GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they're not going to confirm? :waitasec:

So, they're not going to confirm? :waitasec:

Well if it's the truth I assume they're going to have to at some point soon, but so far they haven't.

Oh the article doesn't match the headline...as usual.

Police Locate Body Of Missing Maine Mom (headline)

Police in New Hampshire believe they may have found the body of missing Maine mother Krista Dittmeyer (first line of article)

Any word on any unidentified bodies found or unusual LE activity in that area of Maine or the area of NH. Do we have scanners in those areas?

I too am puzzled by this turn of events.

ETA the presser being cancelled with such a limited explanation

tlcox - Nope. Just a break in at the seafood restaurant. No missing people or bodies or weird crimes.

WCSH 6
Krista Dittmeyer Update: We still have no confirmation that a body has been found in a pond at Mt. Cranmore. However, the case is now being handled by the New Hamsphire attorney general's office, not Conway Police. A representative of the office is at the scene and the Associated Press is reporting she handles homicide investigations in New Hampshire.

http://www.facebook.com/wcsh6?sk=wall

Just an FYI Peter Odom who is often a guest on NG is a former NH Assistant Attny General. I would imagine that he will be on her show tonight to explain how NH law works. We are a quirkly bunch up here.

and proud of it!

The media briefing scheduled for Wednesday afternoon in connection with the Krista Dittmeyer case has been canceled.
Conway police said they will not be releasing any information about the case and that all inquiries should be made to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office.

http://www.wmtw.com/r/27689529/detail.html

short video here

My analysis of this is as follows

They have found a body. They now have a responsibility to notify the family. They aren't happy that the rumors have broke out and the family has learned of it before official notification.

Their priorities now are to search for evidence, remove the remains, protect the scene. They aren't happy about the media attention at the scene.

Sending media to the AG is pretty standard. They really don't want to lie to public and they don't want to discuss the case so they don't have to. Also they need time to determine what info and how much info to release to public at this time. Remember there hasn't been an arrest yet, so they will want to protect a lot of this. What they found has definately confirmed that it is a criminal case.

Time of the press conference was too close to the time of the finding of the body. They haven't had time to discuss findings and determine what evidence to release to the public at this point.

They won't confirm if the remains are Krista until a positive formal id has been done.

They have found a body. They now have a responsibility to notify the family. They aren't happy that the rumors have broke out and the family has learned of it before official notification.

Their priorities now are to search for evidence, remove the remains, protect the scene. They aren't happy about the media attention at the scene.

Sending media to the AG is pretty standard. They really don't want to lie to public and they don't want to discuss the case so they don't have to. Also they need time to determine what info and how much info to release to public at this time. Remember there hasn't been an arrest yet, so they will want to protect a lot of this. What they found has definately confirmed that it is a criminal case.

Time of the press conference was too close to the time of the finding of the body. They haven't had time to discuss findings and determine what evidence to release to the public at this point.

They won't confirm if the remains are Krista until a positive formal id has been done.

awesome post to sum it up. I agree with you 100% I think it came over the scanner before they wanted to release this which is why they said to turn off the police radio so scanner info stops. I would not want to find out this way. Would rather LE tell me if this was my family.

Must be the case. It would be seriously cruel, otherwise, if these were nothing but unfounded rumors and no body had been found. God Bless her.

Must be the case. It would be seriously cruel, otherwise, if these were nothing but unfounded rumors and no body had been found. God Bless her.

IIRC in NH The State Prosecutes most if not all murder cases. The local PD do the initial investigation and then the State investigators take over.

So very sad! I can understand how quickly everyone would be "in the know" if it went out over the police scanner that a body was found. Even without police verification, this would definitely create a "scene" with the locals. Poor, poor family! I would much rather hear from LE, but sometimes it does happen that the media finds out before family is notified. I hope that LE confirms quickly about a body, even if they cannot yet confirm if it was Krista!

I see there are quite a few guests on here. Please join. It is not hard and your input is very welcome. We'd love to hear your thoughts, any local information, etc. It only takes a moment or two and then you are free to join the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove