Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@victoriapricetv

Adam Montgomery’s mother-in-law filed for a restraining order against him in July 2021. The complaint says wife Kayla was living with her mother at the time due to alleged violence from Adam. Adam apparently came to the home and tapped on a window with a knife.
After court, Kayla’s mom says her daughter had no involvement in Harmony Montgomery’s disappearance. She says “My daughter has a good heart. I don’t know what her heart was on on this but I do believe her. She’s staying very, very consistent in what she’s saying

FIcLmDvXsAAPM3m
FIcLmD5XMAAfS0B
I'm still not buying it all. Kayla was taking money on a child she wants us to believe she thought was living with CS. I don't buy it for a second. I see this as shifting behavior, trying to make Kayla look like another victim, and I don't see Kayla as a victim here. I see Kayla as a co-conspirator in this whole mess.

This really fires me up. He's abusing the woman living with him, threatening her mother, is the subject of a restraining order, and yet (ostensibly) continues to have custody of Harmony.

He's a walking, talking, red flag, and yet this doesn't trigger DCYF intervention.

Interesting that Kayla did not file for this restraining order of behalf of herself or their children. It's hard to believe Adam was not abusive to these 3 children when his uncle and brother told police he was explosively violent with Harmony.

If so, I am hoping Kayla's mother was unaware of any physical abuse of her grandchildren by either parent. It seems odd to me that the request for a restraining order is just to keep them away from her house. Shouldn't it have included Kayla and the children too. Why request a restraining order only for when the kids and Kayla are home at her house if he was a danger. Given the knife, she clearly thought he was a threat to the people living in the house.

Maybe I am not familiar enough with restraining orders. Don't they usually order someone to stay away from the victim's home and person?

I'm still not buying it all. Kayla was taking money on a child she wants us to believe she thought was living with CS. I don't buy it for a second. I see this as shifting behavior, trying to make Kayla look like another victim, and I don't see Kayla as a victim here. I see Kayla as a co-conspirator in this whole mess.
That's why I thought it odd that the request for the restraining order was from Kayla's mother, not Kayla. And that it did request he stay a certain distance from Kayla, the children, or herself.

I'm not sure what I think. I'm going to assume AM and KM were both using drugs during this period. I'm also going to assume AM was abusive and KM was not doing a good job supporting herself or her children. She added HM on 2/2019 when AM got custody. She removed HM in 6/2021 when she apparently moved out from AM and moved in with her mother.

Maybe she really didn't understand she couldn't claim benefits if HM was not living with them full time? It seems really strange to me that she would contact DHHS in 6/2021 to remove Harmony from her account if she knew she was dead since 2019?

Nothing is impossible but I think it might be a little more likely that this was old fashioned welfare scamming - KM may have told herself that since AM was still the legal guardian of HM they were entitled to the money even if they didn't see her.

Is this what a smart or ethical person would do? No of course not but it might be what actually happened. Otherwise it seems like you are calling attention to yourself for no reason.

I'm not sure what I think. I'm going to assume AM and KM were both using drugs during this period. I'm also going to assume AM was abusive and KM was not doing a good job supporting herself or her children. She added HM on 2/2019 when AM got custody. She removed HM in 6/2021 when she apparently moved out from AM and moved in with her mother.

Maybe she really didn't understand she couldn't claim benefits if HM was not living with them full time? It seems really strange to me that she would contact DHHS in 6/2021 to remove Harmony from her account if she knew she was dead since 2019?

Nothing is impossible but I think it might be a little more likely that this was old fashioned welfare scamming - KM may have told herself that since AM was still the legal guardian of HM they were entitled to the money even if they didn't see her.

Is this what a smart or ethical person would do? No of course not but it might be what actually happened. Otherwise it seems like you are calling attention to yourself for no reason.
I can see that.

Article here clears up some confusion.
Also an embedded interview video with Kayla's mother.
Kayla Montgomery, Step-Mother Of Missing Girl Appears In Court
Just when I think I’ve figured out this internet thing this happens. I went to the link (interesting article) but there was no embedded video of Kayla’s Mom’s interview. Just this statement at the end of the article:

“The video of what she shared can be seen on YouTube.com.”

No link. At Youtube I googled the Mom’s name. Got nothing. Tried adding the news source Patch and NH to the search. Still nothing. I’m sure I’ll eventuly find it but to end my misery, if someone happens to have the link to actual video and could post it here that would be ever so awesome.

Thank you!

@victoriapricetv

Adam Montgomery’s mother-in-law filed for a restraining order against him in July 2021. The complaint says wife Kayla was living with her mother at the time due to alleged violence from Adam. Adam apparently came to the home and tapped on a window with a knife.
After court, Kayla’s mom says her daughter had no involvement in Harmony Montgomery’s disappearance. She says “My daughter has a good heart. I don’t know what her heart was on on this but I do believe her. She’s staying very, very consistent in what she’s saying

FIcLmDvXsAAPM3m
FIcLmD5XMAAfS0B

And just to pour salt on our wounds -- the mother's petition for this restraining order was heard in court in August 2021 and dismissed by the court in Sept 2021.

Public records access - Welcome

This really fires me up. He's abusing the woman living with him, threatening her mother, is the subject of a restraining order, and yet (ostensibly) continues to have custody of Harmony.

He's a walking, talking, red flag, and yet this doesn't trigger DCYF intervention.
im thinking that when Ma closed their case, it somehow was never reopened in NH.

so confusing so dad had a girlfriend at the time, and now he has a wife that was not the girlfriend? Mom was in treatment at the time. Uncle was told of abuse by dad....
those are most of the adults in this one?

JAN 2, 2022
Boston 25 Washington Correspondent Blair Miller shares his personal connection to missing girl in NH – Boston 25 News
Boston 25 Washington correspondent Blair Miller and his husband Johnathon have adopted three boys. They adopted their youngest son, [redacted], through the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families.

[...]

Miller told anchor Kerry Kavanaugh [redacted] often asks about his sister. He said his family has unsuccessfully tried to reach Harmony since adopting [redacted] in November 2019.

Miller added he inquired with DCF about possibly adopting Harmony as well. He says a caseworker told him then Harmony had been reunited with her father.

[...]
my heart is breaking..... that poor little guy asking about his sweet sister, ugh. poor babies.

Article here clears up some confusion.
Also an embedded interview video with Kayla's mother.
Kayla Montgomery, Step-Mother Of Missing Girl Appears In Court

It's even worse than I thought. They were homeless and living in a car, with three chldren on December 6, 2019, according to KM's mother in this interview. And sometime the week before, Harmony goes missing.

I'm glad to see that Childrens Services are now involved, and hope that the three young children of KM and AM will be under their supervision and/or care.

The mother of KM admitted that KM tells lies, but says that she can get the truth out of her, but it is clear that she isn't sure what the deal is regarding Harmony. She wasn't 100% confident that her daughter, KM, has no involvement.

God help all of these children, and so thankful that little J is with a good family.

CORRECTION: They were homeless and living in a car in December, 2019, not 2021 as I originally posted.

Last edited:
Interesting that Kayla did not file for this restraining order of behalf of herself or their children. It's hard to believe Adam was not abusive to these 3 children when his uncle and brother told police he was explosively violent with Harmony.

If so, I am hoping Kayla's mother was unaware of any physical abuse of her grandchildren by either parent. It seems odd to me that the request for a restraining order is just to keep them away from her house. Shouldn't it have included Kayla and the children too. Why request a restraining order only for when the kids and Kayla are home at her house if he was a danger. Given the knife, she clearly thought he was a threat to the people living in the house.

Maybe I am not familiar enough with restraining orders. Don't they usually order someone to stay away from the victim's home and person?

i might can help a little. background first then explanation for context.

i filed a RO on one of my adult sons ex gf who was stalking him and additionally stalking my house where i live w my minor children ( and said adult son) and she vandalized his car in my driveway. after she had showed up late at night multiple times screaming and crying on my front yard at night, and vandalized his car i installed cameras. my final straw was when she literally chased two of my sons (one her ex bf young adult son and one teen son) home in a truckful of dudes, i had enough. i called the cops. my son didnt want to involve the cops because he has repeatedly been pulled over for no reason and just doesnt like them, but at this point is was too close to my home w my minor children.

so since i was not the party w the previous relationship w her, i was unable to file a DVRO and had to file a civil one, and i could add family but not the son whose ex gf she was, he would have to do the DVRO for himself. im thinking that KM's mom didnt want him near her house and KM may not want to be involved directly.

i might can help a little. background first then explanation for context.

i filed a RO on one of my adult sons ex gf who was stalking him and additionally stalking my house where i live w my minor children ( and said adult son) and she vandalized his car in my driveway. after she had showed up late at night multiple times screaming and crying on my front yard at night, and vandalized his car i installed cameras. my final straw was when she literally chased two of my sons (one her ex bf young adult son and one teen son) home in a truckful of dudes, i had enough. i called the cops. my son didnt want to involve the cops because he has repeatedly been pulled over for no reason and just doesnt like them, but at this point is was too close to my home w my minor children.

so since i was not the party w the previous relationship w her, i was unable to file a DVRO and had to file a civil one, and i could add family but not the son whose ex gf she was, he would have to do the DVRO for himself. im thinking that KM's mom didnt want him near her house and KM may not want to be involved directly.

I hope your petition for RO was successful. Court records show that the mother's request was not granted and dismissed by the court.

Just when I think I’ve figured out this internet thing this happens. I went to the link (interesting article) but there was no embedded video of Kayla’s Mom’s interview. Just this statement at the end of the article:

“The video of what she shared can be seen on YouTube.com.”

No link. At Youtube I googled the Mom’s name. Got nothing. Tried adding the news source Patch and NH to the search. Still nothing. I’m sure I’ll eventuly find it but to end my misery, if someone happens to have the link to actual video and could post it here that would be ever so awesome.

Thank you!

Try this link, it the mother of KM speaking to the media outside of her home:

I hope your petition for RO was successful. Court records show that the mother's request was not granted and dismissed by the court.
well, sheriff tried to serve her 3x and they wouldnt answer the door and the final time left a sign that she didnt live there, which was a lie, but she got he message and stopped coming around thankfully.

i wonder whether KM's mom didnt follow up or appear in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam