Found Deceased NH - Greg Surbey, 37, Nashua, 05 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
NH missing man: Greg Surbey of Nashua

Nashua police are searching for a missing man.

Greg Surbey, 37, hasn't been heard from since Feb. 5.

According to police, friends and family say it is atypical for him to not keep in touch and they are concerned for his safety.

Nashua Police Seek Assistance With Man Missing Since Feb. 5

Nashua police are asking the public for assistance finding a man who has been missing since early February.

A longtime friend of Greg Surbey, 37, contacted the police on Wednesday and reported him missing to the police.

"According to friends and relatives, they last had contact with Greg on Feb. 5, 2021, and are concerned about his well-being," Lt. Patrick Hannon of the department's criminal investigation division said. "This behavior is very out character, and Greg’s family and friends are requesting assistance in locating him."

WMUR NEWS Facebook
Additional link

Last edited:
To Note:
(Based on links posted above)
•Friends state it is unlike Greg not to keep in touch with them for this long
BUT
•Friends did not report him missing until, Wed., March 10, after Greg was last seen on Feb. 05.

Greg Surbey for Alderman — Nashua Ward 6

I came across this site. It appears he was running for Nashua Ward 6 Alderman at some point.

MastheadSurbey20153.png

Meet Greg Surbey

They should check with nearby homes and businesses for CC video to see if/when he left the house. I love that his ex-gf was able to get such detailed information from his home. At this point though, it might be wise for her to stay out of the house so any potential evidence is not further contaminated. Also, she should consider creating a FB group considering the amount of comments and replies her posts are receiving. MOO

Be safe and get home soon, Greg.

So perhaps he annoyed the wrong person?

I don't think he's really that kind of notorious. He's got some minority political beliefs and likes to be a presence in local politics, but I think most people would describe his role as annoying more than disruptive.

I mean, I don't follow him closely and neither does my friend. Just aware of his existence. But I don't have the impression he goes around making the kind of enemies who would want him dead.

They should check with nearby homes and businesses for CC video to see if/when he left the house. I love that his ex-gf was able to get such detailed information from his home. At this point though, it might be wise for her to stay out of the house so any potential evidence is not further contaminated. Also, she should consider creating a FB group considering the amount of comments and replies her posts are receiving. MOO

Be safe and get home soon, Greg.

Which link are you finding this info on? I must be overlooking it; sorry! :confused:

It's in the comments on WMUR's Facebook page.

Thank you :)
I found it here as well...

Ex-girlfriend of missing Nashua man says she is 'extremely concerned'

You have to go about 1/2 way down article to get to his case info...

Police are trying to determine whether Surbey’s credit cards have been used in recent weeks; search warrants will be sought to gather more details, police said. Since Surbey lived a private life, his disappearance did not raise any red flags until about a month after he last had contact with friends or family, according to Hannon.

Surbey’s former girlfriend, Linda Lagana of Nashua, said she is “extremely concerned,” but remains hopeful there is a logical explanation.

“This is definitely out of character for him,” Lagana said Monday. “Nothing is adding up.”

Surbey had been posting on social media regularly until Feb. 5, she said.

Last Tuesday, Lagana said she stopped by his house and noticed Surbey’s car was in the garage and his mailbox packed with mail. She had sent him numerous messages, although none were read or heard, according to Lagana.

She decided last week to use her key to his house and check inside. His suitcases, toothbrush, razor and keys were at the house, although his phone and wallet were not, she said. Lagana contacted Surbey’s mother, who also had not heard from him, and police were notified.

Lagana said that Surbey was “upset about a lot of things,” but even if he decided to go off the grid for a while, it was unusual he wouldn’t at least touch base with a relative or friend.

Surbey, who previously worked at MIT Lincoln Labs and PeopleNet in Bedford, has not been employed recently, Lagana said.

Ex-girlfriend of missing Nashua man says she is 'extremely concerned'

To Note:
•Greg Surbey was last heard from on Feb 5; this is also the last day he was active on social media
•Surbey’s former girlfriend, Linda Lagana, stopped by his house (Mar 9), and noticed Surbey’s car was in the garage and his mailbox packed with mail.
•So his girlfriend sent him numerous messages, although none were read or heard
•Lagana decided to use her key to his house and check inside.
•His suitcases, toothbrush, razor and keys were at the house, although his phone and wallet were not
•His mom was then contacted; she notified police
•Greg Surbey was reported missing March 10
•According to his gf, he was upset about a lot of things but would still keep in touch if he decided to leave for a bit

This FBI raid happened in NH today. FBI Arrests 6 Over NH Cryptocurrency Business

I wonder if there's a chance the two cases are connected. Greg was also a free stater based on social media and photos of him in tshirts promoting the Free State Project. He is very tech savvy and from one statement, his computers are so well "locked down" the authorities may not be able to access them. He is prior DoD I believe.

This FBI raid happened in NH today. FBI Arrests 6 Over NH Cryptocurrency Business

I wonder if there's a chance the two cases are connected. Greg was also a free stater based on social media and photos of him in tshirts promoting the Free State Project. He is very tech savvy and from one statement, his computers are so well "locked down" the authorities may not be able to access them. He is prior DoD I believe.

This was a grand jury indictment released this morning so I think if he was involved he would have been named even if he was missing. But I wonder how many people knew about the investigation (if anyone) before it was announced?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back