NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 9 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to narrate to you all a statement that you've already seen, but it's interesting to see Barth's explanation for the facts now that I've seen the prosecution's case. He claims in his opening statement that there is no furrow on LM's neck and that not a single witness saw a furrow. How absurd. EVERYONE who saw the body describes a pronounced line -- a furrow. Then he goes on to talk about what the defense medical examiner will say about the redness of her face, which according to Barth could be caused by a single-chamber heart attack due to suffocation. I guess the lying works for him sometimes.

Oh -- and after Barth's opening statement the State moved for a mistrial right afterward because Barth did not use good faith in characterizing the disallowed interview with police. He mislead about SM's statement by omitting seven hours between when he first showed the location and when he "took the blame" since he tried to shift the blame to multiple other individuals in the interim.

I can't recall if anyone testified on how the bags were actually tied around her neck.
Roberta states there was a 'line' around her neck and Paul states that it was so tight he had to use a blade to remove the bag.
I can't possibly believe that these bags were simply tied around her neck with those flimsy handles tight or properly without some kind of furious struggle. They wouldn't have stayed and they wouldn't have been so tight. They were either done after she passed out or seizured, or there was a rope involved. MOO.

ETA I wish Barth had made kat or paul show how the bags were tied using a dummy as gruesome as it would have been. I'm sure both of them would have had different displays.

I am listening to Barth's opening statement now, as much as I didn't want to. Is it a requirement for Lawyers to take a Drama class in college? just asking

I wish I had a quarter for every time he takes off his glasses.

Sorry to narrate to you all a statement that you've already seen, but it's interesting to see Barth's explanation for the facts now that I've seen the prosecution's case. He claims in his opening statement that there is no furrow on LM's neck and that not a single witness saw a furrow. How absurd. EVERYONE who saw the body describes a pronounced line -- a furrow. Then he goes on to talk about what the defense medical examiner will say about the redness of her face, which according to Barth could be caused by a single-chamber heart attack due to suffocation. I guess the lying works for him sometimes.

Oh -- and after Barth's opening statement the State moved for a mistrial right afterward because Barth did not use good faith in characterizing the disallowed interview with police. He mislead about SM's statement by omitting seven hours between when he first showed the location and when he "took the blame" since he tried to shift the blame to multiple other individuals in the interim.
Skigirl, do you happen to know why the judge didn't grant the state's request for a mistrial? I still haven't watched opening statements all the way through yet. :blushing: TIA

Skigirl, do you happen to know why the judge didn't grant the state's request for a mistrial? I still haven't watched opening statements all the way through yet. :blushing: TIA

Unfortunately, I missed it. The judge went back to chambers to deliberate, and unless something happened with my internet connection (which has been flaky), I think the cameras were turned off before he came back.

Barth claimed in his opening statement that LM had a rope harness on her & a collar that restricted movement, then he went on to claim that KM was sitting on LM's face & using breath control & LM died from that, suffocation.

Nice try,
doesn't fly.

What else ya got, Barth??

Grrrrrr.

I just tried to watch it, but had to take a break. Barth just irks me. And if I had a dollar for every time he takes his glasses on and off......driving me nuts.
And ITA about the harness/collar......I will never believe Lizzi consented to that, and I don't think the jury will either.

I'm going to try and get through the rest tomorrow.

Are you familiar with the Jane/Bob Bashara case here at WS? You ain't heard nuthin' until that trial starts imho. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180306

Last I heard, that trial starts October 6th. That case, will make sex in this case and Jodi's sex phone calls *cough cough* look pedestrian. Sex dungeon owned by bob, bdsm, master/2 gal slaves/murder for hire/another murder for hire....well, it's made for tv (oh yeah, dateline has already done that/been there)

ETA: Corrected in that dateline was the one to air the case - part 1 is here http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/52280218
<<-- requires adobe flash plug in which won't work on macs? There perhaps is another source on youtube - title is "Secrets in the Suburbs" and here is summary http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/06/grosse_pointe_parks_bob_bashar_1.html

FWIW

I am listening to Barth's opening statement now, as much as I didn't want to. Is it a requirement for Lawyers to take a Drama class in college? just asking

If they did take drama class they'd be hella better than Barth AND SM (although DragonMother said she thought he was passable.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you familiar with the Jane/Bob Bashara case here at WS? You ain't heard nuthin' until that trial starts imho. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180306

Last I heard, that trial starts October 6th. That case, will make sex in this case and Jodi's sex phone calls *cough cough* look pedestrian. Sex dungeon owned by bob, bdsm, master/2 gal slaves/murder for hire/another murder for hire....well, it's made for tv (oh yeah, dateline has already done that/been there)

ETA: Corrected in that dateline was the one to air the case - part 1 is here http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/52280218
<<-- requires adobe flash plug in which won't work on macs? There perhaps is another source on youtube - title is "Secrets in the Suburbs" and here is summary http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/06/grosse_pointe_parks_bob_bashar_1.html

FWIW

Thanks atthelake ...... I will check it out!

*BBM*
To play devils advocate :dervish:...

When I listened to RG's testimony I got the impression the line was just a delineation of where LM's coloring changed.
She described the body as pale and the neck up as purple.

I am not saying there was NOT a marking, just saying when I personally listened to RG talk about the "line" it gave me a visual of color change, not an actual mark on the neck.
That is what got me thinking about the bag being used to suffocate.

Now I lean back more towards the rope, but just wanted to point out how other versions can stick in the mind (and may stick in the jurys minds also :sigh:)

He twirls them a lot also :giggle:
There was a break in court early on and he was standing in front of the projector, his shadow was cast on the big white screen, twirling his glasses in his hand. The camera man actually focused in on the screen shadow, with was kind of artistic, I thought :)

Catching up in the archives. Part 4 with the medical examiner.
She has little patience for his attitude.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140612/GJNEWS_01/140619729/-1/fosnews010116

Another good one re KM's testimony and how she was perceived by some of the spectators.

Thanks Xara for finding these articles, this one was very good and a good analysis.

I don't have any sympathy for Kat as I feel she is involved, I just think that SM is the main person to be charged with the crime. I also think she got off very light, but without her testimony I am not sure how strong of a case the state would have had. Also we probably wouldn't be at trial today. As always JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1