.

The deed was already done before the bags were put over her head. And of course we have Kats testimony that Seth strangled her with a rope - no reason to say rope if she was strangled with plastic bags. Its not like Kat has to worry about incriminating herself because she cant be charged.

The witnesses did not say there were no ropes around; they said there was so much clutter that they did not focus on any one object amonvg the clutter. Its also very likely that Seth and Kat would have hidden the murder tools before letting Roberta and Paul in. e.g. I doubt Seth still had on his murder gloves, and they had both apparently gotten dressed.

Paul and Roberta said there was an indention in her neck. Paul assumed it was from the bags that were around her neck - same neck that was strangled with a rope - because he did not know she had been strangled; he was simply making assumptions based on what he observed in front of him..

Besides all that, how do you murder someone with a plastic bag tied around their neck without them being unconscious first?

None of this is proof that she died by rope, imo. These are tales told by liars. These killers could not admit that she died via plastic bags but they also couldn't explain the reasoning for tying plastic bags around her head either.

I don't believe them and won't. Making up a story about sex play gone to far was their Plan B. It would have to involve ropes that were tightened too tight accidentally during sex play for this to be Plan B.

Nobody would believe there was sex play using plastic grocery bags. That would point to murder. Lizzi would loose pass out within seconds of having these bags tightened around her neck. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields