GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's still not showing up on the VA DOC inmate locator. I want to know where that monster is. :mad:

AUG 4, 2024
The NH Department of Corrections said Sunday that Adam Montgomery is in secure custody within a correctional facility outside of the NHDOC system.

The agency said they're unable to provide any additional information on Adam Montgomery's location or the reasons for his transfer.

I'd give it about two weeks and an investigative reporter will call in favors and blow his cover. I recall the same when Letecia Stauch, Chris Watts, and George Walker IV, each transferred out of state and the agencies unable to provide info on their location or reason for their transfer. Charlie Adelson's transfer was being reported weeks before it happened and I think authorities gave up and finally confirmed when the move was no longer fiction. JMO

I wonder if he did something that caused them to have to move him somewhere more secure.

Not likely. IMO, AM really can't get much lower than he already is. High profile inmates are typically relocated under a compact program with other states (inmate exchange, if you will) for the protection of all parties including guards, wardens and inmates including the subject. Most high profile convicts will go through reception in the state they were convicted and transferred shortly after. IMO, AM's move is right on schedule.

Local AM was convicted of killing his child and disposing her body. He's going to be a distraction, require more attention, and a can be an overall nuisance to a local facility. I provided examples of other high profile transfers in earlier post. JMO

ETA: I also think moving AM out of reach of KM a good thing. She's not made the 90 days of supervised release yet.

Crystal Sorey, Harmony’s mother, lost custody of the little girl while she was alive, but was declared the sole administrator of her estate following a hearing in March. Sorey had asked the state to declare Harmony dead and assign her as the administrator ahead of her planned lawsuit.

On Friday, Sorey filed the lawsuit both as administrator of Harmony’s estate and on her own behalf. The lawsuit targets the State of New Hampshire, the New Hampshire Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) and the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, according to records reviewed by Court TV.

SEP 13, 2024
The lawsuit states that DCYF was negligent, saying the agency exposed Harmony to foreseeable risks of harm, and because of the pain and suffering that she experienced, the state is liable to Harmony's estate.

The civil lawsuit, filed Friday in Hillsborough Superior Court North, alleges that the DCYF social worker assigned to check and report on Harmony’s welfare failed to carry out his duties as required by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services.

Court documents say multiple witnesses, including Montgomery’s neighbors, grandmother and uncle, reported to DCYF that they feared for Harmony’s safety, citing ongoing evidence of abuse and neglect before Montgomery beat the girl to death in December 2019 because she had “a bathroom accident” in the car that the family was living in.

SEP 13, 2024
The suit details that Harmony’s family reported concerns to DCYF after she was found with a black eye but were met with little response. Other reports included details about unsafe living conditions, how electricity and hot water in the home had been turned off, drug paraphernalia, and “how Harmony’s father punished her by forcing her to stand in the corner for hours or stay in her bedroom from when she woke up until the late afternoon.:

The suit also notes that the family reported Harmony wasn’t receiving care from a doctor and she wasn’t enrolled in school.

According to the lawsuit, the father's uncle Kevin Montgomery contacted the agency to tell them Harmony had a “vibrant” black eye after she was “punched clear in the eye socket with full force” and that Adam had told him he'd “bounced her off" every wall in the house.

Kevin Montgomery also told the agency he'd witnessed Harmony being made to scrub a bathroom with a toothbrush as a punishment on one occasion, and that another time she'd been made to stand in a corner for between five and eight hours, the lawsuit says.

I don't know how, but I hope that somehow Harmony's brother can be represented by his parents and also file a civil lawsuit for being deprived of her love and companionship for the rest of his life and for the suffering he has experienced so far in his short lifetime. Maybe there is an attorney on here who can comment on this, or someone who is familiar with civil law and how a child can be represented in a situation like this.

SEP 14, 2024
The 39-page complaint [see below] was filed Friday by Attorney Rus Rilee and provides details from numerous reports concerning Harmony’s well-being that were filed with DCFY by her father’s uncle and grandmother, neighbors and others who came in contact with the Montgomery family, all voicing concerns for the child’s safety.

Crystal Sorey, both Individually and as Administratrix of the Estate of Harmony Montgomery v. State of New Hampshire, Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Children, Youth, and Families (“DCYF”)

Attachments

SEP 30, 2024
Sorey said she chose Mary O'Malley Park in Chelsea because it's within the radius that prosecutors say Adam Montgomery could have visited when he rented a U-Haul in March 2020, when investigators believe he disposed of Harmony's body.

This is the first time that particular spot has been searched. Sorey said she hopes the search will be successful, but there's also another search planned for October.

Investigators have identified a 1,500-square-mile area from Manchester to Boston where Adam Montgomery might have disposed of his daughter's remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back