Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it just keeps getting worse. If she believed Harmony was with her mum then why would she take the risk? Not sure how it works in the US but I assume there's a centralised system for welfare benefits?

Food stamps is a federal program, but administered by the states. I assume it's the state that does the regular audits of whether or not there is abuse of the program related to eligibility. I somehow doubt that the various state databases are connected by any centralized database. But I am not sure about this.

Manchester NH Police on Twitter
Another arrest in connection with the missing child, Harmony Montgomery. 31-year-old Kayla Montgomery has been charged with Welfare Fraud.
FIbJAs_X0AQewWr

9:02 AM · Jan 6, 2022·Twitter Web App

Manchester NH Police | Facebook
Attorney General John M. Formella, Hillsborough County Attorney John Coughlin, and Manchester Police Chief Allen D. Aldenberg announce that Kayla Montgomery, age 31, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was arrested on January 5, 2022, in Manchester.

Ms. Montgomery’s arrest was pursuant to an arrest warrant for one charge of Welfare Fraud, a class A felony, contrary to New Hampshire RSA 167:17-b. This charge alleges that between December 2019 and June 2021, Kayla Montgomery obtained over $1,500 in food stamp benefits by failing to remove Harmony Montgomery from Kayla’s family account with NH DHHS Division of Family Assistance and continuing to collect food stamp benefits for Harmony, despite the fact that Harmony was no longer living with Kayla and Kayla’s husband, Adam Montgomery.

Kayla Montgomery is not the biological mother of Harmony Montgomery.
Ms. Montgomery is expected to be arraigned at 11:00 a.m. today in the Hillsborough County Superior Court North. The arraignment will likely be accessible via WebEx.

Officials are continuing to search for Harmony and are requesting the public’s assistance in locating her.

The charges and allegations against Ms. Montgomery are merely accusations, and she is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Last edited:
@chris_m_gavin
Kayla Montgomery (wife of Adam, father of #HarmonyMontgomery) arrested for welfare fraud. Kayla allegedly collected over $1,500 in food stamp benefits from 12/2019 to 6/2021 for Harmony, despite the girl no longer living there.

https://twitter.com/chris_m_gavin/status/1479087090273038341?s=20
Kayla Montgomery (via NH AG):
Ok. In my opinion, this piece of literal trash is almost worse that the sperm donor. Omg. I am so disgusted. Scum. Of. The. Earth. JMO

Post from Manchester NH Police on FB: Log in or sign up to view

Concord, NH – Attorney General John M. Formella, Hillsborough County Attorney John Coughlin, and Manchester Police Chief Allen D. Aldenberg announce that Kayla Montgomery,
age 31, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was arrested on January 5, 2022, in Manchester.
Ms. Montgomery’s arrest was pursuant to an arrest warrant for one charge of Welfare Fraud, a class A felony, contrary to New Hampshire RSA 167:17-b. This charge alleges that between
December 2019 and June 2021, Kayla Montgomery obtained over $1,500 in food stamp benefits by failing to remove Harmony Montgomery from Kayla’s family account with NH DHHS Division of Family Assistance and continuing to collect food stamp benefits for Harmony, despite the fact that Harmony was no longer living with Kayla and Kayla’s husband, Adam Montgomery.

Ms. Montgomery is expected to be arraigned at 11:00 a.m. today in the Hillsborough County Superior Court North. The arraignment will likely be accessible via WebEx.
Officials are continuing to search for Harmony and are requesting the public’s assistance in
locating her.

The charges and allegations against Ms. Montgomery are merely accusations, and she is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Post from Manchester NH Police on FB: Log in or sign up to view

Concord, NH – Attorney General John M. Formella, Hillsborough County Attorney John Coughlin, and Manchester Police Chief Allen D. Aldenberg announce that Kayla Montgomery,
age 31, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was arrested on January 5, 2022, in Manchester.
Ms. Montgomery’s arrest was pursuant to an arrest warrant for one charge of Welfare Fraud, a class A felony, contrary to New Hampshire RSA 167:17-b. This charge alleges that between
December 2019 and June 2021, Kayla Montgomery obtained over $1,500 in food stamp benefits by failing to remove Harmony Montgomery from Kayla’s family account with NH DHHS Division of Family Assistance and continuing to collect food stamp benefits for Harmony, despite the fact that Harmony was no longer living with Kayla and Kayla’s husband, Adam Montgomery.

Officials are continuing to search for Harmony and are requesting the public’s assistance in
locating her.

Nope. How are you married to a man and not have questions or concerns about his child. Nope. Scum. JMO

Food stamps is a federal program, but administered by the states. I assume it's the state that does the regular audits of whether or not there is abuse of the program related to eligibility. I somehow doubt that the various state databases are connected by any centralized database. But I am not sure about this.

I did some quick reseach online, and apparently the states do have some data-sharing capabilities on government assistance programs. States can upload their data to a database that is provided by the federal government, and although the federal government does not process or access the data, this database serves as a link between state databases. States can upload their data four times a year, and each state has access to this database.

For more information on this, here is the link, and it is section D: Data-Sharing Capabilities.

VRM | Social Services Databases

There are a lot of details in this article I am reading for the first time.

JAN 6, 2021
Missing Harmony Montgomery: Timeline of New Hampshire girl's disappearance | Fox News
[...]

September 2014

Adam Montgomery pleads guilty to charges of larceny, carrying a firearm without a license and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building in an armed robbery during which he allegedly shot a man in the head.

Harmony is around four months old. Montgomery receives a sentence of 18 months behind bars, according to the Essex County Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts.

July 2018

Crystal Sorey loses custody of Harmony in Massachusetts, in part due to struggles with substance abuse.

Harmony begins bouncing in and out of foster care.

Between February and June 2019

Harmony’s father, Adam Montgomery, secures custody of his daughter, taking her out of Massachusetts’ foster care system. The exact date is redacted in adoption documents given to Blair and Johnathon Miller, who took in Harmony’s brother on June 7.

"From night one, in the bedroom, he asked where Harmony was going to sleep," Johnathon Miller told Fox News Digital.

[...]

Aug. 16, 2019

The Millers meet Sorey for the first time and offer to adopt Harmony if the need ever arises, according to Johnathon Miller.

They discuss J’s strong bond with his sister and exchange numbers with Sorey, remaining in regular contact ever since, following up on Harmony and giving her updates on J. They also frequently sought to connect the siblings over FaceTime, but each time Sorey told them Adam Montgomery wasn’t answering her.

[...]

June 2020

Around the time of Harmony’s sixth birthday, Sorey tells the Millers she hasn't been able to reach Montgomery or her daughter.

[...]

July 29, 2021

Sorey tells the Millers that she finally found Montgomery, but he immediately blocked her on social media, according to Johnathon Miller.

September 2021

Johnathon Miller says Sorey told him she’d made contact with one of Montgomery’s aunts, who told her she hadn’t seen Harmony since some point in 2019.

Shortly afterward, she reportedly saw Montgomery posting a lot of his belongings on Facebook Marketplace.

Sept. 16, 2021

The Millers begin attempting to contact Adam and Kayla Montgomery over Facebook but have no luck.

Blair Miller, a Washington-based news anchor for Boston 25, reaches out to New Hampshire’s Division for Children, Youth and Families. Sorey later tells them she finally heard back from the agency.

Nov. 16, 2021

Sorey discusses filing a missing person report for Harmony with the Millers.

Nov. 18, 2021

Manchester school officials reveal they have no records that Harmony has ever been enrolled there. Sorey reports Harmony missing to the Manchester Police Department.

The Millers again offer to take Harmony into emergency foster care if needed.

[...]

Last edited:
Do we know where HE is? If SHE's been arrested, who is taking care of her children? Please tell me it's not him.

JMO
He's in jail. He was arrested Tuesday.

NH man to be arraigned for allegedly assaulting 7-year-old daughter last seen in 2019
Adam Montgomery, 31, of Manchester, was taken into custody on a warrant charging him with felony second-degree assault arising from conduct against 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery back in 2019, New Hampshire Attorney General John M. Formella, Hillsborough County Attorney John Coughlin, and Manchester Police Chief Allen D. Aldenberg announced Wdnesday in a joint statement.

He is also facing one misdemeanor charge of interference with custody and two misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child pertaining to Harmony, officials said.

There are a lot of details in this article I am reading for the first time.

JAN 6, 2021
Missing Harmony Montgomery: Timeline of New Hampshire girl's disappearance | Fox News
[...]

September 2014

Adam Montgomery pleads guilty to charges of larceny, carrying a firearm without a license and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building in an armed robbery during which he allegedly shot a man in the head.

Harmony is around four months old. Montgomery receives a sentence of 18 months behind bars, according to the Essex County Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts.

July 2018

Crystal Sorey loses custody of Harmony in Massachusetts, in part due to struggles with substance abuse.

Harmony begins bouncing in and out of foster care.

Between February and June 2019

Harmony’s father, Adam Montgomery, secures custody of his daughter, taking her out of Massachusetts’ foster care system. The exact date is redacted in adoption documents given to Blair and Johnathon Miller, who took in Harmony’s brother on June 7.

"From night one, in the bedroom, he asked where Harmony was going to sleep," Johnathon Miller told Fox News Digital.

[...]

Aug. 16, 2019

The Millers meet Sorey for the first time and offer to adopt Harmony if the need ever arises, according to Johnathon Miller.

They discuss J’s strong bond with his sister and exchange numbers with Sorey, remaining in regular contact ever since, following up on Harmony and giving her updates on J. They also frequently sought to connect the siblings over FaceTime, but each time Sorey told them Adam Montgomery wasn’t answering her.

[...]

June 2020

Around the time of Harmony’s sixth birthday, Sorey tells the Millers she hasn't been able to reach Montgomery or her daughter.

[...]

July 29, 2021

Sorey tells the Millers that she finally found Montgomery, but he immediately blocked her on social media, according to Johnathon Miller.

September 2021

Johnathon Miller says Sorey told him she’d made contact with one of Montgomery’s aunts, who told her she hadn’t seen Harmony since some point in 2019.

Shortly afterward, she reportedly saw Montgomery posting a lot of his belongings on Facebook Marketplace.

Sept. 16, 2021

The Millers begin attempting to contact Adam and Kayla Montgomery over Facebook but have no luck.

Blair Miller, a Washington-based news anchor for Boston 25, reaches out to New Hampshire’s Division for Children, Youth and Families. Sorey later tells them she finally heard back from the agency.

Nov. 16, 2021

Sorey discusses filing a missing person report for Harmony with the Millers.

Nov. 18, 2021

Manchester school officials reveal they have no records that Harmony has ever been enrolled there. Sorey reports Harmony missing to the Manchester Police Department.

The Millers again offer to take Harmony into emergency foster care if needed.

[...]

If not for little J and the bond he shares with his sister, Harmony, no one would be looking for her. The Millers, of course, are responsible for taking steps this fall to find Harmony, but it is their son, J, who has been the impetus all along.

I don't think I will ever forget his asking "where is Harmony going to sleep," when he went to his new adoptive home.

Christopher Gavin

An affidavit filed against Kayla Montgomery (stepmom to #HarmonyMontgomery) states Kayla had Harmony added to her family's welfare account with the state in Feb. 2019, writing that Harmony "is living with us full-time." Benefits then increased by $129 per month in March.

Document states Lawrence Juvenile Court (in Mass.) says Adam Montgomery was granted full custody of Harmony on Feb. 22, 2019.

On Jan. 7, 2021, Kayla indicated to the state her household consisted of "2 adults married filing jointly, 4 children," per affidavit. Case worker noted Kayla "seemed confused about whether or not Harmony lived there because goes to her mom's every other weekend."

Reminder: Kayla allegedly told police last week she has not seen or heard about Harmony since November/December of 2019. Said Adam told her he was bringing Harmony back to the girl's mother's in Lowell at that time

Affidavit in Kayla's case continues to say that on June 2, 2021, another benefits account change report began regarding Kayla's income. "DHHS noted that case management for HM was closed, noting 'client said she moved back with her mother and to remove her from her case.'"

Last edited:
I get Ayla Reynolds vibes from this. Just awful. I couldn’t help but bawl my eyes out last night at the photos of Harmony. She’s so cute and innocent, and knows a life of being bashed around the house and being forced to clean a toilet with her toothbrush. Sick.

Pitiful, though, that she got rid of Harmony (she said that Harmony was "returned") and still collected food stamp benefits for Harmony. They need to keep the pressure on and get her to talk.

I wonder, if government records still listed Harmony as living with them, did they also collect those checks that were distributed for Covid relief? I think there was a certain amount given to people with minor children and it would probably just land on the welfare or benefit card.

Right now I honestly can't remember who initiated that extra money for children, if it was under Trump or Biden, but I remember that was done.

Why is just the stepmother charged with welfare fraud and not the father?

Reports say that the account was in her name. It's possible that they will charge the father later if he knew about the payments, but right now that probably isn't their priority. They also needed to get KM into custody to put some pressure on her, I suspect this is all very strategic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay